So who could replace Brian Johnson in AC/DC?

Smeble

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sure a lot of people will be outraged by this because of his reputation, but christ they really lucked out with this one - i mean, i don't think anybody can feel particularly short changed considering the circumstances. very interested to see/hear how this goes, and just hope that people give Axl the benefit of the doubt as he's still an excellent vocalist

1 minute ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Will be a real shame if their final shows end up with late starts and shambolic ends involving plugs being pulled before the encore.

fairly sure he's been well behaved and on time at all of the recent GnR shows, and besides, at the AC/DC shows it's not his own bands fans he'd be pissing off. he wouldn't have volunteered to do it if he knew he was just gonna piss about

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

fairly sure he's been well behaved and on time at all of the recent GnR shows, and besides, at the AC/DC shows it's not his own bands fans he'd be pissing off. he wouldn't have volunteered to do it if he knew he was just gonna piss about

Hopefully your right mate.

I'm still bitter after leeds in 2010 

:-) 

39 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i'm sure a lot of people will be outraged by this because of his reputation, but christ they really lucked out with this one - i mean, i don't think anybody can feel particularly short changed considering the circumstances. very interested to see/hear how this goes, and just hope that people give Axl the benefit of the doubt as he's still an excellent vocalist

I've never liked his voice. Factor in the price of flights down from Scotland, overnight accommodation and a secondary market already flooded with thousands of people trying to flog their tickets and it's a clusterfuck. 

Though I suppose it's possible that tickets will become hot again if 1000s of GnR fans start snapping them up. Seems unlikely, though. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I've never liked his voice. Factor in the price of flights down from Scotland, overnight accommodation and a secondary market already flooded with thousands of people trying to flog their tickets and it's a clusterfuck. 

Though I suppose it's possible that tickets will become hot again if 1000s of GnR fans start snapping them up. Seems unlikely, though. 

Is it? I've got a feeling there's gonna be a big ol' backpedal from the mob saying they wouldn't see a Brian-less band.

6 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Shit quality but he sounds alright here to be fair, sitting down is probably doing him favours as he won't be so out of breath.

I'm not being funny but he sounded better singing this than he did his own fucking songs. I thought the Guns n Roses tracks sounded pretty abysmal.

I really struggle to see the appeal of a massively overweight, 20 years past his prime Axl Rose trying to squeak out some 25 year old songs. If you want to hear some classic Guns n Roses tracks live, do yourself a favour and catch Slash with Miles Kennedy next time they tour. 

Edited by jparx

Better quality version. Axl sounds great!

Having seen a GnR show a few years back where Axl walked off stage in a hissy fit and came back and stood stationary for the 2nd half (contractual obligation), hes a far better singer when hes not running about like he did when he was younger.

Its great to have one of rocks great frontmen back and busy again. Although hardcore AC/DC fans won't be happy I'm sure.

Edited by The Nal

53 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Better quality version. Axl sounds great!

Having seen a GnR show a few years back where Axl walked off stage in a hissy fit and came back and stood stationary for the 2nd half (contractual obligation), hes a far better singer when hes not running about like he did when he was younger.

Its great to have one of rocks great frontmen back and busy again. Although hardcore AC/DC fans won't be happy I'm sure.

Fuck me, the amount of phones!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a ticket for the first show in Lisbon a week on Saturday and I'm going with an open mind. Personally I think Axl sounds pretty good in the clips above but the hardcore AC/DC fans aren't happy at all. I think in the main it's because of who they've chosen to replace Brian, and his reputation. Expect a full unbiased report when I get back