Hospitality?

Ayrshire Chris

9 hours ago, Neil said:

A hospitality ticket will get you a hospitality wristband which is not a festival entrance wristband. Say that to your man who might say you also get something else.

(I just mentioned it so you don't get shafted.)

This is incorrect. A hospitality wristband gets you into the festival (and back out with a pass out, should you so wish) in the same way any other would. 

9 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Aye, other things end up taking precedence at various stages. We put our tickets back in the pot in the April the year we got married (too close to the wedding and it was getting stressful). Both went the year after. Following year our daughter arrived so I took a couple of years off. Came back when she was 2. My mother went ballistic! How dare I leave my wife and child to swan about in a field for a week! My wife piped up and says, leave him alone, he works non-stop and when he’s not working he’s looking after us, this is the only thing he does with his friends and they’ve always done it. I’ve no problem with it, so you shouldn’t either! I’m reminded regularly why I married her, but this was a humdinger. Funny thing is, it was the trigger for her and my mam getting really close (daughter close), even though they’d known each other for years before that.

hmmm!

My partner doesn't mind me going to festivals...she does day festivals and gigs just doesn't like camping so I do Glastonbury on my own/with my own mates.

*IF* we were to have a baby and the due date was very close to Glastonbury its now easier for me to dip out of the festival as I've been quite a few times now so wouldn't the total disaster it perhaps would have been 10 years ago, and its always there for the following year. 🙂 

Hospitality car parking is a separate ticket and they are even harder to get so if it does not come with one of those you have to buy normal parking. If you do get one then it is easy going through a side gate near Gate A and a 5 min walk to the separate camping but you can camp anywhere on site if you want.

Interstage is a waste of space - might save  a couple of minutes using it as  a shortcut.

You might meet interesting people in the camp site - we camped next to some of the Cure's crew.

9 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Aye, other things end up taking precedence at various stages. We put our tickets back in the pot in the April the year we got married (too close to the wedding and it was getting stressful). Both went the year after. Following year our daughter arrived so I took a couple of years off. Came back when she was 2. My mother went ballistic! How dare I leave my wife and child to swan about in a field for a week! My wife piped up and says, leave him alone, he works non-stop and when he’s not working he’s looking after us, this is the only thing he does with his friends and they’ve always done it. I’ve no problem with it, so you shouldn’t either! I’m reminded regularly why I married her, but this was a humdinger. Funny thing is, it was the trigger for her and my mam getting really close (daughter close), even though they’d known each other for years before that.

That’s a fantastic attitude for your wife to have. I have year-old twins and I think it’s important to do your own thing occasionally for both Mum and Dad.

Last year, being local I stayed Wed-Sun and popped home a few times (I was at Ashcombe Park so could leave and return whenever) but in2024 we’re moving closer to Worthy Farm (one town over from the local weekend tickets annoyingly!) so I’ll commute daily to sort the kids and have a decent bed/shower/food. 

11 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

*IF* we were to have a baby and the due date was very close to Glastonbury its now easier for me to dip out of the festival as I've been quite a few times now so wouldn't the total disaster it perhaps would have been 10 years ago, and its always there for the following year. 🙂 

The golden rule is no ‘celebrating’ 😉 this month for getting tickets for 2024 as you won’t be there in June!

8 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

That’s a fantastic attitude for your wife to have. I have year-old twins and I think it’s important to do your own thing occasionally for both Mum and Dad.

Last year, being local I stayed Wed-Sun and popped home a few times (I was at Ashcombe Park so could leave and return whenever) but in2024 we’re moving closer to Worthy Farm (one town over from the local weekend tickets annoyingly!) so I’ll commute daily to sort the kids and have a decent bed/shower/food. 

Ah she’s a legend! She has an open invite to come too, but prefers a nice relaxing spa weekend at this stage! Hard to get her to leave our daughter for more than a couple of nights anyway, I basically have to make her go, easier for us all to just go somewhere, but you’re right, you need to retain at least something of your former self. Kids are all consuming! Twins, even more so! Mate had two boys, decided to try again for a girl…got twin boys! He now comes to the festival for a kip! 

3 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Ah she’s a legend! She has an open invite to come too, but prefers a nice relaxing spa weekend at this stage! Hard to get her to leave our daughter for more than a couple of nights anyway, I basically have to make her go, easier for us all to just go somewhere, but you’re right, you need to retain at least something of your former self. Kids are all consuming! Twins, even more so! Mate had two boys, decided to try again for a girl…got twin boys! He now comes to the festival for a kip! 

Yeah, we try to make sure if I do an overnight, she does the same number etc - my wife is the same and the spa day will be my expense, but rightfully so!

Sod that, I’m done at two. We have twins both sides of the family so we’d probably end up with four! Eventually they’d take up most of my ticket buying slots!

Depends on the deal you get (whatever extras they bundle) as they're the things that make it eye-watering for most of us plus of course how affordable it is to you. 

Last time someone contacted me about one it was a five figure sum each, so quite a bit more than I'd comfortably run to.  Fortuitously in the next resale a lovely efester helped me get one at face value - you still have two bites of the cherry. 

Edited by clarkete

20 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There’s hospitality tickets available on Cornucopia Events for those expressing interest. I reckon you’ll change your mind when you see their prices. My own take, for that cost it’s definitely not good value. 

Aimed at a different market though aren't they.

If you're a celeb/sports star/person with lots of money then dropping £5k might not be too much bother, whereas to us that can be 2-3 months wages!

If a hospitality ticket is £700 that's basically the cost of a GA ticket plus a WV tent. You'll get some of the benefits of WV - showers and [nicer?] toilets plus some others you don't get at WV - campsite inside the fence and interstage access. The only thing different is that you have to carry your stuff and pitch your own tent. I'd say go for it.

12 hours ago, Neil said:

A hospitality ticket will get you a hospitality wristband which is not a festival entrance wristband. Say that to your man who might say you also get something else.

(I just mentioned it so you don't get shafted.)

At the entrance gates, we take the stubs from Hospitality and Performers (H & P tickets, no photo) and grant access to the festival but do not wristband the person.   They then go off to their relevant area for wristbanding. 

So, a hospitality ticket does get you first time access through the gates but they have to get a wristband before they can leave and return. 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

At the entrance gates, we take the stubs from Hospitality and Performers (H & P tickets, no photo) and grant access to the festival but do not wristband the person.   They then go off to their relevant area for wristbanding. 

So, a hospitality ticket does get you first time access through the gates but they have to get a wristband before they can leave and return. 

thanks for detailing the process, i raised it cos fake hospitality tickets have been the big scam in recent years.

40 minutes ago, Neil said:

thanks for detailing the process, i raised it cos fake hospitality tickets have been the big scam in recent years.

I think that's why people get sent to their own areas for validation now.

4 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There’s hospitality tickets available on Cornucopia Events for those expressing interest. I reckon you’ll change your mind when you see their prices. My own take, for that cost it’s definitely not good value. 

Cheaper the The Fixer quoted be a few months back, they wanted over 5K a ticket. Needless to say I did not take them up on their offer. 

16 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

God this made me chuckle. I went into the hospitality bar / area behind Woodsies last year with crew band literally straight after shift and in need of a thirst quencher. 

Weirdly no small amount of odd balls lolling around on bean bags giving off that slightly weird feeling and generating conversation that felt surreal.  Happy smiling people 

That would be the crew bar for Woodsies. Fox and Badger I think. Nothing to do with hospitality. A good chilled crew bar spent a while chilling on those beanbags

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

but the hospitality wristband is not an entrance wristband so he'll need something more.

The information from the festival is that you make your way to the hospitality ticket exchange in the hospitality car park adjacent to the wicket gate. Photo ID will be checked and ticket exchanged for a wristband that will allow access in and out of the festival site and hospitality areas. The photo ID, eg passport has to match the name on the ticket and is strictly non transferable. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The information from the festival is that you make your way to the hospitality ticket exchange in the hospitality car park adjacent to the wicket gate. Photo ID will be checked and ticket exchanged for a wristband that will allow access in and out of the festival site and hospitality areas. The photo ID, eg passport has to match the name on the ticket and is strictly non transferable. 

I walked past this on the Thursday afternoon (about 4pm) and there was a very long queue for the exchange! 

41 minutes ago, Neil said:

but the hospitality wristband is not an entrance wristband so he'll need something more.

It is now.  I think this has changed in the last few festivals though.