All Points East 2024

stanh

Just now, Mcbatesman said:

Still don't see them back there tbh even if they are the right size (still think they aren't)

Not sure what to say then - I don't think the shows they have been doing are significantly bigger than other APE headliners have really

APE maybe scared of booking them after the shitshow last time but they are a suitable size imo!

Have a feeling Nick Cave is gonna be out with a new Bad Seeds album next year. Might be too soon to be back and he might do a solo tour first, so maybe more likely 2025. Feel like The XX are in the same boat, probably a Jamie XX album next year and then they’ll be back 2025 (and probably a decent booking if they have toured in like 7 years).

Could see London Grammar releasing new stuff and returning next year. Feel like even though their last album went number 1 it wasn’t super successful? So probably a coheadline again.

Feel like Loyle Carner is a future headliner. He’s been ever present recently but reckon his next album will bump him up to headliner for 2025.

Is weird to already be talking about 2025, but kind of scratching my head for next years headliners.

Edit: Just to throw some names out…Would like to see Bjork back. The Smile and Beck would also be good return bookings. Glass Animals seems likely (but boring). Would Blondie be an apt booking for APE? Would like to see Blood Orange show up.

Edited by Jonathan Jonathan

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

I reckon Loyle Carner is there already, he is very popular in London

Certainly bigger than some of this years headliners

Reason I suggest 2025 is simply because I feel like his tour is coming to natural conclusion soon and it’ll be when he releases a new album.

Could also see him doing his own festival of some sorts in South London alternatively.

2 hours ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Reason I suggest 2025 is simply because I feel like his tour is coming to natural conclusion soon and it’ll be when he releases a new album.

Could also see him doing his own festival of some sorts in South London alternatively.

Gunnersbury could be a shout but yeah your probably right about tour concluding - the RAH show seems like a fitting end

Think this year's lineup was a good indication that they're totally fine booking B list headliners now and then balancing it with a couple of "bigger" ones that sell tickets. It's probably a decent business model given they can't secure big names all the time – I went to Jungle which was one of the smaller ones and I'm sure plenty were on cheap or freebie tickets but they do a roaring trade at the bar and food.

It also opens it up to bands that may not normally get to headline festivals, so I think it's pretty nice for the festival landscape as a whole.

Someone like Loyle Carner is a good shout, I think.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Think this year's lineup was a good indication that they're totally fine booking B list headliners now and then balancing it with a couple of "bigger" ones that sell tickets. It's probably a decent business model given they can't secure big names all the time – I went to Jungle which was one of the smaller ones and I'm sure plenty were on cheap or freebie tickets but they do a roaring trade at the bar and food.

It also opens it up to bands that may not normally get to headline festivals, so I think it's pretty nice for the festival landscape as a whole.

Someone like Loyle Carner is a good shout, I think.

Agreed. Correct me if I’m wrong but the old format was one larger ‘festival’ weekend then smaller headline shows? (Wikipedia implies so, even if the festival never explicitly stated so from what I can find). Feel like they’re continuing that format but in a less rigid way - some smaller days mixed with some bigger days

15 hours ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Agreed. Correct me if I’m wrong but the old format was one larger ‘festival’ weekend then smaller headline shows? (Wikipedia implies so, even if the festival never explicitly stated so from what I can find). Feel like they’re continuing that format but in a less rigid way - some smaller days mixed with some bigger days

The first weekend was meant to be more cohesive but not particularly bigger. The National, Nick Cave and Mumford played it - although there were of course some smaller days. All 6 were much bigger than say Dermot of Jungle though (BMTH at the time more similar maybe)

On 9/15/2023 at 9:52 AM, mynameismatt said:

Wonder if Lorde will be back with a new album by the time it comes around? 

The new songs at Boardmasters weren't from an album apparently and wiped her Instagram — she says nothing imminent but by next summer maybe? 

With a good undercard, think a Lorde day would be great.

• 1 month later...

I'd like a Noah Kahan day. Sold out two nights at OVO and is only increasing in popularity especially with Olivia Rodrigo doing his song in Live Lounge. Think you could have a fun undercard day there. 

Mumford and Sons made a few appearances at festivals again this year didn't they, could see them in with a shout.

Maisie Peters maybe? Are Wet Leg big enough now if they release a new album in the first half of the year? 

Sam Fender perhaps too as he has a new record confirmed. 

26 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I'd like a Noah Kahan day. Sold out two nights at OVO and is only increasing in popularity especially with Olivia Rodrigo doing his song in Live Lounge. Think you could have a fun undercard day there. 

Mumford and Sons made a few appearances at festivals again this year didn't they, could see them in with a shout.

Maisie Peters maybe? Are Wet Leg big enough now if they release a new album in the first half of the year? 

Sam Fender perhaps too as he has a new record confirmed. 

Never heard of Noah Kahan

Maisie Peters is nowhere near big enough - think Wet Leg are a very big push at the moment

Sam Fender might be looking bigger - he'd sell it out straight away so probably charges too much anyway

37 minutes ago, gfa said:

Never heard of Noah Kahan

Maisie Peters is nowhere near big enough - think Wet Leg are a very big push at the moment

Sam Fender might be looking bigger - he'd sell it out straight away so probably charges too much anyway

19m monthly listeners, probably be nominated for some Grammys, 25k shifted for London and a few other mid sized arenas. If Dermot Kennedy can headline I don't see why he couldn't 

It is interesting though struggling to think of nailed on people for it. Wolf Alice are working on a new album but probably more of a 2025 chance 

On 10/24/2023 at 10:51 AM, DarthSaul said:

My guess is a Gunnersbury show. Something a little bit smaller than he can sell out to keep the hype up, all his previous london dates have flown. 

I'd expect he wants to move to something bigger now to be honest.

Defo not south facing anyway - that bowl is only 5k i think

33 minutes ago, gfa said:

I'd expect he wants to move to something bigger now to be honest.

Defo not south facing anyway - that bowl is only 5k i think

He's got 4 other outdoor headline shows announced next summer already though. APE or Finsbury both around 40k capacity, Gunnersbury is 20k ish. Lots to sell! 

On 10/27/2023 at 11:31 AM, DarthSaul said:

He's got 4 other outdoor headline shows announced next summer already though. APE or Finsbury both around 40k capacity, Gunnersbury is 20k ish. Lots to sell! 

Gunnersbury maybe does sound about right then 🙂

Mind you he's 100% bigger than some of this year's APE headliners (Jungle looking at you)

Edited by gfa

• 2 weeks later...