Which Elton track are you looking forward to the most?

kalifire

22 hours ago, sime said:

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Tiny Dancer and Don't Go Breaking My Heart would all have me both smiling and tearing up in equal measure. I love those three songs. Really looking forward to Elton's set. 

Agreed on all of that.  Those 3 plus Rocketman would be just incredible.  Just had Don't Go Breaking My Heart blasting out in the kitchen and what a banger that is.  Sadly I have just been browsing Setlist.fm and am astonished to see he hardly ever plays it.  Here’s hoping Kiki makes a guest appearance and he wheels it out on the Pyramid. 🤞

• Like 1

Already replied here but an addendum:

Anything from the 2 Low 4 Zero album really.

I did an eight week apprenticeship at NSTC Gravesend in 1985. Sixteen 16-17 year olds, in eight bunk beds in a dorm/barracks type set up. Only one person had brought a tape player and they only had one cassette...

I'll bet everyone who was part of that set up ended up buying a copy.

I think we'll almost definitely get two tracks from it. Possibly three.

Haven't listened to it for years.

Tiny Dancer and Your Song will get the biggest reaction surely? 

Do people think he’ll bring Dua Lipa or any other guests on? If Jake Shears (ex Scissor Sisters frontman) is that the festival I can defs see them doing a duet at some point.

4 hours ago, Jackomanaco said:

Does he even have a bad song?

I'm not sure what would be on 'The Worst of Elton John' but despite the love they get here, I am no fan of Don't go Breaking My Heart, Crocodile Rock, Philadelphia Freedom or any of the Lion King tunes. A case can be made that there is very little released since about the mid 80s that is all that good, despite the sheer volume of material.

But that said, his cover of Johnny B Goode is truly terrible.

6 hours ago, DL50 said:

Tiny Dancer and Your Song will get the biggest reaction surely? 

Do people think he’ll bring Dua Lipa or any other guests on? If Jake Shears (ex Scissor Sisters frontman) is that the festival I can defs see them doing a duet at some point.

I can't see him bringing out Jake Shears for his final UK show. It will be higher class.

On 4/2/2023 at 9:21 AM, Jackomanaco said:

Does he even have a bad song?

👇👇👇

16 hours ago, RichieSpenno said:

I'd love to see Are You Ready For Love but he's not played it since 2014 so I'm not holding my breath.  

I am volunteering but if not working, and if there is no major clash, I'd certainly go and see Elton. I would never buy a ticket to see him specifically and don't know what his current setlist is like (won't look; nicer for it to be a surprise), but he has a fantastic catalogue and could probably play three hours of hits. Kind of hope I'll get to see him.