West holts lineup

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, p.pete said:

You've been told that what's a thing in America isn't actually reflective of the rest of the world before right?  The Chicks have fewer monthly listeners than Rudimental (which is pretty poor by WH standards) and seem to be inexplicably popular in Australia.  Possibly they played Muriel's second wedding?

image.png.20c26b931357c30af8ef0f7a1b4e1040.png

To be fair they are playing arenas in UK and Ireland but they haven't sold them out and that doesn't really translate to a packed pyramid field of fans either! 

8 minutes ago, Cleetus said:

I saw Candi Staton at Belladrum in 2010, so a while back. She was tremendous. 

At 83 Id imagine it will be more of a relaxed show. Not to be missed anyway. Hopefully the clashes are kind.

When throwing your hands up in the air doubles as a quick check for stroke symptoms.

42 minutes ago, stuie said:

To be fair they are playing arenas in UK and Ireland but they haven't sold them out and that doesn't really translate to a packed pyramid field of fans either! 

It doesn't, but they're still a Pyramid  act - and I'm not sure why anyone was expecting them on West Holts.

11 hours ago, Beaver89 said:

It seems the WH poster is listed Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Friday, Saturday Sunday repeat to finish. All confirmations and rumours have so far lined up with this theory and if you separate it out the order of acts looks very sensible. It would put The Hu on around legend time on Sunday based on last years clashfinder (which is annoying).

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 23.28.01.png

If this is the case then I'll be based in Holts most of Friday.  Bonus.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It doesn't, but they're still a Pyramid  act - and I'm not sure why anyone was expecting them on West Holts.

I don't see any reason why they couldn't play Other tbh. 

12 hours ago, Beaver89 said:

It seems the WH poster is listed Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Friday, Saturday Sunday repeat to finish. All confirmations and rumours have so far lined up with this theory and if you separate it out the order of acts looks very sensible. It would put The Hu on around legend time on Sunday based on last years clashfinder (which is annoying).

Looks like I'll have to dash between the HU and Cat Stevens then, I don't want to miss either.

ADG7 are a very visual and energetic show (WOMAD 2022), great to watch. Doubt many will rush out and listen to their music much.

Without any other clashes, I'd see 9 of these acts. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Beaver89 said:

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Looks like I'll have to dash between the HU and Cat Stevens then, I don't want to miss either.

ADG7 are a very visual and energetic show (WOMAD 2022), great to watch. Doubt many will rush out and listen to their music much.

Without any other clashes, I'd see 9 of these acts. 

Yes, thats my thoughts. We promised ourselves that this year there would be no more attempted dashes from one stage to another. It never usually works out, but might consider seeing part of a set before heading elsewhere. Clashes are inevitable but then we are used to that by now! Great to see line ups being revealed, excitement is building..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sime said:

Thank you for this! I've found it really useful and now have a whole load of acts I want to see on West Holts. In particular, The Hu, AK Dan Guang Chil, Ya Ya Bey, Kanda Bongo Man and Star Feminine Band. So yeah, thanks!

Aw, thanks for the thanks! 
you might have noticed that there isn’t anything there from Black Country New Road. They haven’t released anything since Isaac Wood left and they’ve said they won’t play any material from his time. There is stuff on YouTube 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

you might have noticed that there isn’t anything there from Black Country New Road. They haven’t released anything since Isaac Wood left and they’ve said they won’t play any material from his time. There is stuff on YouTube 

Haven't watched that set (Bush Hall) on YouTube but did catch them at Primavera and was quite underwhelmed tbh. Probably didn't help that no-one knew any of the new material.

Edited by TomViolence

3 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Haven't watched that set (Bush Hall) on YouTube but did catch them at Primavera and was quite underwhelmed tbh. Probably didn't help that no-one knew any of the new material.

That’s the problem with a festival. The BCNRers generally are quite obsessive. I was at the Bush Hall gig. Everyone seemed to know every word of every song. 

On 3/14/2023 at 4:59 PM, Neil said:

a little, third world is sort-of my booking, i've been saying to steve for ages that they're the only good older reggae act.

steve msg'd me this evening, said he'd been listening to me (suggested this booking, for that)

On 3/14/2023 at 4:59 PM, Neil said:

i wonder who is running the book for whether barrington levy will be allowed in the country, he's failed to turn up at loads of festivals cos they wouldn't let him in.

he also had confidence in Barrington turning up.

11 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There's no real reason, but I bet they still end up on El Pointo a la Carrie Underwood.

They will. Although it's worth noting that while I enjoyed Carrie Underwood - she had a very small crowd by Pyramid standards, against minimal competition other than hangovers, and I can't see The Chicks drawing any more than she managed.

6 hours ago, Alvoram said:

How certain are we on those headliner nights???

They're in alphabetical order on the poster, and the web page lists them in a rather suggestive, but different, order... 

464455514_Screenshot2023-03-15231106.jpg.bdbf2b686cf7fb2f6248a40e4e4aacfa.jpg

We had info a while back that Loyle Carner was gonna be doing Saturday, and the rest of the ordering of the poster along with what we know about the days certain acts are playing suggests that it’s in Fr, Sat, Sun order.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, stuie said:

And? Theres plenty of acts who play arenas in the uk and dont sell them out but get good slots at glasto and you never hear complaints. But apparently the one fucking country act has to be criticized.

Also, The Chicks have had high billing or headlined some big fests in the last year. Rudimental is doing that? 

you lot were dragging yourself over hot coals for Kacey to be on the Pyramid and then it all got thrown by the wayside. Now one of Kacey's biggest influences is supposed to be relegated to West Holts? Come the fuck on.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

What's happened there?

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

And? Theres plenty of acts who play arenas in the uk and dont sell them out but get good slots at glasto and you never hear complaints. But apparently the one fucking country act has to be criticized.

Also, The Chicks have had high billing or headlined some big fests in the last year. Rudimental is doing that? 

you lot were dragging yourself over hot coals for Kacey to be on the Pyramid and then it all got thrown by the wayside. Now one of Kacey's biggest influences is supposed to be relegated to West Holts? Come the fuck on.

I think someone needs his nap. Getting a bit cranky. He gets like this if he doesn't have his nap at the right time 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Oh sit down. 

• Upvote 1