Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

Just now, aj6658 said:

Do we think bands like Vampire Weekend appear in the final line up? 

Do we think there will be big names appearing ?

VW are a european exclusive - next year

Hmm this for me is just lacking a) a big US legendary act - a Ronnie Spector or a Burt Bacharach. b) a Proper bangerfest singalong of a slot c) Just one act I have never seen that would make the weekend for me - Pulp for example. 

There is lots here I really like but I have seen them before and they are playing odd stages and slots that may well not work.

Its a lineup that will rely on decent weather as well.

I can report back on Seventeen when the k-pop correspondent returns after school.

39 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

In all seriousness, does anyone really care about 2 female headliners? Feel like they're arguing a point that's already been made at this point. The diversity of the festival is top notch even last year with 0 female headliners.

The guardian newspaper does. If they don't have a female headliner their columnists have their articles about a diversity crisis ready to go to whip up a confected outrage. 

I find it patronising and an example of liberal tokenism personally. 

• Upvote 1

A lot of negativity surrounding the poster. I've just taken a look at the 2014, 2015, 2016 and even 2017 lineup posters. I don't think that there's any real difference in terms of the calibre of acts booked. Am I missing something?

I guess the main omission is a proper oldie.

Edited by Nduja

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

SZA could defo end up with a bigger crowd than Kendrick

Kendrick was against PSB and Bicep

SZA against National (hardly sunday night fun) and Justice

Justice is the only one I can imagine that will pump you up for the last night 

Guessing at the running order but if the poster follows the format of previous years (Fri/Sat/Sun, repeat) the the Sunday in particular looks poor - especially later on.  The site always starts to empty after the Legends slot but this year it could be a mass exodus.

Just now, 4AssedMonkey said:

Guessing at the running order but if the poster follows the format of previous years (Fri/Sat/Sun, repeat) the the Sunday in particular looks poor - especially later on.  The site always starts to empty after the Legends slot but this year it could be a mass exodus.

All part of the plan to avoid Monday morning traffic chaos. A masterstroke of joined up thinking.

1 hour ago, aj6658 said:

I think one thing to bring up is the ticket price this year is £360 and this line up is clearly divisive. I think SZA is not headliner material, she's not going to end the festival on a corker

How do you know?

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

For me, this is missing a big, young pop star in a lower slot like Billie or O Rod from years gone. That isn't always posssible tho i get it. Or maybe I'm just missing people.

I guess because we've got Miss Lipa in the big one?

I think that's only really been a thing in the past few editions but the landscape is always in flux.

9 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

What have IDLES got on you my man? They're placed too highly, sorry to break it to you

They're an incredible live band who've just released a really good album and they'll show up big time. Will be one of the sets of the weekend.

• Like 1

Solid enough lineup, plenty to see if I manage to get a ticket including headliners each night, but not much wow factor there. Felt a lot more gutted seeing last year’s lineup while being ticketless.

Disappointing not to see Pulp and thought Placebo might finally get the nod given their tour dates.   Idles vs Fontaines is a strange clash.

On Coldplay - they always put on an incredible show and I think its great that the festival have a massive act that loves playing there while swerving most, if not all, other festivals. 

Edited by Lubic

Just missing Imagine Dragons for the full set of acts that have played before a Liverpool CL final.

Fortunately, we are missing Imagine Dragons.

Edited by Nduja

10 minutes ago, Armourman said:

theres no way Idles are headlining the Other Stage on Friday night...wonder what other band is in UK that night and available?? 

image.png

Glasto aren't paying a million for a second stage headliner. More chance of PJ apologising for doubling their prices than that happening.

• Like 1