Avalon 2023

stuie

On 4/19/2023 at 9:08 AM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

If you can't understand the principle idea of a wall, then God help us.

🤣 You can’t be serious? 

OK let’s hear your big gotcha about Corbyn.

Something along the lines that because Glasto has a wall it is fatuous to criticise ANY walls? Being at Glasto means you should accept all walls and cannot criticise them? 🤣

Silly old Corbyn criticising the futility and lack of humanity of Trump’s wall at a commercial festival that was forced by the local council to have a superfence against its will. Crazy of him really. Best chuckle about him with my mates. Ha ha ha. 🤣👍🏻

On 4/20/2023 at 4:45 PM, rgill3 said:

We camped next to a Tory MP's aide last year- had suspicions of the party they were aligned with and it was all confirmed when we followed them on Instagram when we got home.

Nobody sane would think there are no Tories. But as with their current election material none of them prepared to admit it in public. In Glasto or elsewhere. 

7 hours ago, JudgeGrumpy said:

🤣 You can’t be serious? 

OK let’s hear your big gotcha about Corbyn.

Something along the lines that because Glasto has a wall it is fatuous to criticise ANY walls? Being at Glasto means you should accept all walls and cannot criticise them? 🤣

Silly old Corbyn criticising the futility and lack of humanity of Trump’s wall at a commercial festival that was forced by the local council to have a superfence against its will. Crazy of him really. Best chuckle about him with my mates. Ha ha ha. 🤣👍🏻

Lolz. Welcome to reality.

I'm gonna keep the chat to Avalon artists now. 

Have fun on the farm if you managed to secure your photo ID ticket so you can pass one of the appointed legal entry points 👍🏻

On 4/20/2023 at 4:45 PM, rgill3 said:

We camped next to a Tory MP's aide last year- had suspicions of the party they were aligned with and it was all confirmed when we followed them on Instagram when we got home.

There will be many Tories keeping a low profile at the festival, desperate to shout Oooh wee Richie Sunak😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Lolz. Welcome to reality.

I'm gonna keep the chat to Avalon artists now. 

Have fun on the farm if you managed to secure your photo ID ticket so you can pass one of the appointed legal entry points 👍🏻

The only way to interpret you ‘I’m not going to talk about this anymore but before I stop here is a snide parting shot’ is that you support Trump’s wall. Or your logic circuits have melted.

‘Welcome to reality…’ [walls are sometimes necessary so Corbyn  was wrong and I was right to riducule him to my mates] 🤣

Edited by JudgeGrumpy

Back to the music !😊

Ive went through the Avalon line up looking at you tube content of acts I wasn’t aware of and reckon this is a very decent Avalon. Quite a few missing I had wanted such as Skinny Lister but plenty worth seeing. Wonder if Emily and Michael will pop up here having a song or two ? Joining Hobo on Jump  around would be nice😉

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

On 4/19/2023 at 12:50 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

Right Avalon .... who's everyone seeing ? im hobo jones , Mel C  and Jake Shears .  who's seeing any of them ? 

Were it not for clashes, then the above, plus Far From Saints, Elvana, Mica Paris, Vintage Trouble and Lottery Winners. Sadly I think at least half already seem to clash. Genuine headaches already!

Edited by 4AssedMonkey
Typo

I would REALLY like to see Mel C. Not just because I like spice girls but because I actually really rate her and love some of the other stuff she's done including MT stuff.

That's about it for Avalon...and I think even Mel C is going to clash with something else I might choose 🙈

• 2 weeks later...

Well Avalon have the new album number one band on their line up.

Lottery Winners beating Nines and Jessie Ware to the top spot!  Didn't see that one coming!

image.thumb.png.987dfa397c3f9359f2289ef972bdb4bd.png

Edited by Greenelk
  • Like 1

I think this might be one of the bands that need to move to a bigger stage to avoid a massive crush ( as Emily said could happen if bands become more popular!) they are amazing live and so deserve a bigger stage! 

21 minutes ago, sedra said:

I think this might be one of the bands that need to move to a bigger stage to avoid a massive crush ( as Emily said could happen if bands become more popular!) they are amazing live and so deserve a bigger stage! 

No chance.  It’ll be quieter than Jamie Webster

45 minutes ago, sedra said:

The situation arose with Wet Leg last year, the park was rammed and access caused problems. Emily reckoned they had been booked for the wrong stage but no one could predict how their popularity had grown over a short time. 

2 hours ago, sisco said:

No chance.  It’ll be quieter than Jamie Webster

Jamie Webster is a real misjudgement I think - he crossed over with Sam Fender last time on Leftfield but there is a huge scouse loyalty thing with him. Avalon is a bit crazy. If there's nothing to take people's attention it'll be extremely busy

Edited by efcfanwirral

10 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Jamie Webster is a real misjudgement I think - he crossed over with Sam Fender last time on Leftfield but there is a huge scouse loyalty thing with him. Avalon is a bit crazy. If there's nothing to take people's attention it'll be extremely busy

Think he’d have been better in Woodsies tbf

3 hours ago, sedra said:

I agree, they're a great live band but when they played a Glastonbury last time, there were barely a hundred people in the tent and the material they were touring then was far superior to the current album (in my opinion). It'll be busy as they have a loyal fan base but hardly anyone I know has heard of them and I've been banging on about them for 5+ years. I think Avalon is the right size for them at this stage of their career.

Edited by Boomtowner

I did a bit of a review of the thread above and checked each acts latest touring schedule:

Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs - Assumed Friday first on as usual?
Jamie Webster - Friday confirmed 3.40 Sisco
The Damned - Assumed Friday Headliner

Cable Street Collective - Saturday
Beans on Toast - Saturday
Gabriel Aplin - Saturday tweet
Fisherman's Friends - Saturday (according to their website but think we had conflicting info)
Jake Shears -  Saturday comfirmed 8pm Sisco
Mel C -  Saturday? Not sure if this was actually confirmed but definitely Friday
Vintage Trouble - Saturday confirmed on here

Hannah Williams and the Affimations - Sunday
Will Young - Sunday

Joanne Shaw Taylor - Friday or Saturday
Neville Staple - Saturday or Sunday
Xavier Rudd - Friday or Sunday

So we may have all of Saturday already potentially if the 2 maybes happen to be Saturday assuming the usual 9

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Ashl said:

I did a bit of a review of the thread above and checked each acts latest touring schedule:

Fisherman's Friends - Saturday (according to their website but think we had conflicting info)
Mel C -  Saturday? Not sure if this was actually confirmed but definitely Friday

Will Young - Sunday

So we may have all of Saturday already potentially if the 2 maybes happen to be Saturday assuming the usual 9

Also Lissie is playing Sunday and I’m 99% sure Neville Staple is Sunday evening too… oh and the lottery winners are Friday 

57 minutes ago, Ashl said:

Will Young - Sunday

Mel C says on her Twitter announcement she’s playing Sat night

• 3 weeks later...