Discoveries from Lower Down the Line Up

CaledonianGonzo

1 minute ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Just listening to this and liking it. Are they playing this year? Can’t work out which stage. 

Woodsies - excellent band, they come off as really nice people and they have some absolutely terrific songs. Truly divisive in my group though so I’ll be there, but I think it’ll be just me plus one other!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

Seen WMC twice and will be making it a hat-trick at GF. 

Also saw Panick Shack last week and can highly recommend. Very fun.  

I'm liking Panic Shack too, but where are they playing? I can't work it out, been looking at posters for the last twenty mins, lol 

41 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'm liking Panic Shack too, but where are they playing? I can't work it out, been looking at posters for the last twenty mins, lol 

They'll be on Truth, I think. They are fantastic. Saw them at Shambala last year. I will be seeing them again! 

Ben

54 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Anyone know what slot/s The Lottery Winners are playing in? Noticed they’re on the Clashfinder for 5 on the Friday in Avalon, but I can’t get to the site until around 7 on Friday due to work! Would be gutted to miss them.

If you search the page it takes you to the 4 sets. Strummerville, rabbit hole, avalon, greenpeace. Saturday at  2300 rabbit hole for you or 17.00 at greenpeace on saturday too

Edited by moogster

If you want a great lively band to see, check out the Old Time Sailors.  There's about 18 of them and they play old shanties but in a really fun way, going in amongst the audience and dancing around.  Can't make it sound as good as it is but I've seen them a few times and everyone is up and dancing - I'm sure they'll pop up all over the place - they turned up unannounced at Bearded Theory at the weekend.  So far they're doing three sets on the Thursday - 0100-0300 at Rimski's Yard sounds tempting!

My girlfriend and I went to a Sofar Sounds 2 years ago and saw a lovely band called Prima Queen - we have followed them ever since and went to see them a couple of times over the past 18 months. They are brilliant live! 

was really excited to see them shortlisted for the emerging talent competition and they came second. They’ve also been getting quite a good airing on Radio 6 recently.

low and behold they are on the official lineup not once, not twice, not thrice, not even four times, BUT THEY HAVE BEEN GIVEN FIVE SETS!

They are playing Strummerville, The Hive, BBC Introducing, Croissant Neuf and The Rabbit Hole!

Definitely catch them if you can. But most of all id like to say a massive congratulations to their booking agent!

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 1:27 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Cam Cole is on. Small world stage on Thursday. Highly recommended for people who like blues-y rock. Saw him last year at Night & Day cafe in Manchester and he was brilliant. He's a 1 man band if people don't know of him

Second this.  Absolutely brilliant and mesmerising to watch perform.  Thanks for flagging this - I'd missed him on the line up!

On 5/25/2023 at 9:28 AM, BL1ND T1G3R said:

Lower down on West Holts on the Saturday, clash dependant, I’ll probably try and go see Beth Orton.  Not familiar with any of her newer stuff but I did like her first 3 albums.  

Her latest album is great.

I watched her at Bearded Theory last weekend she was great. Saw her in The Avalon last year.