Overheard at Glastonbury 2023

deebeedoobee

no a funny but i overhead a couple talking excitedly about having met joe wicks. every time he tried to wrap up the convo and move onto something else she'd find something else to say about joe.

Towards the back at Elton, group of around 12 comes in around halfway through the set. Mix of ages. Youngish girl, probably around 14 or 15, sat on shoulders of a guy. Turns around and shouts to them all. 

'Did you know something? You know Elton is gay,right? Yeah, he's got a husband and everything!'

Naively funny and sweet.

We stay at a local pub on the Monday night, have for years.

The young chef brings out the menu. I ask what’s the chicken curry like? She replies, I wouldn’t have that if I were you! Later, on trying to come up with a vegetarian option, she comes out of the kitchen with a frozen thing, and asks us - Any idea what this is? 

I was in the toilet when someone entered the cubicle next door. I heard them quietly say 'oh god' then spin round, walk out and shout to their mate 'i need a cleaner one!' their mate (a woman) shouted you've got a dick, use it! He shouted back 'I just want to have a sit down wee at Glastonbury you c**t!' 

• Upvote 3

It wasn't at Glastonbury, and it wasn't this year, but on returning from Glasto last year, I played back Macca's set on telly and when Golden Slumbers came on my wife said "Why is he doing an Elbow cover?"

Had been married 26 years then but it nearly all came crashing down at that point

....Have been married 27 years now I am glad to say

13 hours ago, waltere said:

Bottom of the stone circle field Wednesday lunchtime: "Yeah, you need some casual racism occasionally, just to keep people on their toes"

Still my favourite, was chuckling for hours after you told me that one

Guy I think taking his mate round on his first time. Passes Greenpeace, tells him "So that's the rave tree, it's quality. Gets lit up at night and they've got a DJ booth in there". Slight pause. "It's not a real tree though".

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, waltere said:

Bottom of the stone circle field Wednesday lunchtime: "Yeah, you need some casual racism occasionally, just to keep people on their toes"

It's very possible this was the friend I was with, around the time they we're beginning the ceremony in the center if i remember correctly. Safe to say he was already a few drinks in 

15 hours ago, Neil said:

no a funny but i overhead a couple talking excitedly about having met joe wicks. every time he tried to wrap up the convo and move onto something else she'd find something else to say about joe.

Someone on my litterpicking team talked about nothing else but Joe Wicks all weekend. Obsessed! 

Overheard, near the food stalls at Williams Green, where loud music is playing at the Meeting Place Bar. A couple with a child about four in a trolley. 

Woman: Ugh! Simon! Put the ear defenders on her please!

Simon: Why? It’s not that loud?

Woman: No, I don’t want her hearing this song… 

The song?? Bill Wyman’s Si, Si, Je Suis Un Rockstar…