Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I feel like the most exciting artists are the ones with something to prove. SZA will be spending the next few months perfecting her set in a way that The Who (for example) never did/ would. This is her big shot, and she'll sink or swim. 

Success stories from that is Stormzy being the obvious example for me, but Pulp and AM previously.  

Not sure I'd put AM in that bracket - I found their 2007 set bitterly disappointing after Kasabian had smashed it and I was a massive fan at the time. Caught the end of Bjork on my way back to my tent and my 15 year old mind was blown, always regretted that one even if I didn't really know any of her songs at the time!

Edit: completely agree with the sentiment though

Edited by flyingmonkeypigs

For me, I think there's something on every stage which definitely was not the case last year. Possibly my personal favourite Glasto poster drop. Possibly. Without digging into anything new:

Acts I've never seen before and really want to see:

• SZA
  • Little Simz
  • Burna Boy
  • Sugababes
  • DBE
  • Sofia Kourtesis

Acts I've never seen and am keen to see:

• Confidence Man
  • Headie One
  • Michael Kiwanuka
  • Barry Can't Swim
  • Sampha
  • Ghetts
  • Shania

Acts I've never seen and would go to see but clashes:

• The National
  • Idles

Acts I've seen before and am desperate to see again:

• Dua Lipa
  • LCD Soundsystem
  • Jessie Ware
  • Peggy Gou

Acts I've seen before and want to see again

• Bloc Party
  • Bonobo
  • Nia Archives

Acts I've seen before, like but have to give up on account of assumed clashes:

• Justice
  • Jungle
  • London Grammar

That's a long ass list. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Nduja

27 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Not sure I get the hate for this line-up.

Feel like the worst type of Glastonbury is a top-heavy Glastonbury. Last year felt like that. This feels like a deep Glastonbury with a couple of gambles up top. There are a lot of bands across all stages I’d be very keen to watch.

Can’t stomach Coldplay playing AGAIN for the third time in my Glastonbury lifetime. But I get why they’re there.

Totally with you, this is an interesting lineup, thankfully no “old duffers” clogging up the Pyramid headline spots and we have Justice , Janellle, Orbital, Sleaford Mods and a few other cracking acts.

Best is yet to come, post midnight dance. 

If you're there then there'll always something going on elsewhere if the main stage is not for you but for the folks watching on the iplayer there's only four stages to watch. The acoustic stage should be on it too but won't be. Paradoxically this kind of lineup means you should be there in person.

30 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Some stats 

IMG_8014.png

There's just no need for them to be like that about Coldplay. Such a basic reaction, one I'm seeing from people in my circles too. 

I've just had a "there needs to be someone more legendary at the top"...from someone who came once in 2009 and didn't see any of the Pyramid headliners...

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

There's just no need for them to be like that about Coldplay. Such a basic reaction, one I'm seeing from people in my circles too. 

I've just had a "there needs to be someone more legendary at the top"...from someone who came once in 2009 and didn't see any of the Pyramid headliners...

I’m bored with that response tbh more interested in the other stats … sadly predictable though . 

Whilst I’d never hate on Glastonbury and it’s one of the few festivals that is more than just its music, there’s always plenty to do and see that poster massively eases the pain of not having tickets. For me it’s utterly Meh🤷‍♂️ if it’s a good poster for others then I’m happy for you. 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The response . The field will be packed . Those that don’t like can choose one of the other 100 stages . Pretty easy isn’t it ? 

As it always has been and always will be. No use moaning about acts that you won’t go to anyway while there is just a wide choice available all over the farm. 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The response . The field will be packed . Those that don’t like can choose one of the other 100 stages . Pretty easy isn’t it ? 

Indeed. My missus and her mates will be at Coldplay. 

But the festival isnt above criticism. 5 times in 17 festivals is a lot. Headlined 3 of the last 10 festivals?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, The Nal said:

Indeed. My missus and her mates will be at Coldplay. 

But the festival isnt above criticism. 5 times in 17 festivals is a lot. Headlined 3 of the last 10 festivals?

Pick the stats isn’t it . Opportunity to attend for many might be first festival . We are lucky to have been many times so that opportunity has been afforded to us on plenty of occasions . Will have a packed field singing along and that’s what makes the festival for me . Sure it’s not above criticism. But the fact there’s a massive amount of choice hasn’t changed 

Apologies if this has been answered or if I am being stupid but are the headliners on the poster for each stage in order of the days they will be playing? 

just the headliners, not worried about other acts at the mo, thanks 

1 minute ago, jonnytee1 said:

Apologies if this has been answered or if I am being stupid but are the headliners on the poster for each stage in order of the days they will be playing? 

just the headliners, not worried about other acts at the mo, thanks 

Yeah headliners look to be in order. 

When the lineup dropped earlier today my view was that it was good enough, not as exciting as last year, but there would be enough for me to see.

Put together a playlist (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5uEj7lV2oTja7OMw6CtJI3?si=c4d955d08ed5421d) with 3-4 songs from every act on the 5 stages on the poster (I think I got them all anyway) and in the matter I've 7 and a half hours I'm so much more excited than I was last year.

For my taste, the undercard of this festival is absolutely stacked.