Secret Sets 2024!

Billy Shears

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I saw something on Twitter that there's a leak that a band called Mis-shapes are playing.

I think that's a pretty big hint that it's Pulp.

If it's true then it's got to be them. 

Big "if" though,  sounds a bit hokey as pseudonym, not exactly hard to work out. Also sounds like something someone on twitter might make up for a laugh. Did they seem legit?

There were a few things which made it's seem like they weren't playing this year such as the wording of the Amsterdam gig.

I would love them to be there. 

Yeahhh that seems a little too obvious, although what a d@b up it would be if it came true. Personally think they’re more likely than KOL if there is a Churnups type set, but I’m very much leaning towards that not being the case and a Kasabian in Woodsies is the ‘best’ we’re gonna get. 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I saw something on Twitter that there's a leak that a band called Mis-shapes are playing.

Think is info is inaccurate mate on account of Pulp being good so they would look a bit out of place with the rest of the line-up.

• Downvote 1

I mean... a band called Bar Italia are playing... but unfortunately they're real!

Was the leaked info this? It does say "fake" on it

3 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

For the record I think its KOL and I have not checked the artists are on the right day. As well as poorly formatted which I claim is to stop people nicking this and claiming it's real....

But if we allow ourselves to dream for a second. 

Screenshot_20240513-173052_Gmail.jpg

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, gfa said:

Agreed - KoL will be excellent.

There's no way KOL are headlining again unless something insane happens and they release a seriously good album. They are a fair bit under headliner nowadays, more of a strong sub - e.g. couldn't sell out APE as their only uk show a few years back (i think). Ala strokes etc.

Killers are many times bigger here - maybe they weren't a first choice but they were always big enough to do the fest again and will no doubt do it again in another 10-15 years.

Absolutely could headline. Still bigger than the Verve were when they headlined.

5 hours ago, Superscally said:

Absolutely could headline. Still bigger than the Verve were when they headlined.

The Verve headlined off the back of reformation hype, whereas KOL are just kind of… still there. They’re ‘big’ enough, but seems very unlikely they’d ever get booked to headline again at this point considering they’ve not been rebooked in the 16 years since they last played. 

10 hours ago, Simsy said:

Was the leaked info this? It does say "fake" on it

Lol I literally made this in paint as part of the joke that Pulp were playing.... apparently putting Fake on it was not helpful enough for some lol. 

13 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mis Shapes are the Pulp cover act

3 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

The Verve headlined off the back of reformation hype, whereas KOL are just kind of… still there. They’re ‘big’ enough, but seems very unlikely they’d ever get booked to headline again at this point considering they’ve not been rebooked in the 16 years since they last played. 

All depends on who is available and what they produce and yes, if they disappear and come back again. To say they can't headline again for a band of their size is wrong. Also, your point is correct but the reformation hype was NOT sizeable.

8 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Michael Eavis just emailed me this. 

He said don't tell anyone but you guys will keep the secret right. 

Screenshot_20240514-082534_Gmail.jpg

Little is spelt with 2 ts not one and only 1 l not 2

16 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Little is spelt with 2 ts not one and only 1 l not 2

Are you saying this is not legit..........

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd like to see the reaction of the Picnic Blanket Brigade to seeing a hip hop act like Little Simz on the Pyramid.

Saw her at Lattitude nothing can be worse than that crowd. They basically ignores her and had conversations. She was still absolutely brilliant but thanking the crowd ar the end I think was a courtesy she did not owe that lot. 

58 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Are you saying this is not legit..........

Saw her at Lattitude nothing can be worse than that crowd. They basically ignores her and had conversations. She was still absolutely brilliant but thanking the crowd ar the end I think was a courtesy she did not owe that lot. 

Yes 

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Michael Eavis just emailed me this. 

He said don't tell anyone but you guys will keep the secret right. 

Screenshot_20240514-082534_Gmail.jpg

I was sceptical when I saw Shakur's name but it says '100% REAL' at the bottom so by definition it must be real.

If there is one it surely can't be the Killers again, have recently done a secret set AND headlined. Would be pretty underwhelming.

I'd doubt Pulp for similar reasons - have also done a secret set before.