Unpopular Opinions - Glasto Edition

Justcalledtosay

1. I like the flags too!! 😊

2. Massive trollies and bike trailers are not needed for children over 4 years old!! Stop wheeling your whole living room of toys and colouring books around 🤣 if your child needs a break, find a quiet tent or go back to your own... simple 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Upvote 1

1. it was better in the old days

2. Some of the regular acts that appear every year were better before they got too big to be special anymore

3. do we need yet another stage playing the same generic boring dancey crap.

4. they should have never let Channel 4 through the gate when they came knocking.

1 minute ago, -TLR- said:

1. it was better in the old days

An opinion only someone in their 40’s can have (such as myself). I think the people in their 20’s are enjoying it just fine. I think it’s just that I was better in the old days…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Too much bloody dance music. especially after midnight. 

Too many annoying people on drugs who cant handle it

Too many annoying drunk people who cant handle it (and the latter two take up too much of the medical services, for which they should be charged/tarred and feathered) 

8 minutes ago, t0paz said:

An opinion only someone in their 40’s can have (such as myself). I think the people in their 20’s are enjoying it just fine. I think it’s just that I was better in the old days…

yeah, I remember (just about anyway) my first few festivals - rushing around doing and seeing as much as I could and looking at the old people just chilling and thinking "why are you here, you're missing everything"

Now, as an old person, I see the 'yout' rushing around and think "chill out, you'll have more fun" 🙂

my U.O.:

people who call the SW corner the 'naughty corner' are dullards.

Edited by paulshane

1 minute ago, Supermerv said:

Why's this?

because before that, Glastonbury was a real festival - after that with each passing year it just became a TV show until we end up with the almost parody of a "festival" that we have today.

but i still love it tho.

19 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

1. People filming everything on their phones at the festival does my fucking head in.

2. Glastonbury on sea is a big waste of space

3. Silver Hayes is a big waste of space

Glastonbury on sea is pointless

the naughty corner isn't as naughty as it should  be and lost vaugueness was better

bring back two litre bottles of pear cider , 

Edited by shuttlep

4 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

Flags are fine. They make a good simple w*nker identifier

Flags are fine until you use one as a reference point when going for a piss and it bloody moves. Caught me out half cut a few times

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

1. People who're off their heads are annoying and get in the way

Depends, they can be, but then can be fun and lovely.

I'd ban flags at stages, okay for identifying your tent

I'd ban chairs at stages.

• Thanks 1

Just now, shuttlep said:

Glastonbury on sea is pointless

the naughty corner isn't as naughty as it should  be and lost vaugueness was better

Agree on Glastonbury on Sea

The "naughty corner" is hardly naughty at all

7 minutes ago, paulshane said:

yeah, I remember (just about anyway) my first few festivals - rushing around doing and seeing as much as I could and looking at the old people just chilling and thinking "why are you here, you're missing everything"

Now, as an old person, I see the 'yout' rushing around and think "chill out, you'll have more fun" 🙂

my U.O.:

people who call the SW corner the 'naughty corner' are dullards.

I feel called out! Although I'm not young.

I also like Flags. I'm also not that bothered by the chair crew at the pyramid (i promise I'm not one of them).

Gorillaz were brilliant in 2010.

This year's lineup is the worst line up since 2008 and made me question is it really worth the money for the first time in 15 years.

Edited by T-Mouse