Avalon 2023

stuie

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

This is a ridiculous debate, which to some extent illustrates how some folks have very "rose tinted specks" with regards to Glastonbury.

There are loads of Tories there.

Yup.  There are loads of tories everywhere - they don't really go round making a big deal out of it, mainly just turn up and vote, don't engage and don't worry about the damage being done.  You might notice them giving a tut as you're singing 'fuck the tories', they won't be having an epiphany and repenting.

6 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

This is a ridiculous debate, which to some extent illustrates how some folks have very "rose tinted specks" with regards to Glastonbury.

Wonder if they’ll like my new T-shirt? 
44B958EE-2D86-4AFE-936F-D09C6B136E10.thumb.jpeg.69bb744dc680277b7760a338deb7e492.jpeg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

This is one long weird take. I answered you when I said that Tory voters at glasto are likely behaving just like everyone else. They're normal people who happen to vote Tory. They're not causing any trouble.

Labour voters also keep their heads down? What's your definition of the idiom? Feel like you're using it in a way that's counter to its actual definition. Because that's obv not true.

I don't have the first clue who 99% of people I see at Glastonbury vote for, and the remaining 1% are when I'm at Leftfield. Unless there's a Corbyn rally on the Pyramid or something. And even then they might just be waiting for Run The Jewels.

That's how I'm defining "keeping your head down". 

is it possible to get back to Avalon please now ? this is a build up thread for people excited about Avalon lineup .... the politics thread has already been linked .... I posted earlier in  the discussion but didnt think it would be still part of chat a few days later 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

is it possible to get back to Avalon please now ? this is a build up thread for people excited about Avalon lineup .... the politics thread has already been linked .... I posted earlier in  the discussion but didnt think it would be still part of chat a few days later 

If a harsh segue is too much for some people, we can talk about the fact Xavier Rudd released an album in collaboration with the United Nations and that way we're covering both Avalon AND politics...

5 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Right Avalon .... who's everyone seeing ? im hobo jones , Mel C  and Jake Shears .  who's seeing any of them ? 

Beans (although there'll be opportunity to see him elsewhere I'm sure), Hobos (Friday afternoon tradition for many years now), Holy Moly, The Damned,  definitely JST (fantastic blues guitar...can't wait to see her again!). Also be interested to see Far From Saints. Looking forward to seeing who's going to be on at Avalon Cafe too 😄 

5 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Right Avalon .... who's everyone seeing ? im hobo jones , Mel C  and Jake Shears .  who's seeing any of them ? 

Possibly the Damned, depending on clashes. I've seen enough times already, so it's not crucial.

Beans, cable st collective,Hobo, Holy Moly, Freya Ridings, Elvana, Fanny Lumsden, Lottery Winners. Jamie Webster.  All interested in seeing! And I’ve still to ask Mrs c her opinion! 

and will be lucky if we manage to get to a couple of them once the full lineup is out and the inevitable clashes appear!

37 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

In 2019, from this video, it looks like people are bursting out of the tent for Elvana. Is Avalon really going to be able to hold that many people!?

That's a Thursday, isn't it? Put them up against other stuff and it will be a different story.

5 hours ago, Pear_Cider said:

Beans (although there'll be opportunity to see him elsewhere I'm sure), Hobos (Friday afternoon tradition for many years now), Holy Moly, The Damned,  definitely JST (fantastic blues guitar...can't wait to see her again!). Also be interested to see Far From Saints. Looking forward to seeing who's going to be on at Avalon Cafe too 😄 

I really liked the new cafe, I saw a couple of good acts there even first thing in the day (Ninotchka was one). I’ll definitely be back this year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Jake Shears, Laura Mvula, or Neville Staple; but I suspect clashes will keep me away from Avalon

I’ve got a lighter sat eve based on what’s rumoured where currently.  so a visit to Avalon is perfect and that also allows a short walk to the temple for me to try it before the hoardes descend when the headliners finish 

42 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Bring back The Wombles. One of my favourite sets ever. Was very un-PC for modern times though. Here's your stereotypical Chinese/French/Scottish/etc. caricature Womble.

The Wombles - Wikipedia

Unless I'm imagining it ME apologised for that booking.

Yea he did

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2011/jun/09/glastonbury-festival-wombles-eavis-booking

Edited by Skip997

23 hours ago, Skip997 said:

We camped next to a Tory MP's aide last year- had suspicions of the party they were aligned with and it was all confirmed when we followed them on Instagram when we got home.