Overcrowding candidates/ acts booked too low

kemosabe

10 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Surprised no mentions yet but don’t go near glade for faithless 

7 hours ago, Traci said:

Maybe Glade is expanding this year or maybe they aren’t even playing Glade maybe Glade just retweeted it 🤞🏽

The Faithless account said they are the first live band to play Glade on Thursday. 

Which leads me to wonder how a Faithless live set would work these days? 🤷‍♂️

I don’t think it’s as easy to close off the Glade compared to Williams Green

Railway track and main route into Pennards from the East of the site will be cut off. Pretty much splitting the site in two. You will have to decide which side of the site you want to be on well before the start of that set. 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Wrong they take feedback from stewards 

Yet after example last year are still putting faithless on. Odd one really.  Thursday used to be a great day but it’s actually becoming one of the worst due to them not managing crowds correctly

49 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yet after example last year are still putting faithless on. Odd one really.  Thursday used to be a great day but it’s actually becoming one of the worst due to them not managing crowds correctly

Even a sister bliss dj set would swamp that area on a Thursday… odd choice really! 

3 hours ago, sisco said:

Yeah agree it’s really odd … I’ll have a word with my friend that stewards up there to make them aware ( if they aren’t already ) hopefully they reconsider 

It seems that i only got so easily into Skindred and ho99o9 at the truth stage thursday last year cos everyone else was stuck in the crowds at bloody Example ffs 😁 happy with that as a going plan this year, hang around the SE corner cos most people are flocking to the glade

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

It seems that i only got so easily into Skindred and ho99o9 at the truth stage thursday last year cos everyone else was stuck in the crowds at bloody Example ffs 😁 happy with that as a going plan this year, hang around the SE corner cos most people are flocking to the glade

I've been at the Truth Stage for the last 3 Thursday evenings and it's always been.....fine?

Bloody busy, obviously, but not carnage.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I've been at the Truth Stage for the last 3 Thursday evenings and it's always been.....fine?

Bloody busy, obviously, but not carnage.

Exactly my experience too. Maybe we shouldnt be telling people about it or it'll be uncontrollably rammed! 

56 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I did Example and then Skindred/Ho99o9/Alt Blk Era with Bimini on Greenpeace in-between all with ease.

Crowd crust is a real issue - there was so much space around the right side of the Glade when Example was on. Could maybe do with stewards directing people into the gaps.

Having said that, I think Faithless on Glade Thursday is a disaster waiting to happen. I'll be staying well away.

Edited by FakeEmpire

Bring back the silent discos, always used to be a decent draw on Thursdays and there being more than one location was a big help.  Having acts play on Thursdays was always an issue, I remember the carnage of Maximo Park in 2009, felt like the entire festival turned up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Still think The National, up against SZA could be busy. They’ll surely have a bigger crowd than QOTSA. 😅

I have the idea that IDLES might be relatively quiet, crowd-wize.

They'll be busy but I wouldn't think any busier than Pet Shop Boys were a few years back.

Posted (edited)

The Thursday crushes are so frustrating for newbies especially. I remember thinking this festival is shite when I'd been packed in trying to go to Williams Green etc. it leaves a lasting impression. 

I think every year that they must be aware of the problems, but they never seem to change anything. 

We know they monitor these pages, hopefully the ones we've identified early (Faithless, Barry Can't Swim etc ) will mean they consider sorting it in the next few months. I know that the bookers of the individual stages want to flex their muscles, but the top brass should step in and fix things. 

Edited by kemosabe