Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

Lana Del Ray, PJ Harvey, Jenny Lewis, Janelle Monae, Bjork, Jessica Pratt, Bob Mould, Deerhoof, Flying Lotus, U.S. Girls, Party Dozen, Chat Pile, Madlib, Arthur Verocai(??) - all acts that have either played before or that I can see happening.

Outside bets / wish list - Ween, The Feelies, Jonathan Richman, Faith No More (or Mr Bungle?), Max Richter, Danny Elfman, D'Angelo, The Roots, Tindersticks

Predictions: The Cure, Pulp, NIN, Travis Scott, SZA, Billie Eilish, Weezer, Moderat, Stevie Nicks?, Danny Brown, Freddie Gibbs, Squid, Grian Chatten (Fontaines D.C.), Shame, Floating Points, Doja Cat, Hot Chip, The Lemon Twigs

Wishlist: Radiohead (as always), Aphex Twin, The Chemical Brothers, RAGE, Denzel Curry, Sigur Ros, The Roots, Pixies, Vince Staples, Billy Woods, Yasiin Bey (Mos Def), Massive Attack, Portishead, The Avalanches, Wilco, Sault

Edited by UsernameHere

1 hour ago, UsernameHere said:

Predictions: The Cure, Pulp, NIN, Travis Scott, SZA, Billie Eilish, Weezer, Moderat, Stevie Nicks?, Danny Brown, Freddie Gibbs, Squid, Grian Chatten (Fontaines D.C.), Shame, Floating Points, Doja Cat, Hot Chip, The Lemon Twigs

Wishlist: Radiohead (as always), Aphex Twin, The Chemical Brothers, RAGE, Denzel Curry, Sigur Ros, The Roots, Pixies, Vince Staples, Billy Woods, Yasiin Bey (Mos Def), Massive Attack, Portishead, The Avalanches, Wilco, Sault

If your wishlist fest was announced, I'd be there with bells on. 

No more word of Sault since they made some noises about live shows, is there? Hopefully soon. I reckon we're more likely to get a London residency in a small to medium sized venue for 3-5 days rather than a full tour, at least at first, but hopefully they go all out and announce a full tour of their own shows this winter and then festivals next summer. 

Lana Del Rey, Nine Inch Nails, The Cure, Pulp, SZA, PJ Harvey, Janelle Monae, Chemical Brothers, Bjork, Sigur Ros…

Equal parts wish list and equal parts something I could see them realistically booking that would be ace. Really hoping they don’t continue down the lane EDM/chart-bait path of Calvin-like bookings. I think there’s a fine line with commercial pop kind of acts that they got just right with the 2022 edition and just went a little too far over with the Calvin booking this year.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Queens Of The Stone Age - Björk - Pulp - Sigur Ros - Yusuf/Cat Stevens- Anderson Paak

Moderat  - Devo - Haim - Brian Eno - King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Daughter - Beach Fossils - Wilco - Squid - Julien Baker - Brian Jonestown Massacre - Genesis Owusu - Osees - Fu Manchu - Sigrid - Skegss

2 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

If your wishlist fest was announced, I'd be there with bells on. 

No more word of Sault since they made some noises about live shows, is there? Hopefully soon. I reckon we're more likely to get a London residency in a small to medium sized venue for 3-5 days rather than a full tour, at least at first, but hopefully they go all out and announce a full tour of their own shows this winter and then festivals next summer. 

I think you're right. On the bright side I think they're an act PS will book as soon as they're available, so I'm sure we'll get them if they do actually tour.

I want to believe it’s portishead + my bloody valentine year. However, a radically different edition would be welcome (weird, surprising headliners >> tame impala and the national for the 7th time). 

Finally, I don’t want to be the one to say it loud…but is Frank Ocean really out, given the disaster he did with his live performer career? Would they be so crazy to book him (lower price now, maybe)? I mean, I would take the risk and immediately buy the tickets 

Edited by Whos3000_

Chemical Brothers are a great shout - big name, cross generational, and they always put on a great show.

Some albums that are 20 years old in 2024...

The Killers - Hot Fuss / Arcade Fire - Funeral / The Walkmen - Bows & Arrows / Franz Ferdinand - FF / TV on the Radio - Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes / Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News / Air - Talkie Walkie / Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans / Madvillain - Madvillainy (but obvs no MF Doom) / Mastodon - Leviathan / The Shins - Chutes too Narrow.

Other big stuff from Kanye, Greenday, Kings of Leon - but wouldn't seem right.

How is Morrissey viewed in Spain & Europe these days? You Are The Quarry is also 20.

The Killers are headliners at R&L along with Billie Eilish - for the added Live Nation angle.

Edited by Last_Exit
  • Upvote 1