Slowthai

mouserat

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Noted that Dizzee Rascal was found guilty of domestic abuse and hes still on festival line ups.

Scuzzy business really

While obviously not great and i'm not defending it - the trial isn't active and i think its likely deemed less serious

He was at Boardmasters 2021 a week after the trial and i was there, did not sit right. Ironic actually as we saw Slowthai instead. fucking hell

14 hours ago, balti-pie said:

That depends which club they play for, and whether that club have any morals 

I'm not uptodate on all the players and their allegations, all I can think of is Mason Greenwood got suspended, Gyfil Sigurrdson (not sexual assault tho), and Mendy. Which club was it? Arsenal? I'm gonna have to Google this now, thought it was like a league rule or something.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'm not uptodate on all the players and their allegations, all I can think of is Mason Greenwood got suspended, Gyfil Sigurrdson (not sexual assault tho), and Mendy. Which club was it? Arsenal? I'm gonna have to Google this now, thought it was like a league rule or something.

Man City

5 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Arsenal and Partey

Just now, StuwieG said:

Man City

I thought Man City dropped Mendy since like a year or so?

Just now, sisco said:

Arsenal and Partey

Oh shit! I thought he had been found not-guilty and that's why he was still playing? I just read he was still playing while he was on extended bail - WTF?! - but that was back in January and I can't find any other info on what happened after that. Is he still being investigated? He's played nearly every game this season.

We can’t realistically expect all musicians to be squeaky clean, and there’s a murky grey area in which lines of acceptability are drawn, but clearly what Slowthai has been charged with is off the scale. His career is fucked and any way back would only be via a ‘not guilty’ verdict months from now. Even then I suspect mud would stick

59 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I thought Man City dropped Mendy since like a year or so?

Oh shit! I thought he had been found not-guilty and that's why he was still playing? I just read he was still playing while he was on extended bail - WTF?! - but that was back in January and I can't find any other info on what happened after that. Is he still being investigated? He's played nearly every game this season.

Partey was found not guilty on a technicality and they couldn't press charges over here I believe. I may have that wrong but that is how I remember it.

2 hours ago, Slugy said:

Partey was found not guilty on a technicality and they couldn't press charges over here I believe. I may have that wrong but that is how I remember it.

On one charge. 3 others are still ongoing and have been for a while. 
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/23/premier-league-player-on-bail-amid-allegations-investigated-for-third-offence

On 5/16/2023 at 6:23 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Really hope that if there is justice to be had, the victim gets theirs. It's incredibly brave to take it this far.

I wonder what the Eavii will say about it all. There were question marks over Johnny Depp in 2017, and Emily Eavis brushed them off…

image.png.1374f1ed3e20c6f2622704c59c2ef00f.pngJD was also taken to court too... Or perhaps as the OP says, he'll just disappear off the poster.

He was never charged with assault or domestic abuse - both trials were defamation trials, the first one was in 2020, and was initiated by him.

28 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

He was never charged with assault or domestic abuse - both trials were defamation trials, the first one was in 2020, and was initiated by him.

I know, but they were both centred on whether or not he was a massive wife-beater, and, esp the one in the US, went into huge details on whether that was true or not. There was quite a backlash when he was announced at Cinemarmgeddon at the time.

On 5/16/2023 at 5:35 PM, Xeph1995 said:

Never liked him or his music, hope we have a better replacement. 

Thoughts with victims. 

Pretty much my thoughts. Always carried himself like he was a grade A c**t and proud of it. Ego way bigger than any shred of talent.  I’m actually not remotely surprised by the allegation. Wouldn’t say that about many in the business.

8 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

it could be the worse crime of playing as badly as spurs.

7 hours ago, henry bear said:

We can’t realistically expect all musicians to be squeaky clean, and there’s a murky grey area in which lines of acceptability are drawn, but clearly what Slowthai has been charged with is off the scale. His career is fucked and any way back would only be via a ‘not guilty’ verdict months from now. Even then I suspect mud would stick

It didn't with Craig Charles. It's shit on the victims, whichever side of the accusation they end up being on. Happy for Craig (assuming genuine incidence), but he had a few shit years. Even your friends and family would have a hard time ridding themselves of the notion.

35 minutes ago, Superscally said:

It didn't with Craig Charles. It's shit on the victims, whichever side of the accusation they end up being on. Happy for Craig (assuming genuine incidence), but he had a few shit years. Even your friends and family would have a hard time ridding themselves of the notion.

Cliff Richard hasn't been called up for the legends spot has he?

58 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Cliff Richard hasn't been called up for the legends spot has he?

Don't think for a second that's anything to do with any (false) allegations. He was never seriously suggested even before that, and rightly so.