Motörhead?!

ICGenie

Saw Motorhead at Hyde Park with Sabbath last year and I thought Lemmy was struggling a little, it was early in his rehab though. Now they have the touring schedule properly regulated I'm hoping this will be a Glastonbury highlight and Lemmy will be on fine form. I missed the recent wembley show but I gather it was very good indeed.

So pleased they get to play in front of a huge audience many of whom may know the legend but have yet to see them.

For the record the recent albums have all been decent and they are a band that do not rest easy on their laurels and are quite happy to play newer material amongst the classics, of which there are many.

Really looking forward to seeing them.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the best quality vid but this is from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4c9emOwUs

Set list was:

1. (with Drum Solo)
  2. Encore:
Edited by mattyc1965

.....they will be the loudest band of the weekend no question and certainly the heaviest......I feel kind of sorry for Florence and the machine.......even the best rock and metal bands wouldn't want to have to follow motorhead.......going to sound so weak by comparison haha

See, I feel sorry for Lemmy and Motorhead. Coming on after Mary J.

After an hour of such sky-scraping, contemporary soul, Motorhead are bound to sound a bit old-fashioned and just a bit, well, square.

indeed thats one thing I love about them.....a lot of acts are living on past glories but motorheads recent albums are all top as well......some of my favorite tracks are off records like inferno and aftershock rather then the so called `classics` ...they just seem to be a band who have never compramised or slowed down album wise or live........I mean lemmys almost in his 70s and yes theres a few bands with members around that age like the stones etc but name me another band who still do a full tour schedule year after year all over the world like motorhead do? deserve much respect! Just finished reading his book.......I think the guy did enough sex drugs and rock n roll with Hawkwind and before that to burn most people out let alone what he's gotten up to with Motörhead over the years.

If you looked up rock n roll in the dictionary that mans picture should appear under the description....and you can't say that about many artists.....none of today's so called 'rockers' can hold a candle.

Can you tell I'm a Motörhead fan? .....really Metallica one year Motörhead the next.....dream bookings for me :)

Could not agree more.

"We are Motorhead, and we play Rock'n'Roll" to hear those words uttered from the Pyramid Stage will be an absolute thrill.

I've had Motorhead down as a definite since the stage times were announced, but read a few negative comments about them live these days. Is it worth going to see them now?

I've had Motorhead down as a definite since the stage times were announced, but read a few negative comments about them live these days. Is it worth going to see them now?

With Lemmys inability to do speed these days they're a bit slower but still sound pretty good!

Although his right hand doesn't play the Ace of Spades as fast as it did! Amphetamines are good!

A noticeable slow down.

At 103.15 here. Wacken 2006

24.45 here. Wacken last year

Edited by The Nal

With Lemmys inability to do speed these days they're a bit slower but still sound pretty good!

Although his right hand doesn't play the Ace of Spades as fast as it did! Amphetamines are good!

A noticeable slow down.

And 103.15 here. Wacken 2006

hmmm, that is worryingly different! 1st one sounds amazing...

them or wolf alice, still cant decide

Ah man, he seems like he's really struggling in that bottom video compared to the top one. I probably will go along and see them still as it's the only time I will ever see them.

Never prejudge a gig on a bit of cam footage.

That said, Motorhead = metal = automatically > anything else on at Glastonbury ever

No, but you can certainly see from the video footage that they have lost a hell of a lot of what they had.

A noticeable slow down.

At 103.15 here. Wacken 2006

That is a shockingly bad difference.

I think they've booked them 10 years too late. Would be great if it was like that 2006 performance

The issue is they've booked them. Saw them at Sonisphere a few years ago, not through choice at all, awful and painful, can barely understand what he's saying.

I want to like Motorhead, I just don't.

I don't want to like Motorhead and I don't haha. I was goign to turn up just for Ace Of Spades but based on that video, I may not know it is AOS lol

You can't just flit in and out, it's a commitment.

Agreed, even with Lemmy out of his prime we just have to make the effort to watch, listen and respect him and his music for the Jack Danieled effort he has put in over many years. He's played alongside many a rockstar/popstar and he more than deserves his slot at Glasto. It should have happened many years ago what with his Hawkwind roots.

They are Motorhead and they play Rock 'n' Roll!

I just hope, along with Lemmy, that the soundman is brave enough to turn it up a notch or three. If ever the pyramid deserved to be louder its at 6pm on Friday 26th June this year.