Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

7 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

genuinely curious - why are people so upset about this? why does it matter when it's on sale?

people get worked up about such insignificant things.

Ticket day is stressful as it is. People work themselves up to. I ve spent the last few days organising different groups because people have come in last minute so the groups have to be reshuffled which is stressful. Then reminding people of time, checking registration details, plan of action if 1st, 2nd choices e.c.t are gone

Now for me, I can do the 16th and I can do the 19th. But it's my birthday on the 18th so everyone is gonna be hungover/ in hotels which limits their chances. 

The BBC news alert is gonna get people to think "why not, I'll give it a go" so our chances are diminished. I already had one person go can we reshuffle groups because so and so is gonna sort out his registration (this person just wasn't on it)

But you then have people who have taken time off or rescheduled. They have lost their chance now  

• Upvote 1

Just now, goonerben said:

Ok, we can debate forever who the message of "check your registration" was aimed at.

I checked in early October that mine were still there, despite doing what they asked in September (and receiving confirmation).  Not checking in October shows a level of trust in See Tickets that (evidently) was much higher than justified!  And plenty on here seem to have been doing the same - checking regularly, despite having had confirmation that their registration would be retained.

You, me and people on here are exceptions. The general glasto goer would have confirmed their registrations and thought job done until ticket day. 

I even rechecked mine and I’m not even buying a ticket as I’ve got a spot already 😂

• Like 1

Think people are using whether the reg check 'works' to mean 2 different things. Based on my experience, I can put my email address in and get an email that has my name, reg number & post code confirmed as registered.

BUT if I click the link to properly view & edit the registration, then it just goes to the ticket sale page with the info about this whole debacle. Given they've said registrations won't open up again until Monday this all seems to be as it should be to me.

However, if some people are saying they can actually edit their registration details at the moment, then colour me confused and a little concerned!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiZuff said:

i know of 2 people who said they had checked their emails and confirmed the reg but it had still been deleted. i assumed it was just BS and an excuse but im beginnign to wonder if somebody messed up somewhere...

Yep ... I know of 3 with the same story.

4 minutes ago, stuartasmith85 said:

I think this is the big one - there's presumably been a steady trickle of people realising something's gone wrong this week contacting Seetickets (this happened to one of my friends, who swears down he re-confirmed, obviously recognises he should have checked sooner, but I think Seetickets were trying to look into it), but I would guess far more people who may be affected wouldn't realise until they, or someone else in their group, tried to book tickets tonight and on Sunday.

At that point, when groups of 6 get denied and then miss out on tickets because one person's registration was incorrectly deleted, and people start shouting about it on social media, you can see the concern at Glasto's end that this was going to be a real nightmare. 

Obviously, not great to delay so last minute, but suspect the storm of that will die down much quicker than the alternative.

^^ exactly this. It’s the best bad option. Can’t see why people don’t understand that. 

4 SeeTickets Team members have joined the meeting.

SeeTickets Support:  "We've been inundated with calls from people saying they clicked on the link we sent them link but now their registration has disappeared"

SeeTickets IT Director:  "Yikes. We must have deleted a load of registrations even though people confirmed them."

SeeTickets Manager: "So how are we going to fix it?  The sale goes live this evening...."

SeeTickets IT Director:  "Don't worry we'll merge all the deletions back into the database.  It can't be that hard.  I'm sure we have a backup and all the transactions logs from the last few months"

SeeTickets Database Admin: "Oh f**k"

SeeTickets Database Admin has left the meeting

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, NotAnInsider said:

From the sound of it you were going to get 100s, if not 1000s, getting through to the booking page and finding they don't have a valid registration despite following the instructions back in August. Delaying getting in £10m of deposits by a few weeks isn't something the festival are going to do lightly. It's clearly a big issue on their end.

Interesting that some of the big booking groups are kicking off, saying they won't have the cash to pay 6 deposits towards the end of the month. It could change the dynamic somewhat.

How is that an issue? You've budgeted to spend £75 on a deposit. Just don't spend that £75 on something else.

5 minutes ago, henry bear said:

A lot of people work weekends, and it can be a right ball-ache getting time off at short notice

Yep. Maybe people wouldn’t be so mad if they hadn’t already pushed the sale back from the usual October weekend at relatively short notice. Having to hastily rearrange time off twice in quick succession isn’t ideal. Certainly a more valid reason to be frustrated than the nonsense about not having the money for it in two weeks time. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Think people are using whether the reg check 'works' to mean 2 different things. Based on my experience, I can put my email address in and get an email that has my name, reg number & post code confirmed as registered.

BUT if I click the link to properly view & edit the registration, then it just goes to the ticket sale page with the info about this whole debacle. Given they've said registrations won't open up again until Monday this all seems to be as it should be to me.

However, if some people are saying they can actually edit their registration details at the moment, then colour me confused and a little concerned!

Thank you - that is 100% what I am seeing too. I have been checking every other day to make sure my regs are still good, last couple of days those click through to edit links stopped resolving, I assumed because registrations were closed.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Nal said:

So the press release actually should've said:

Unfortunately, it has come to light that some individuals hoping to buy tickets for 2024 have discovered after Monday's registration deadline that they are no longer registered, despite believing they were....because we f**ked up.

Yes. "We apologise...", just doesn't quite cut it.

9 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

Mine were fine, been checking every few days.  Today, if get the email with all the reg's linked to that address, the click through links don't work though, nor does the reg check here : https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/registration/lookup

Have they disabled reg lookup?

Disabling the lookup is possibly what's caused confusion for a lot of people. It panicked me yesterday to the extent of contacting GFL. Who's reply was useless. I guess I'm still registered? That seemed to be the consensus on here anyway. 

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

image.thumb.png.549811a6b1d5b2722df30208cda9fc07.png

Lol. Stop it.

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

They should go back to selling tickets in person from independent record shops, left-field book shops and those Wicca shops on Glastonbury High Street. Make it difficult for the bloody influencers and the like

High street doesn’t really exist anymore. Although the partnership with Oxfam would help there. 

I might be wrong, but I'm not convinced most of these people had actually confirmed their registrations in the first place - it was an (arguably convoluted) several step process. You had to not only look up your email on the See Tickets checker, but also follow the link on the email received and confirm the details.  I suspect people were doing the lookup, getting the email confirming registrations against that email address, and thinking that was job done.

Add to that a bunch of people who only tried checking after the deadline, at which point the See checker had seemingly already been disabled.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

genuinely curious - why are people so upset about this? why does it matter when it's on sale?

people get worked up about such insignificant things.

Of course you’re right, in the grand scheme of things, 99% of what we discuss is vanishingly insignificant if you compare it to current world events, but the festival is obviously a big part of our lives so there’s no problem being so massively passionate about it all. The good and the bad. 

4 minutes ago, duke88 said:

How is that an issue? You've budgeted to spend £75 on a deposit. Just don't spend that £75 on something else.

It's fine if you are booking for yourself, but if you are part of a group it might be an issue. If you are trying to six people, you need £450 to cover all the deposits. If all six are trying you don't know who will get through first so all six need the full amount to cover the deposits. For a lot of people that's easier at the start of the month, before they've spend money on general life expenses, than toward the end.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, henry bear said:

They should go back to selling tickets in person from independent record shops, left-field book shops and those Wicca shops on Glastonbury High Street. Make it difficult for the bloody influencers and the like

Just send Michael a postal order, so much easier, worked in the past

IMG_0788.thumb.jpeg.80a249392de257efd57a2bacdf8b9bc1.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NotAnInsider said:

It's fine if you are booking for yourself, but if you are part of a group it might be an issue. If you are trying to six people, you need £450 to cover all the deposits. If all six are trying you don't know who will get through first so all six need the full amount to cover the deposits. For a lot of people that's easier at the start of the month, before they've spend money on general life expenses, than toward the end.

You can pay on a credit card though, you don't need to have all the money in your bank account.

38 minutes ago, The Nal said:

So the press release actually should've said:

Unfortunately, it has come to light that some individuals hoping to buy tickets for 2024 have discovered after Monday's registration deadline that they are no longer registered, despite believing they were....because we f**ked up.

But apparently Glastonbury can do no wrong and are completely blameless according to some on here

The fact is in their statement they've tried to blame customers for the sale being pushed back, rather than accepting blame themselves. It's shocking. And yet lots on here are giving them credit

• Like 1