Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

7 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

I can see a headliner slot taken by a big pop/mainstream act such as dua lipa but placebo and paramore do not make that much sense to me in a festival that still books unwound death grips and swans 

Swans put on the best show of the year for me. But the death grips canceled their performance in madrid without the slightest consideration for the fans.

The São Paulo Primavea booker participated in a radio conversation yesterday. Yes, there was talk about Sonic Youth coming back, however, that didn't happen...

Another cover was about his personal interest, and he talked about Talking Heads. However, nothing more than rumors, never a single word from the band...

14 hours ago, joselito said:

Swans put on the best show of the year for me. But the death grips canceled their performance in madrid without the slightest consideration for the fans.

Sorry, I don’t get what you mean. We are not talking about how respectful a band is to their fans. We are talking about which type of profile does a band need to be booked by this festival. It surely has to do with the hype press-coverage a band gets (see maneskin, which I a agree were a totally non predictable and disappointing booking, but were not booked to headline). However, these names we are mentioning (Pearl Jam, green ray, placebo) would have never fit in any of the past editions or they would fit but not in current PS as headliners (they would not waste a precious headlining slot for some legacy-assured but with basically zero novelty factor such as smashing pumpkins) 

• Upvote 1

For now what are the possible headliners that we can get per musical style? 
Rap/Trap: Travis Scott? 

Pop: SZA? Lana del Rey?

Alternative/Rock: The Cure? Massive Attack? Pulp? PJ Harvey? The National? 

Spanish music: Bad Bunny? C. Tangana? Peso Pluma? Karol G? 

Electronic: no idea, maybe Jungle? 

Also is it too soon to have Dua Lipa back at the festival with the new album? 

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

For now what are the possible headliners that we can get per musical style? 
Rap/Trap: Travis Scott? 

Pop: SZA? Lana del Rey?

Alternative/Rock: The Cure? Massive Attack? Pulp? PJ Harvey? The National? 

Spanish music: Bad Bunny? C. Tangana? Peso Pluma? Karol G? 

Electronic: no idea, maybe Jungle? 

Also is it too soon to have Dua Lipa back at the festival with the new album? 

Justice look likely for that Electronic spot unless I've missed something that means they can't be there. They'd be my must see. Last time they were in town it blew my mind.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

That's fair. They could still be at sonar though as an exclusive instead of Primavera.

Much more likely if you ask me. Somehow Justice and Chemical Brothers never end up at PS (BCN), seems like the booking team isn't too fond of them.

Latitude just announced Duran Duran. I don't really feel they're PS material but could be something for Wednesday

50 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Much more likely if you ask me. Somehow Justice and Chemical Brothers never end up at PS (BCN), seems like the booking team isn't too fond of them.

Latitude just announced Duran Duran. I don't really feel they're PS material but could be something for Wednesday

I'm selfish when it comes to Chems coming from the UK but they play at the opening of an envelope over here, they're good the first time but find them so dull on repeat occasions.

I also think Justice might be bagged by Sonar, think they're more inclined to throw more money at a big electronic name given that's the focus of their festival. I can only imagine PS wanted Aphex this year and lost out to Sonar. 

53 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Had the same thought, but might genre wise be too close to last year

Then I read about Lauryn Hill playing here Miseducation album in full with The Roots as backing band plus a Fugees part incl all three.. but thats rather unlikely to happen, I guess

11 minutes ago, brosch said:

Had the same thought, but might genre wise be too close to last year

Then I read about Lauryn Hill playing here Miseducation album in full with The Roots as backing band plus a Fugees part incl all three.. but thats rather unlikely to happen, I guess

She's known for not showing up at her concerts or showing up late and not giving even half of the show. As much as I like her studio discography, I don't want someone like that at the festival and getting excited and then her not showing up.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

Justice played in 2006 and 2012. their popularity hasnt increased though, but I can still imagine them being on the poster. even without solid new material, their shows are amazing

• Like 1

Little roundup. All these are around very close to Primavera and I guess atleast 75% is nailed on.

The National, Pulp, PJ Harvey

Fontaines DC, Sleaford Mods, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Future Islands, Orbital, Mitski, Jane's Addiction, The Mountain Goats, Faye Webster, IceAge, Richard Hawley, The Paper Kites, Night Beats, Bdrrm, Amyl & The Sniffers, Bob Vylan, Waveform*

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JIMBO666 said:

Mountain Goats touring UK week before Primavera😉

Would love that

3 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Little roundup. All these are around very close to Primavera and I guess atleast 75% is nailed on.

Fontaines DC, Sleaford Mods, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Future Islands, Orbital, Mitski, Jane's Addiction, The Mountain Goats, Faye Webster, IceAge, Richard Hawley, The Paper Kites, Night Beats, Bdrrm, Amyl & The Sniffers, Bob Vylan, Waveform*

Looks great! Although I still feel The National would be too soon.

Edited by Quadrophobia

7 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Supposedly no Spanish dates for king gizz as per some comment on Reddit from band.