C - Look, it's Brandon Flowers!

B - Who?

C - Brandon Flowers!!

B - Who???

C -Brandon Flowers, from The Killers!!!

B - The Killers?? Never heard of them.

Bloke then walks off never to return. 

Two that gave me a giggle as I had similar thoughts;

1 “It’s so much bigger than it looks on tele” - I remember my first glasto and having this thought!

2. “now it’s not blistering sun, it’s actually enjoyable being here” - it’s the best place in the world, but man that heat does me no good!

Not ‘overheard’ because they were on stage but absolutely creased at Grove on Greenpeace Thursday introducing their next song:

”Now this one’s for those pillars of society, the people holding everything together: the MILFs!!”

*crowd goes wild, launches into a banging song about wanting to be a MILF when they’re older*

21 year old standing next to me at the barrier for Cat Burns : “Glastonbury is so good. I love it because I know all the old bands and the new ones too. What’s the best thing you’ve ever seen here?”

my husband : “for me REM is hard to beat”

21 yo “sorry who? Never heard of them.”

Also overheard waiting for Elton some guy saying he’d heard Prince Harry was coming on for Candle in the Wind. He didn’t seem to be joking 😂

Some guy ended up pitching his tent next to ours at big ground on Saturday morning.

Turns out he’d gone out with his mates the night before, lost them, couldn’t remember where he’d camped and went out and bought another tent.

He pitched it with a little help from us, stayed in it for 2 hours before being baked out. He then slept outside saying he was thinking of “just going home”, before declaring; “he was off to an open air swimming pool in Pilton as it’s only £8 in an Uber” and off he went……never to be seen again. 

So he pitched a tent for 2 hours, paid for it and an Uber and then left. Crazy.

Girl just Infront of me at Cat Stevens, when the screens were showing footage of him in younger years.

Girl to friend on her left: Is that him when he was younger?

Friend on her left: *shrug*

Girl to friend on her right: Is that him when he was younger?

Friend on her left: Dunno

Girl: Well whoever it is, they're fit as f**k

I happened upon a band called Panda and the Moniums in a tent in the Green Fields. There was a guy at the back of the stage holding a Nike trainer next to a mic, no idea what he was doing with at. AFter one of the songs the guy playing double bass says 'can I get more shoe in the monitors?' I though it was hilarious, I was on shrooms though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

"Excuse me, where's the dance village?"

*Confused face*

Sadly my husband butted in and pointed her towards silver hayes before I could direct her to 2011.

Also, my husband during Kelis's megamix-style set: "Jive bunny's got a lot to answer for" 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When some bloke asked me where The Temple was at about 2:30 am and I was hammered and replied ‘I’m 99% sure there’s no venue at Glastonbury called the Tadpole!’. The look on his face 😂 my mate had to let me know he said the Temple and then I think gave him the wrong directions in my drunken haze! Sorry mate, whoever you were!

On 6/27/2023 at 6:53 PM, giantkatestacks said:

'I had to stop being friends with him cos he made a pass at my mum'

reminded me of this.....
'afro kinky', happy mondays.

Son, I'm 30 
I only went with your mother 'cause she's dirty 
And I don't have a decent bone in me 
What you get is just what you see yeah 

Particularly mashed punter asked me for a light. I lit my zippo lighter, and handed it to him. Having used it to light up, he proceeded to gaze at the flame with a look of complete bemusement. 

“How does it go out?”

I take the zippo, and close the lid.

”what are you, a wizard or something?”

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3