Coldplay

smogo

4 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

No, the t-shirts rarely look good. I always have a look, tiptoeing to see over the crowds of people buying them. I see the design and go 'meh' then I see the price and go 'no chance'.

Price wise they aren’t that bad compared to other shows, but the quality is quite poor

I’ve never been tempted by Glasto merch. I think it’s poorly designed, but mainly I don’t want to be engaged by muggles in the real world and have to humour them. I prefer the “fight club” approach.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I’ve never been tempted by Glasto merch. I think it’s poorly designed, but mainly I don’t want to be engaged by muggles in the real world and have to humour them. I prefer the “fight club” approach.

I've been wearing one of my many fleeces for the last three months and can't think of more than 2 strangers who recently mentioned it - one person who spotted one from the year he was born. The other an older fella who tapped me on the arm as he spotted manics amongst the bands and told me he inherited loads of their vinyl from his late son. 

I found both encounters pretty sweet. 

7 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Price wise they aren’t that bad compared to other shows, but the quality is quite poor

I've got some t shirts over twenty years old that have been worn tons still going strong, far more than any other branded or tour t shirt I bought. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, clarkete said:

I've been wearing one of my many fleeces for the last three months and can't think of more than 2 strangers who recently mentioned it - one person who spotted one from the year he was born. The other an older fella who tapped me on the arm as he spotted manics amongst the bands and told me he inherited loads of their vinyl from his late son. 

I found both encounters pretty sweet. 

Both those interactions sound fine.  However, outside my Glasto family, whenever it comes up that I regularly attend I get the usual banal "who's headlining" or "isn't it always muddy" bollocks.

The only exception was 2 young guys in the local pub who had never been able to get tickets and it blew their mind I'd been 10 times.  I got them into our ticket gang and last year, they went for the first time.  I'm now a legend and always get a free pint if they're in.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been reviewing the Coldplay setlists.

It seems the big finale of the rour set is not a song that will get the masses singing along, but something called Biutyful sung by a bunch of muppets called The Weirdos.

Will this be the biggest d@b down in the history of El Pointo - or will it in fact slap?

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Been reviewing the Coldplay setlists.

It seems the big finale of the rour set is not a song that will get the masses singing along, but something called Biutyful sung by a bunch of muppets called The Weirdos.

Will this be the biggest d@b down in the history of El Pointo - or will it in fact slap?

so theres going to be a bunch of weird things prancing around on stage then at the end coldplay will bring on some puppets as well?

25 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

so theres going to be a bunch of weird things prancing around on stage then at the end coldplay will bring on some puppets as well?

Michael singing my way was the best way to end the pyramid in 2016, very emotional 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Michael singing my way was the best way to end the pyramid in 2016, very emotional 

Also viola beach tribute …. They pick the Setlist very well in my opinion . Not sure the above will be part of it . Will see in 34 days 

Just now, uscore said:

do they still do the led wristband thing?

Saw them in Glasgow during their recent tour, yes they did the wristband thing but they were collected at the end for reuse .  I managed to get the 2016 Glastonbury wristband working at home, with a bit of rewiring.  Reckon they probably won’t do that this year but will have another light show planned. 

50 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Saw them in Glasgow during their recent tour, yes they did the wristband thing but they were collected at the end for reuse .  I managed to get the 2016 Glastonbury wristband working at home, with a bit of rewiring.  Reckon they probably won’t do that this year but will have another light show planned. 

There’s scaffold towers going up behind pyramid . that indicate this in some way … wish I’d done the triangle shapes on my hat now 

1 hour ago, WhoOdyssey said:

The Sun is reporting that a collaboration with Little Simz titled ‘Supernova’ is set to release next week, the lead single from

Coldplay’s new album.

Makes her sub slot make a little bit more sense then, although not sure how much I’m gonna vibe with a Coldplay-fitting Simz verse. Should be an interesting one, at least…

Don't know if anyone knows this, but when they did the wristband thing in 2016, who was it who gave out the wristbands? Did Glastonbury allocate more volunteer places to people specifically to hand them out? Because whoever handed them out weren't doing the job they would normally be doing if they were regular steward - there were quite a few to shift! Pretty cushty job though.

Edited by CharlotteB

20 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Don't know if anyone knows this, but when they did the wristband thing in 2016, who was it who gave out the wristbands? Did Glastonbury allocate more volunteer places to people specifically to hand them out? Because whoever handed them out weren't doing the job they would normally be doing if they were regular steward - there were quite a few to shift! Pretty cushty job though.

I remember picking them up at the Info points rather than anyone actually handing them out.

Edited by parsonjack

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I remember picking them up at the Info points rather than anyone actually handing them out.

they were also handed out at the entry to the field .... sadly I didnt get one despite attempts nowhere I asked seem to have them