Self confirms 2024

Chrisp1986

I don't know if you can count this as a self confirm yet, but I certainly take it as one.

Just watched a Q&A that Frank Turner did on Instagram live yesterday, and he was asked about Glastonbury. Big grin and a wink, and he said "Who knows?!"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

I don't know if you can count this as a self confirm yet, but I certainly take it as one.

Just watched a Q&A that Frank Turner did on Instagram live yesterday, and he was asked about Glastonbury. Big grin and a wink, and he said "Who knows?!"

sure does sound like it - Headline Avalon again? or maybe acoustic

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

Avalon Saturday night please 🤞

Leftfield would be cool too, though how early would you need to be there...  The new album is heavy, so the Acoustic is probably out of the question, though it would be a nice big tent.

57 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

That would be fantastic, last time in Avalon was great. Friday night headliner please!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ortiz34 said:

That would be fantastic, last time in Avalon was great. Friday night headliner please!

Friday headliner would work best for me, I don’t have one yet 👍

2 hours ago, Mr Boo said:

Friday headliner would work best for me, I don’t have one yet 👍

Same.  Frank & The Sleeping Souls are one of the hardest working live bands out there.  Always a great night.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Watergirl said:

The Glastonbury bit...

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Sounds like he might have got something in his eye and we're reading too much into the wink

3 hours ago, ourkid1984 said:

That's a self confirm if I've ever seen one. If he headlines any place it'll give me a difficult choice as I've already got my 3 headliners sorted.

If he’s there he could possibly pop up in a a couple of unannounced slots too. Strummerville would be a good bet.

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

If he’s there he could possibly pop up in a a couple of unannounced slots too. Strummerville would be a good bet.

has there ever been a headliner slot with a secret act, not that i can remember.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

has there ever been a headliner slot with a secret act, not that i can remember.

just remembered that the park stage  has had a few on sunday nights, i think.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

We were talking headline act with a secret slot.

He’s got form for it. Headlined Avalon in 2019, only announced slot, but played 5 times across the weekend.

IMG_8998.jpeg

IMG_8997.jpeg

Edited by John the Moth

2 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

He’s got form for it. Headlined Avalon in 2019, only announced slot, but played 5 times across the weekend.

IMG_8998.jpeg

IMG_8997.jpeg

think he's cosy with the promoters dave & laura farrow who run avalon (and also beautiful days festival). but i was just trying to remember if there'd ever been secret acts as stage headliners. - and then i remembered there had been at the park.

Edited by Neil

19 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

listening back to Gideon Coe last night, he confirmed Mdou Moctar.  The band website interestingly says Williams Green 30 June.

image.thumb.png.4f02d07e6db4408af80bfe5d01e68843.png

Imagine the excitement in this feed if it’s back! Although I can’t see it as someone would have said/known by now