I’m gutted I missed….

4AssedMonkey

A few come to mind now after watching Iplayer footage of sets i missed

fred again - not huge fan before but looked like a real moment and royal blood were just ok imo

Maneskin/rina/CATQ - got stuck opposite side of pyramid stage to woodsies getting food seeing bits of lizzo and gnr

carly rae jepsen - saw pale waves instead

Qotsa/phoenix/war on drugs - clashes with elton

On 6/30/2023 at 5:00 PM, anditmakesmesmile said:

Did anyone see Kenny Beats? That was my big regret. 

Yes, caught him, was v impressive - cut and mixed countless dance and hip hop tracks, many being familiar Glastonbury favourites. Chems. Basement Jaxx, Fred Again, Kelis. He was well up for it, just arrived off a long haul flight. Enjoyable hour between Slowdive and The War on Drugs.

On 7/1/2023 at 11:42 PM, BlueDaze said:

I thought (per your previous post) you were working..? Swapping EJ for Maneskin.?

True.  Due to finish at 22:00 on Sunday but we were let off a little early.  I started walking towards the Pyramid area, but it was jammers everywhere.  I eventually managed to cross along the very upper edge and tried to go and see Rickie Lee Jones.  There were very few people there and poor Rickie Lee was completely drowned out by the sound coming from the Pyramid.  Friends stayed for a while, but apparently at some point she said she would play one more song and call it a day, as she couldn't hear herself.  I feel that something like the Sawdoctors might have worked a little better in that Sunday slot opposite Elton.

I went back towards the Pyramid and listened from far away.  If I had headed straight for QOTSA instead I probably would have had a better time...

Missed Thundercat for TWOD who can confirm were fantastic.

Can anyone tell me how Thundercat was? don't think he's on iplayer and haven't heard of a single person who saw him. Starting to wonder if it even happened. 

On 6/29/2023 at 6:39 PM, sunnyshoes said:

I haven't watched any of the BBC footage yet so sure I'll have some further regrets when I do. Currently regret FBS instead of Loyle Carner. I was in 2 minds and should have gone with my gut. 

Despite all the gushing reviews I don't regret dancing along to Rudimental rather than EJ. 

Wowza

41 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Pretenders for me as well. I couldnt have hacked the walk so am at peace with it but would have loved it on a nearer stage! Woodsies for example would have been amazing.

I know what you mean, but having been fortunate enough to be there, it was a set that really suited the park. 

Great crowd and atmosphere and they sounded so good, plus get the oldies on a lovely stage in the sun 😊

2 hours ago, 1986 said:

Missed Thundercat for TWOD who can confirm were fantastic.

Can anyone tell me how Thundercat was? don't think he's on iplayer and haven't heard of a single person who saw him. Starting to wonder if it even happened. 

We walked away from Thundercat after 2 songs. 

Went with a open mind not knowing what to expect and without knowing anything other than his mainstream stuff. I guess that was normal for their live set but not for us.

Was like something out of Starwars, but on speed, and acid. Completely mental. 

Also they turned it right up which normally I love but just sounded distorted.

Sparse crowd but the people that were into it were loving it.

War on drugs felt very calm and soothing after. 😄

Annoyed that I didn’t leave early enough to get into the tent for Rick Astley and Blossoms. Trying to wrangle your group from the tent to something you’re quite keen on but they aren’t bothered I’d one of the biggest pains.

bit gutted I missed Fred Again too as wanted to check that out. 

16 hours ago, Watergirl said:

True.  Due to finish at 22:00 on Sunday but we were let off a little early.  I started walking towards the Pyramid area, but it was jammers everywhere.  I eventually managed to cross along the very upper edge and tried to go and see Rickie Lee Jones.  There were very few people there and poor Rickie Lee was completely drowned out by the sound coming from the Pyramid.  Friends stayed for a while, but apparently at some point she said she would play one more song and call it a day, as she couldn't hear herself.  I feel that something like the Sawdoctors might have worked a little better in that Sunday slot opposite Elton.

I went back towards the Pyramid and listened from far away.  If I had headed straight for QOTSA instead I probably would have had a better time...

I decided to watch Gilbert O'Sullivan just before Elton John, and it started out with a couple of hundred, but as it got past 8:30, the numbers dwindled a lot.  Whilst there was no noise to fight against, I did feel for him, as it was quite sparse in the Acoustic.  

Gilbert was very professional and put on an excellent show, and was very well received by all of us that stayed until the end. 

Somebody please put me out of my misery?  Is it a false memory, a very clear dream or did it actually happen? Did three or four hot air balloons hover over the site for half an hour one day at the festival? I sort of remember seeing them very clearly but the place I remember seeing them from (near San Remo), I was only there in passing for about ten or fifteen minutes. It’s doing my head in!

Just now, Blisterpack said:

Somebody please put me out of my misery?  Is it a false memory, a very clear dream or did it actually happen? Did three or four hot air balloons hover over the site for half an hour one day at the festival? I sort of remember seeing them very clearly but the place I remember seeing them from (near San Remo), I was only there in passing for about ten or fifteen minutes. It’s doing my head in!

Some floated over early on Friday morning. Then again on Saturday evening and I think one was shaped like a grenade iirc

58 minutes ago, Planyt said:

Trying to wrangle your group from the tent to something you’re quite keen on but they aren’t bothered I’d one of the biggest pains.

The only way to manage this is just to say a time and a plan, and you work towards it. If nobody else wants to go, or needs chivvying along, then thats their lookout - youve organised a workable plan and if you have to go on your own, so be it. Sets when youre on your own are great, no worrying about getting lost/if theyre enjoying it/if theyre missing out, just you and the act you really want to see! 

17 minutes ago, Dejalves said:

Some floated over early on Friday morning. Then again on Saturday evening and I think one was shaped like a grenade iirc

Not just me that remembers this then, that's good,

In relation to the thread. A few of us followed through with out plan to watch the start of Fred Again then leave. I deeply regret that decision. Think we saw about 20 minutes. Wish I had stayed, can't even remember where I went!

47 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Sets when youre on your own are great, no worrying about getting lost/if theyre enjoying it/if theyre missing out, just you and the act you really want to see!

Yeah I do agree, I went to watch The Murder Capital on my own but I wanted to dance and be silly to The Smiths and I’m definitely not comfortable in myself enough to dance on my one haha. 

42 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Not just me that remembers this then, that's good,

In relation to the thread. A few of us followed through with out plan to watch the start of Fred Again then leave. I deeply regret that decision. Think we saw about 20 minutes. Wish I had stayed, can't even remember where I went!

Yes I can. To meet my mates and get a good spot for Arctic Monkeys. A tragically bad decision.