So who could replace Brian Johnson in AC/DC?

Smeble

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having followed DC since 1980 I just feel sad for em.

I was very surprised when they said the tour would last 2 years and even more surprised when some of the gigs for Summer 2016 were in the same place as 2015 - Why play London 12 months apart with the same stage and same set ?

I bet they are regretting not sticking to 12 months and then be done with it .

Adam Clayton has said that sometimes a tour can go on for a year too long and for bands that have been around 30 years or more this is a fair comment.

^^^ this.

Will be requesting a refund if it's a stand in singer. I'd rather remember them how they were.

I still have memories of the utterly abysmal "guns and roses" tour in 2006. It was in fact a fat ginger test singing "we are sailing".... I left at this point. 

Should have kept them as heroes.

I dunno boys. I'm not as big a fan as most here and can't really pass comment as to what people wanna do with their money (particularly because I didn't stump up in the first place!) but I would argue that there's reason to stay loyal to the end.

I mean, the band has historically revolved around Angus and Malcolm anyway hasn't it? And people stood by the band recently when Malcolm and Phil had to leave - and also they could easily have packed it in all that time ago after Bon died but chose not to. There's been so many obstacles overcome that I should think the fans would just wanna go along whoever's singing because it's one of the final shows and a celebration of sorts of their career. It seems a better ending to me that everyone went along anyway and had a good time than everyone bailed and the band cancelled the remainder of their final tour after unsuccessfully trying to complete it with a guest singer.

I vote Shatner to sing btw.

On 3/7/2016 at 11:40 AM, Scruffylovemonster said:

Think that's the major criticism rather than beano's singing. 

Back in black aside most fans think every other post Scott album is average at best. Personally I think for those about to rock is very underrated but other than those two and the odd song here and there post1980 dc isn't brilliant. I do think beano does a reasonable rendition of the early stuff live though. 

I think along the same with For Those About to Rock...some great stuff on there, and at times i've even preferred it to Back in Black...Let's Get It Up one of my all-time faves...

Fly on the Wall another of my BJ-sung fave albums.

On 3/9/2016 at 0:26 PM, ivan said:

Having followed DC since 1980 I just feel sad for em.

I was very surprised when they said the tour would last 2 years and even more surprised when some of the gigs for Summer 2016 were in the same place as 2015 - Why play London 12 months apart with the same stage and same set ?

I bet they are regretting not sticking to 12 months and then be done with it .

Adam Clayton has said that sometimes a tour can go on for a year too long and for bands that have been around 30 years or more this is a fair comment.

very true, spot-on, well-said

but since we're playing the game.....Sammy Hagar surely, isn't that his role?

• 2 weeks later...