All Points East 2024

stanh

1 hour ago, emmanuel said:

Maybe but they are a problematic booking, especially if the undercard has any interesting band. I wouldn't be able to buy a ticket if they are headliner, and would feel frustated that I can't see the undercard. I think a lot of people would contact the undercards and let me know they are not happy with them sharing a bill with Arcade Fire. I don't think a day event is easier than a weekend festival.

I don't think Arcade Fire are a good fit for APE anyway. Recent bookings suggest they are going for younger headliners in more diverse genre. On the other hand, Arcade Fire have become, both because of the Win Butler situation and lack of recent success, a sort of legacy rock band. I don't think they would book them, for the same reason they won't book Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, etc.

I'm not stating i think they should be booked. I don't think they should.

If they want to book them they will be fine getting an undercard together - all these other fests in mainland Europe and the USA have managed to.

You can say they aim for younger headliners but they just booked the Strokes - who have a fairly similar fanbase to AF.

33 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

The fact we’re all talking about Massive Attack, Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem and New Order really shows our age lol 😂

I think it’s very much the age demographic that the festival views as one of the key parts of its market though. The sponsors pay for their names and hospitality pavilions to be put in front of an audience they want to market to 

53 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Gunnersbury Park announced Pj Harvey and Big Thief. Cracking line up there. 

Never been to a show there - how does it compare to APE? 

The site is much smaller. Only has one stage. Worked well as a gig venue though - went to Boygenius this year and easy to reach from the tube (although exiting the site was painfully slow). Was sold out but didn't feel crushed.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mahoneypepe said:

The site is much smaller. Only has one stage. Worked well as a gig venue though - went to Boygenius this year and easy to reach from the tube (although exiting the site was painfully slow). Was sold out but didn't feel crushed.

Sounds like something I might enjoy. Might check out tickets. 

1 hour ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Not sure if this scuppers the Lcd to APE talk but they've just announced a show in Dublin (with Idles and young fathers) for June 26. 

Might make them less likely for an August gig, but maybe not if they've still got the French show booked in. 

seem to remember before LCD definitely flew back and forth during a summer so wouldn't read loads into it. 

I remember in 2022 The National interrupted their American tour to do APE and a Manchester show too

8 hours ago, more matey said:

LCD/IDLES/Young Fathers day? They are doing this on the 26th June in Ireland. All 3 have nothing in their schedules late August.

Fingers crossed. The very first APE day I saw LCD / Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Glass Animals / Young Fathers / Superorganism / Confidence Man and it's one of my favourite ever festival days.

Edited by FakeEmpire

32 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Fingers crossed. The very first APE day I saw LCD / Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Glass Animals / Young Fathers / Superorganism / Confidence Man and it's one of my favourite ever festival days.

Saw that day but saw nick Murphy N phoenix instead of yeah yeah yeahs

Yeah agree I'm not 100% sure on the size. Obviously a bigger deal stateside where they've done the tour and headlined at places like Riot Fest. I'm a big fan, so am probably biased, but figure with a well curated undercard they could do APE, but maybe Gunnersbury is more their size. Do AEG promote those shows too?