Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

8 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Would almost guarantee it's not tour dates, they've never toured 

They teased a live show on their Instagram last year then went quiet, but the post is still up. I know a tour isn't super likely, but may be a small chance.

Most likely more new music, but I'll be keeping an eye out!

Saw Young Fathers (& Nadine Shah) on Saturday night and they further confirmed themselves as one of the best live acts around. Would be happy to have them back and on before something like Massive Attack or LCD.

Echo & the Bunnymen are about in the UK in March, that would seem a decent fit in the slots of the JaMC and the Wedding Present of recent editions.

Fontaines, Idles, the National, KG&tLW - all seem possible, even if a bit too soon; I guess it should have been 2021 to 2024 and not 2022 as it was in reality.

3 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

if Fontaines DC were there would they be considered headliners? what do you think?

Probably not, they only played mid afternoon Mordor in 2022 and haven't had a huge increase in profile since then. I could see them doing evening time on the Amazon/Ron Brugel stages though, that would be good.

1 hour ago, Last_Exit said:

Saw Young Fathers (& Nadine Shah) on Saturday night and they further confirmed themselves as one of the best live acts around. Would be happy to have them back and on before something like Massive Attack or LCD.

Echo & the Bunnymen are about in the UK in March, that would seem a decent fit in the slots of the JaMC and the Wedding Present of recent editions.

Fontaines, Idles, the National, KG&tLW - all seem possible, even if a bit too soon; I guess it should have been 2021 to 2024 and not 2022 as it was in reality.

incredible set wasnt it!

5 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Probably not, they only played mid afternoon Mordor in 2022 and haven't had a huge increase in profile since then. I could see them doing evening time on the Amazon/Ron Brugel stages though, that would be good.

Far too big for Ron Brugal. They drew a big crowd in Mordor considering the time of day. Amazon would probably be the smallest stage they could play unless they clash with a big headliner.

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Hawley is coming with Pulp (package deal).

Actually he was supporting them in Sheffield (also joined them on stage for a couple of songs), I'd agree with you.

Returning the conversation to Pulp, I was seeing them in Sheffield in one of the gigs in their home town and their live was great, they are quite in shape. It's true that now, after the first 'UK leg' of the tour last summer, there's less hype/excitement, but I guess they'll do another great show if they headline Primavera 😉

21 minutes ago, LMDS said:

Actually he was supporting them in Sheffield (also joined them on stage for a couple of songs), I'd agree with you.

Returning the conversation to Pulp, I was seeing them in Sheffield in one of the gigs in their home town and their live was great, they are quite in shape. It's true that now, after the first 'UK leg' of the tour last summer, there's less hype/excitement, but I guess they'll do another great show if they headline Primavera 😉

I know, I was also at that gig 😉

5 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Kali Uchis and PJ Harvey announced at Roskilde Festival, I would guess that both are in for Primavera.

Hopefully also Romy. 

I skipped her set in 2022 - Lifetime, her only single back then, didn’t impress me and Yeah Yeah Yeahs were playing during her set on the other side of venue, so it wasn’t even actually a clash to consider.

But her debut album took me completely by surprise, it’s one of my favourite albums of 2023 so far, so I really hope she’s back at Primavera next year.

On 10/29/2023 at 11:53 AM, Whos3000_ said:

What do we think of Dua Lipa? not at primavera this time because of glastonbury? I hope they won't book her again. At least in 2022 I could choose the weekend where PS did not waste all their money on her

W1 exclusive headliners: Beck, The National, Nick Cave, Pavement

W2 exclusive headliners: Dua Lipa, Lorde, Phoenix, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Megan Thee Stallion, Interpol (+ accidentally The Strokes)

Regardless of personal tastes, I really can't see how was the weekend 2 weaker in terms of size (or number) of headliners.