ICGenie

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2nd gig in a week Lemmy has had to abandon after a couple of songs. Is he on thew way out?

Bumped into a metalhead the day after Motörhead and he said Lemmy will be gone by the end of the year, he's really unwell..

Obv just a fans point of view but could have some truth in it if he's really struggling..

Lived a great life

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

Lemmy has passed away, aged 70.

Horrific stuff, really unexpected. RIP.

I'm really really not trying to be a dick here but he had a barrage of health problems, as documented throughout this thread so 'unexpected' may not be the correct descriptor. He did brilliantly to tour through it for two years and was still at it this month. Thankfully he returned from tour though and spent his 70th and Christmas at home with his family, as said here in this message. 

Edited by dentalplan

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'm really really not trying to be a dick here but he had a barrage of health problems, as documented throughout this thread so 'unexpected' may not be the correct descriptor. He did brilliantly to tour through it for two years and was still at it this month. Thankfully he returned from tour though and spent his 70th and Christmas at home with his family, as said here in this message. 

Nah I understand, of course he was ill, and has been for a while. As Zac says though, I think it's a shock for someone to die having been performing not that long ago.

Unexpected in the sense that he was still performing recently, rather than 'it came out of nowhere' etc.

EDIT: Having read the September posts in this thread, maybe he was even struggling to perform come the end. Sad nonetheless.

Edited by GlastoSimon

It was pretty obvious to everyone who saw Motorhead last year that he wasn't in the best of health. He looked pretty frail and his voice had gone. Still, to last as long as he did with that lifestyle is pretty remarkable, and more so to keep performing up until the end.

RIP you mad fucker.

Edited by Hugh Jass

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Eh? Both scheduled to play Pyramid. Where's the clash?

the timings got messed up after Foos pulled out and so they probably moved out of the way of a clash with an act on another stage (or right in to the way of one, which unfortunately is what happened with me and i was only able to catch the first twenty or so minutes)

very sad news, although what with the past two years he's had, not unexpected. they just don't make em like him anymore!

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I know, I was being facicious - because if you're having Phil Taylor on drums, it's got to be Eddie on guitar.

That is, after all, the classic line-up, and the line-up that wrote the 'hits'.

Though, of course, Eddie isn't dead, which I think is the point of Penguin's post.

Then again, Lemmy was an atheist so he's not going to be playing anywhere. Up, down or in the ether.