Motörhead?!

ICGenie

The Motorhead booking has completely lit up my FB wall, massive excitement amongst my friends and extended family, much more so than any other act. Quite rightly so as well. I do hope they play WH or The Other, somehow don't like the idea of the Pyramid for them.

(In the event of nuclear holocaust there will be two survivors..cockroaches and Lemmy)

This yours by any chance?

gallery_7165_904_258744.jpg

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll be this year's Robert Plant for me aka big rock act I have no intention of seeing but will still inevitably end up seeing half their set walking past the Pyramid to get to something else.

Yes. That's exactly what they'll be like.

By which I mean, they'll be absolutely nothing like Plant and the Shifters. Plant was brilliant, hopefully Motorhead will be brilliant but they are so very, very different.

In all fairness...I know some will be wondering it. What are the chances they play Triple h's theme. It is an absolute belter tbf.

Not just 'The Game', which I agree is an amazing song, they should play the newer Triple H one which was 'King of Kings' & the Brilliant 'Line in the Sand' which was the theme tune to Evolution

Throw in a few classics like 'Overkill', 'Bomber', 'Breaking the Law', 'Hellraiser' and of course 'Ace of Spades, jobs a good un :music:

they were on the lineup rumour page as an ( r ) rumoured act. I had a feeling they might make an appearence as they are pretty close by that weekend playing the eden sessions down near me(cornwall) on the saturday of that weekend (which means itll definitly be friday or sunday for them btw saturday is out) I was slightly gutted id missed them at eden as I was at glasto.....no more! :)

Metal Mates who are going to Glastonbury were trying to annoy me that I would be missing them at Eden. But I was all calm and kept telling them I shall be seeing them at Glastonbury and they didnt belive - until last night :sarcastic:

Edited by cornish hick

i cant really believe i've never seen motorhead, but i will try and catch them at glastonbury, with lemmy's health issues, im not sure how much longer they will be a touring concern for, so chance to hear ace of spades, overkill etc etc

id prefer if they were in john peel to be honest, not sure they'd work on pyramid with that size of mixed audience.

Checking out one of their more recent gigs now on You Tube, 2010 Rock Am Ring, to see if they still have the old energy.

To be honest, given it's Glasto, I'd be surprised if they don't put on a helluva good show.

I'm sure they'll have a word or two with Metallica before the event.

Really looking forward to making a fool of myself at this, clashes permitting

You underestimate people......I heard the same rubbish about Metallica. Yet the crowd certainly seemed in fine voice, esp during memory remains etc.

Not all Glasto is made up of kids who wouldn't know rock n roll if it kicked them in the balls :P

Well, I knew every song Metallica played and I've never owned a Metallica album. I can't name one other Motorhead song apart from 'Ace of Spades'. Actually, I lie, they have a song called 'Motorhead' too right?

I'm not saying they're rubbish, but they're not Metallica. They're a band people have heard the name of without hearing any of their music.

Well, I knew every song Metallica played and I've never owned a Metallica album. I can't name one other Motorhead song apart from 'Ace of Spades'. Actually, I lie, they have a song called 'Motorhead' too right?

I'm not saying they're rubbish, but they're not Metallica. They're a band people have heard the name of without hearing any of their music.

That's definitely true to a large extent.

It'll still be great craic though, and that's the main thing

You underestimate people......I heard the same rubbish about Metallica. Yet the crowd certainly seemed in fine voice, esp during memory remains etc.

Not all Glasto is made up of kids who wouldn't know rock n roll if it kicked them in the balls :P

I'm a metal fan and can only name 4 max, Motorhead are a fans band. People who aren't fan's have very limited knowledge. Metallica are in a whole different league to Motorhead.

Very true. A lot of it is very samey too. But they're a proper rock and roll band.

This is the crux of it.

A lot of their stuff is very similar sounding and might kinda bore people after a while, but they are a bona fide rock act and a big booking.

If people are willing to let loose for an hour and jump about like a madman and enjoy themselves, then all's good