Whats your absolute ESSENTIAL GADGET / NEW THING you'll be bringing?

Jacko45

Do Glasto sell cup holders when buying pints? Nothing worse in rounds and having to carry 4 pints through.

Also:

1: Anyone suggest a decent sleeping blanket? I've never festival camped in June so not sure what it's like.

2. Best backpack to carry beer throughout the day?

Edited by TGCarr

19 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

1: Anyone suggest a decent sleeping blanket? I've never festival camped in June so not sure what it's like.

Absolutely fecking freezing... unless you stay up until sunrise then it's absolutely fecking boiling.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 10:58 PM, PassingCloud said:

I like the look of this, I am pretty deaf so need to lip read - this looks like a good option that I could wear which wont dazzle my mates like a headtorch does! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 2:18 PM, stuie said:

Absolutely fecking freezing... unless you stay up until sunrise then it's absolutely fecking boiling.

+1 👆 exactly this. And wrap yourself in the blanket before getting in your sleeping bag. Ask a coffee stall to fill an aluminium water bottle with boiling water (make sure it’s in a thermal cover) before you hit the sack = hot water bottle for your sleeping bag, nice cool drinking water in morning (tip from trekking). 

On 4/22/2023 at 2:18 PM, stuie said:

I haven't stayed in a tent for about a decade, but found that staying up late and getting so drunk I sparked out I had no such issues.

• Upvote 1

I've been looking around for those hydration tablets, I can't remember if it was on this thread or another... They were some kind of sports science or other tablets that a few posters were raving about? Adding them to my festival hangover kit, but the ol' Google is flooded with different brands and diff levels of reputation for getting the job done.

Any help?

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

52 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I've been looking around for those hydration tablets, I can't remember if it was on this thread or another... They were some kind of sports science or other tablets that a few posters were raving about? Adding them to my festival hangover kit, but the ol' Google is flooded with different brands and diff levels of reputation for getting the job done.

Any help?

The brand you're thinking of is Berocca, but apart from providing you with the tiny amount of salt you're likely to need from sweating at a festival (and would get from your food anyway) all these things are just placebos - a big sugar tablet in a pint of water which you'll be convinced has cut through your hangover.  Scientists have been working on hangover cures for years and these things aren't it.  They're a fairly refreshing thing to be drinking in the morning though, so there's no harm in them.

19 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

The brand you're thinking of is Berocca, but apart from providing you with the tiny amount of salt you're likely to need from sweating at a festival (and would get from your food anyway) all these things are just placebos - a big sugar tablet in a pint of water which you'll be convinced has cut through your hangover.  Scientists have been working on hangover cures for years and these things aren't it.  They're a fairly refreshing thing to be drinking in the morning though, so there's no harm in them.

Think it was something other than Berocca. Think I found it. 

This - 

image.png.c588f6b1da246de8e1e88ce20fd8e27f.png

On 4/23/2023 at 11:12 PM, Leon_Anthony said:

Anyone have a recommendation on a compact camping stove? 

MSR. 

They do a tiny one (you can get similar cheapo ones on amazon)….

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15895132/msr-pocketrocket-2-ultralight-stove-15895132

Vango Compact Stove https://amzn.eu/d/6rfIrIW

Have got a different MSR (whisperlite) that’s lasted years  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Any help?

ORS. The SIS ones are pretty similar I think. 

Edited by PassingCloud

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Any help?

Ha! I've just be googling the very same product tonight and have added a few into my basket. We took tubes of ORS to the Shiiine On three dayer and tbh they definitely took the edge off. Next day functionality levels were higher. 

A few articles I read online comparing different electrolyte tabs etc had Liquid IV Hydration as their number 1 and it gets a good rating on Amazon