Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Really messes them up with headliner announcements having sale delayed … if the headliner talk becomes mainstream what do they do ? Stated on headliner thread Emily has said they won’t announce these before ticket sale but they might well have too 

It’s definitely going to mean there will be more people trying as a result of the supposed headliners being rumoured in the mainstream press. If you think about it, imagine there would have been a lot of people who wanted to see Madonna on her current tour, but couldn’t afford the extortionate ticket prices. Now people can get a whole Glastonbury ticket for less than the price of a lot of the seats for her current tour 

10 hours ago, tigger123 said:

It’s definitely going to mean there will be more people trying as a result of the supposed headliners being rumoured in the mainstream press. If you think about it, imagine there would have been a lot of people who wanted to see Madonna on her current tour, but couldn’t afford the extortionate ticket prices. Now people can get a whole Glastonbury ticket for less than the price of a lot of the seats for her current tour 

Not just the general entry tickets.  If she plays Sunday as rumoured it makes the locals Sunday tickets become extremely attractive. 

10 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Whilst I agree mostly it’ll put some off that aren’t keen on a poppy style headline lineup . It’s still a 5 day camping festival and that’s not for everyone 

18 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Whilst I agree mostly it’ll put some off that aren’t keen on a poppy style headline lineup . It’s still a 5 day camping festival and that’s not for everyone 

That’s true but it wouldn’t stop folk just buying a ticket and only appearing at the green gates on the Sunday. Imagine the bun fight for tickets if Swifty was rumoured. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s true but it wouldn’t stop folk just buying a ticket and only appearing at the green gates on the Sunday. Imagine the bun fight for tickets if Swifty was rumoured. 

Can see it a bit more with Swifty . Her fans are bonkers but I’d suggest Madonna ones not quite so much … and to get value then they be better off attending 5 days . Also you can get concert tickets for less than the price of the full festival ticket 

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yep, I was just about to suggest the same. Announce Madonna now and you open it up to people who'd just come for the day. Mind you, that would free up some camping space...🤔

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Can see it a bit more with Swifty . Her fans are bonkers but I’d suggest Madonna ones not quite so much … and to get value then they be better off attending 5 days . Also you can get concert tickets for less than the price of the full festival ticket 

The swifties would stay all 5 days because theyre going to literally camp in front of the pyramid the entire time and make their own queue to keep their spots.

On 11/2/2023 at 3:11 PM, Monty Pythagoras said:

It’s not like you didn’t have enough time to check you were registered, confirm your registration, re-register and then re-check that is it? What a joke.

Most normal people wouldn't check their registration after confirming it. They would have assumed it worked. There's been no messaging from the festival about "double check we didn't delete you by accident".

• Upvote 3

On 11/5/2023 at 9:38 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

We met some people (during the day) in 2011 who'd come just for U2....turned up Friday AM, and were leaving after U2 headline performance that night (stayed in a hotel iirc) - absolute waste of four tickets.

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

We met some people (during the day) in 2011 who'd come just for U2....turned up Friday AM, and were leaving after U2 headline performance that night (stayed in a hotel iirc) - absolute waste of four tickets.

Whilst I agree, with all the grumbling about overcrowding perhaps some more day trippers would allow us room to move on the Wednesday and Thursday 🙂

On 11/3/2023 at 10:01 AM, uscore said:

I think everyone would be a bit more accepting/understanding of the delay if See/Glastonbury just admitted there had been some kind of database failure,  rather than suggesting it's because some people hadn't met the deadline to confirm their registration was valid. 

It reads like a company really not wanting to admit liability to me. I'm not sure what they'd be liable for, but that's how it reads.

On 11/3/2023 at 10:47 AM, incident said:

I've personally helped a few people who were struggling in the lead up to the sale, and all of their issues could be boiled down to one of the above. Meanwhile, after we'd worked through all these issues and double checked everything, *nobody* in our exceptionally large group suffered an unexpected deletion. The group being large enough that this would be statistically unlikely if there was any kind of failure.

While it's unlikely, it's far from impossible, it's also possible it's not random deletions and there's some pattern to it in which case your group might sit out of it (if all your registrations were from a similar time period, for example).

On 11/3/2023 at 7:02 PM, incident said:

Yep. Amongst our 170+ group - we hand held people to make sure they stepped through the process *exactly*, with a shitload of work going into it. As a result, none of them got deleted.

Obviously it shouldn't have been that difficult. But still not a database error though I understand why people want to blame that.

When did you last check all 170? Many seem to have had their registrations show up until a few weeks ago and then vanish. 

36 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

When did you last check all 170? Many seem to have had their registrations show up until a few weeks ago and then vanish. 

Rechecking process is literally underway right now, as we're ultra paranoid.

No issues found amongst the first >50, though we'll keep going to the end.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

When you check now you get an e mail with the Glasto logo and with a green ‘valid registrations’ heading then the reg details.  Different from the confirmation last week.  
Always best to recheck. 😊😉

yes the email is completely different. The emails also used to come through instantly and this time there were a few minutes delay. Perhaps a backend upgrade to a new system/process (hopefully with a backup!)

I'll still be rechecking mine again before the registration window closes - just in case.......

Fortunately managed to swap shifts so I finish work at 5PM on the new coach ticket sale date (after much piss-taking from my colleagues - who don't understand the FOMO T-day invokes). 

Edited by Penrhos

5 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I was away last Sunday in Copenhagen so had ruled out coming due to the clash with ticket day.  Glad its moved but now I can't make my mind up if I want to drop over a grand on all this.  Decisions Decisions. 

Am I right in thinking it's been a while since you've been? Might be thinking from far back there! 

This is my first log in since July, so apologies if I'm covering old ground - I'm sure I am - but this really pissed me off. 

Out of 260 people I'm aware of across 2 syndicates, no-one had their reg deleted after going through the re-registration process. 

I can't help feel this has been done purely to appease the whining moaning contingent of people who can't follow simple f**king instructions.