Avalon 2023

stuie

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Really sad about that … think they pulled out of beautiful days … my 10year tradition of Avalon opener is gone . 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Really sad about that … think they pulled out of beautiful days … my 10year tradition of Avalon opener is gone . 

To the best of my knowledge they were never on the BD line-up.

I've been working on the program layout this week.

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

To the best of my knowledge they were never on the BD line-up.

I've been working on the program layout this week.

Thought I saw that in the thread might have got mixed up though @Skip997 just looked and they were originally down for big top 

Edited by Crazyfool01

16 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

There’s been a divide between Davey and the other two for some time so sadly this likely demise isn’t out of the blue. Time to move on. For a good number of my friends they became and still are personal friends with the band, having followed them since their earliest days. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There’s been a divide between Davey and the other two for some time so sadly this likely demise isn’t out of the blue. Time to move on. For a good number of my friends they became and still are personal friends with the band, having followed them since their earliest days. 

They were mentioning how long they had been together etc during their Avalon performance. Had a wee laugh with one of them at the front of the stage afterwards. Bit of a Glastonbury tradition for us they are.

Really kind of sad about this as have seen them virtually annualy at BD, Glasto, Bimble etc for pretty much all of that 20 years. They even played a little village pub festival down the road from here in Wilts a few years ago. End of an era if indeed it is code for an official split.

5 hours ago, Pinhead said:

They even played a little village pub festival down the road from here in Wilts a few years ago. 

The first Hobofest was held at the barge Inn at honey Street nr pewsey in Wiltshire. This was to celebrate the first 10 yrs and where the band concept was conceived on the way home from rtts. 

17 hours ago, spg said:

The first Hobofest was held at the barge Inn at honey Street nr pewsey in Wiltshire. This was to celebrate the first 10 yrs and where the band concept was conceived on the way home from rtts. 

That's really interesting as I've known the Barge Inn very well since 1991 with its crop circle connections, and they have their own campsite and venue attached.

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

That's really interesting as I've known the Barge Inn very well since 1991 with its crop circle connections, and they have their own campsite and venue attached.

Yep tis a great place. I lived about 15mins from it and had many a good night taking advantage of being able to crash over easily 😜

4 minutes ago, spg said:

Yep tis a great place. I lived about 15mins from it and had many a good night taking advantage of being able to crash over easily 😜

Very useful. I'm nearer Chippenham so not so easy, but guess I could camp if I organised myself. I see 'Junkyard Dogs' is playing there 19th Aug - presumably what's left of band...

21 hours ago, spg said:

I saw them in Exeter in 2009. Was that a Hobofest? I can't remember why I'd gone all the way from Manchester to see them play there, must be mad.

Seen them at Glastonbury at least 10 years, and earlier in 2008 at Bearded Theory & Beautiful Days.

3 hours ago, Pinhead said:

I see 'Junkyard Dogs' is playing there 19th Aug - presumably what's left of band...

Who knows? However when wino and miser play together under a different guise it's The Devil's Prefects or William and wife (?) as Luna Barge