Best / Worst Food

FuzzyDunlop

Best - Bayou BBQ Surf and Turf in west holts. So good I had it twice.

Worst - Chunky chips and cheese from somewhere on the strip of vendors between pyramid and San Remo.  Dry cheese which didn’t melt.. bland chips. 

Edited by Pipine

There was a place called just South Indian Street Food which was amazing. Really nice pizza at the edge of the Healing fields, can't remember the name. Lebanese Mezze in the Park was also very good. 

I didn't have anything bad really, but the burrito from the stall at the back of the Other Stage was underwhelming. The smoothie at the fruit stand was a bit lumpy but I was in no state to complain and just needed the vitamins. 

If I was being picky, I’d say the blackened shrimp at Bayou wasn’t particularly black, more like supermarket prawns! Still, that Surf n Turf was my favourite of the weekend.

Honourable mentions for Tibetan scran, Jerk place at Other/SH and Annie Mae’s. 

Best - either the halloumi curry from Mini Moon (?) at Glastonbury on Sea, or jerk from PK Spices somewhere south of William's Green.

Worst was a stall in Silver Hayes selling fake jerk - just fried chicken with a bottled sauce that tasted entirely unlike jerk. Rubbish.

In the I-never-thought-I'd-like-it category: Poutine! The absolute antidote to dry cheesy chips.

Another vote for Bayou, their surf and turf was excellent, fast moving queue, really nicely cooked chicken, top chips. Couldn't fault it.

Also had Calimari & Chips a couple of times from by the Taphouse bar which was really good.

Only duff food was a Lobster Roll from the Lobster place on the Pyramid > Other walk, overpriced and naff.

Also ended up having ridiculous meals for breakfast because there was never a queue and they were all delicious. This included a pizza, a chicken katsu curry, calamari and a goan fish curry. zero regrets.

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Best - Paellaria near Other Stage or Duck Wrap place a few doors down. Staples of my festival every year.

Worse - Chicken Flatbread near BBC Introducing. 3 little chicken goujons and enough carrot to fill the rabbit hole.

Actually feel like I’ve gone a disservice to the Burrito I had to the left of West Holts too. Adding that to the good list.

Not a bad meal all weekend, got to be happy with that. Even when I just needed to get something solid in me on Friday morning I struck lucky with a burrito from the vegan taco place in Leftfield; that's normally the moment when you end up with something absolutely dreadful.

Best for me was entirely down to being the right thing at the right time, the hash brown breakfast box from Tea & Toast in the Park.  Proper chunky homemade hash browns with just the right amount of grease, beans that had been cooked down so they were nice and thick, and a good sprinkling of grated cheddar. Solid example of something really basic done really well.

And obviously the Crumble Shack. Gooseberry crumble, toasted nut topping, custard. Amazing.

Best - Poutine, actually better than a lot of poutine Ive had in Canada.

Worst - Fried chicken place near the Other. £14 for 3 small bits of bland chicken and chips. Rip off.

Gutted I missed this Cajun chicken place everyone is raving about. And never got a chance to try the BBQ Brisket place. Their huge smoker thing looked so good.

Edited by Harry3

Best: Leons Lebanese Veggie platter (Saturdays only apparently). £15 but everything was amazing. I might go as far as saying it's the best veggie thing I've had eating out in years. 

Worst: A falafel wrap from that cafe in the camping behind woodsies but to be fair even that was serviceable. 

Special shout out to the £6 pasty, chips and beans deal. That provided a few quick meals.

Best - Crumble shack of course...

Worst - The toastie place on the last stretch before gate C. Think it mentioned flat iron in the name or something. Hovis bread and Bookers cheap cheese slices... Really? 

Had a bad Mac and Cheese experience last year, which after hearing friends rave about the Mac at Glastonbury kind of put me off Mac and Cheese. But this year I found Annie Mae's... And I'm in love. (No idea how I missed 'all' of their stalls last year, think we just went to the first stall we found between san remo and Pyramid, and it was shite, so never bothered again.) 

This is gunna sound odd to some...

Crumble Shack for the first time. I wasnt that impressed tbh. It was ok, but had better, the crumble was a bit hard. I did go at about 11.30 at night mind.

Need to add Dosa to my honourable mention list. That really hit the spot on Saturday afternoon.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Crumble Shack for the first time. I wasnt that impressed tbh. It was ok, but had better crumble was a bit hard. I did go at about 11.30 at night mind.

Which crumble did you choose? I normally just have classic or chocolate and never had any that's too dry. Mind you, they are cooking the stuff all day, so maybe a bad batch? Or a quiet spell before? 

Just now, Alvoram said:

Which crumble did you choose? I normally just have classic or chocolate and never had any that's too dry. Mind you, they are cooking the stuff all day, so maybe a bad batch? Or a quiet spell before? 

Rhubarb with the Chocolate crumble. 

If I get a ticket next year, Ill try it again.

23 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Best - Paellaria near Other Stage or Duck Wrap place a few doors down. Staples of my festival every year.

Worse - Chicken Flatbread near BBC Introducing. 3 little chicken goujons and enough carrot to fill the rabbit hole.

I agree with that flatbread place. Nearby though is my "Best" the Thai place. Great Pad Thai enjoyed from their for the last 2 years now. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Crumble Shack for the first time. I wasnt that impressed tbh. It was ok, but had better, the crumble was a bit hard. I did go at about 11.30 at night mind.

Need to add Dosa to my honourable mention list. That really hit the spot on Saturday afternoon.

I'm with you on the Crumble Shack, my crumble topping was not good at all!

Best - An Indonesian, between Woodsies and Silver Hayes

Worst - everything I had was tasty, but the Crumble Shack was probably the worst