Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, incident said:

This year specifically, because we've been told that the person is female.

But yeah could do far worse. I think maybe though he doesn't get mentioned as much as others as there's something of a feeling that the person in the legend slot should be someone who really wouldn't work nearly as well anywhere else on the bill - whereas there's quite a few places Sting could viably play.

Also, other than Tom Jones, aren’t they all first timers?

On 12/14/2023 at 5:38 PM, GrumpyRaver said:

Ah, yes… of course. But I think it is a factor, the uniqueness

I don't  think its uniqueness, i think its acts who don't otherwise have an obvious place on the bill, tom jones definitely wasn't cool back then so a specially created slot seemed fine.

5 hours ago, MK1 said:

Perhaps already been mentioned here but the sisters Wilson of Heart are playing some festivals in Europe....

they're not an act i'd expect glastonbury to be particularly  interested in(cos i don't think there'd be much uk interest), but might book them if they fit with something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

Bryan Adams has added a June 13th date to his UK tour. 

i wouldn't read too much into that. lots of years adams has shows in Bristol around the Glastonbury dates, and he's never played.

17 hours ago, The Nal said:

Time for a girls nite out!

Tyler still has the pipes. 100k at this. People grinding their unwashed holes on the chair and blanket brigade. Pasty white blokes wearing flat top wigs. Incredible scenes.

An absolute slammer for sure, matched by the disturbingly accurate description of the crowd reaction. Inexplicably, Spotify doesn't currently have this classic listed. No doubt, after her stellar performance in the legend slot, they'll correct that oversight. Instead, please enjoy "Good Things Take Time", a surefire set peaker. 

Nal That's What I Call Legend 2024 playlist updated. 

Not sure if its a repeat, but Rylan on Radio 2 just asked Cher if she's playing the legend slot to which she replied 'I want too' before he went on about marching down to Worthy farm to sort it out for her. Or something along those lines.

Means absolutely bugger all but was nice to hear Glastonbury mentioned on the radio. 

On 12/13/2023 at 11:36 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

Might be making a fool of myself here and missing an obvious joke but she’s got an absolute raft of massively mainstream songs:

• Believe
  • Shoop Shoop
  • Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves
  • Strong Enough
  • I Got You Babe
  • Walking in Memphis 
  • If I Could Turn Back Time
  • Dead Ringer for Love
  • Any ABBA song from the covers album she did

I prefer Walking in Man Piss by TBSOVD

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1