Whats your absolute ESSENTIAL GADGET / NEW THING you'll be bringing?

Jacko45

3 hours ago, stuie said:

A messy tent is harder to rob so I stand by my practice of throwing everything everywhere and not being able to find anything every morning 😂

I'm a throw everything everywhere but I tend to know exactly where everything is.

The lighter? Oh that's behind the programme, to the left of the white crew sock underneath Wednesdays green floral shirt. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

If you have an air pump with you for an air mattress, then you can also take the larger storage bags intended for use with vacuum cleaners. As well as compressing your clothes, they also provide an airtight container which prevents the overwhelming smell of damp, mud and sweat from your dirty laundry overwhelming your tent/car/bag.

On 3/7/2023 at 3:47 PM, BenG92 said:

My mrs. got her dad some warm gloves with LED lights on and they're sick, might bring a pair. 

Be able to feel your fingers AND see what you're doing while you roll one in the cold dark! 

After overindulging slightly one year I got hold of some individual LED lights, had them gripped between my fingers right at the base by the knuckles, and put on my diffraction glasses.  Spent the night bimbling around looking at my hands pretending I was shooting rainbows from them.

Fun times. Can recommend.

10 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I have on occasion thought I’ve been robbed only to find said stolen item much later in the festival … usually when packing away 

haha I've accidentally left my door open before and my friends thought my tent had been ransacked until I reassured them that everything was just as I left it 🙂 

8 hours ago, ceetee said:

Mine arrived yesterday, looks great - as all Passenger stuff is.

Yeah love their stuff, have to question how much they've ermmmm 'been inspired' by Patagonia haha.

But nevertheless it's really good quality at a fair price. 

19 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Yeah love their stuff, have to question how much they've ermmmm 'been inspired' by Patagonia haha.

But nevertheless it's really good quality at a fair price. 

Yes, I've a couple of their hoodies and really like them. 

9 hours ago, moogster said:

I have those plastic compression packing bags that you get the air off by rolling them. Less space, waterproof. Better than packing cubes IMO. 

I've never travelled without in the past 20 years, festival or other travels.

100% agree.  I've used them every year I've gone to Glastonbury and can't recommend them enough.  No longer do I need to wrestle with trying to stuff my sleeping bag in it's bag, nor worry about my clothes getting wet or damp at any point.

10 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

100% agree.  I've used them every year I've gone to Glastonbury and can't recommend them enough.  No longer do I need to wrestle with trying to stuff my sleeping bag in it's bag, nor worry about my clothes getting wet or damp at any point.

Any recommendations for these?  I bought a packing cube set years ago but rarely remember to use them as they don't do anything clever as being described - in fact they're designed to let air flow into, so they wouldn't ever allow you to squeeze air out / liable to let wet in.

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

Any recommendations for these?  I bought a packing cube set years ago but rarely remember to use them as they don't do anything clever as being described - in fact they're designed to let air flow into, so they wouldn't ever allow you to squeeze air out / liable to let wet in.

these are pretty good - even if you don't bring the pump with you, you can usually squeeze out most of the air and compress things to a manageable level

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2023 at 9:27 PM, Wherethewildthingsare said:

You can choose between waterproof or with netting so you can see what’s in them. Compression cubes (with double zips) are good to reduce space. The zips go on really cheap ones so false economy. I’ve got various different varieties as my daughter keeps pinching them. I have some like this (but not these) 

Deal: Cipway Compression Packing Cubes Set, Ultralight Expandable Travel Packing Organizers for Carry on Luggage (Grey 3pcs) https://amzn.eu/d/cAMyPwd

I just got a set of these delivered, they look just the job. Thanks for the link 😁

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 2:15 AM, Leyrulion said:

I'm a throw everything everywhere but I tend to know exactly where everything is.

The lighter? Oh that's behind the programme, to the left of the white crew sock underneath Wednesdays green floral shirt. 

Yeah, exactly. Who's got time to tidy everything away and do chores like organising a tent?

Just put on whatever's clean and get out and have some fun. 

On 3/7/2023 at 3:51 PM, Jacko45 said:

Quality isn't it! 

Not big or heavy either, using same gas as the stove in the van too. Pepperoni with red onion, peppers and mushrooms for me after a day on the lash. Very excited. 

Fantastic.. but I wouldn't trust me with a pot noodle, never mind a gas pizza oven after a few. 

Now the deadline payments window is over, I've started thinking about what happens if I actually get a ticket in the resale! Need some new kit and this thread is super helpful. Unfortunately, I can't take a pizza oven or a toastie iron on a plane, but I've already got a list on Amazon including a hydration bladder, a pool inflatable, collapsible bucket, and a new fold-up chair ready to be ordered if I'm successful.

In two minds about anything else because obv space is at a premium!

5 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Now the deadline payments window is over, I've started thinking about what happens if I actually get a ticket in the resale! Need some new kit and this thread is super helpful. Unfortunately, I can't take a pizza oven or a toastie iron on a plane, but I've already got a list on Amazon including a hydration bladder, a pool inflatable, collapsible bucket, and a new fold-up chair ready to be ordered if I'm successful.

In two minds about anything else because obv space is at a premium!

Tip I’ve always used with an international festival which might help is see if there an Amazon locker near to where your landing. Order anything large that you are happy to donate to a charity shop or something at the end and get it delivered to the locker the day before you arrive, no luggage on the plane and all your things ready in England. 

Edited by lander89

16 hours ago, lander89 said:

Tip I’ve always used with an international festival which might help is see if there an Amazon locker near to where your landing. Order anything large that you are happy to donate to a charity shop or something at the end and get it delivered to the locker the day before you arrive, no luggage on the plane and all your things ready in England. 

The Amazon lockers are a great idea.

On 3/13/2023 at 1:38 AM, MrZigster said:

Yeah? I'm confused now. Always thought bikes were OK. Now wondering if it was only crew I've seen on them.

Not sure about allowing electric bikes though. Just a bit "too easy". And potentially too fast.

I've touched on this subject before. Always had a bike all of the time as a kid. Loved biking. Now I have no room to really store one. The people you see with those three wheeler contraptions plus a trailer must live in mansions or have really big sheds or something.

_____

Great thread btw. I really need something new to sleep on. Every single fucking inflatable mattress type thing I've ever had has sprung a leak, been terribly shaped when inflated so you just roll off it, or both. I know good ones that don't have these problems exist. I've been with people that have them.

____

I'm still using the first sleeping bag I ever had. It's over forty years old. Still has a name tag sewn into it from when it was first bought for a cub scout thing when still at primary school. I did take a quilt once instead. Decided it was too bulky.

Me & Mrs 4am bought one of these 2 years ago:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15979404/berghaus-double-self-inflating-mat-15979404

Bit bulky but the best nights sleep ever. No roll together at all, very warm and comfy. As comfy as a proper mattress. No going back for us. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Me & Mrs 4am bought one of these 2 years ago:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15979404/berghaus-double-self-inflating-mat-15979404

Bit bulky but the best nights sleep ever. No roll together at all, very warm and comfy. As comfy as a proper mattress. No going back for us. 

To be fair, it’s nearly the price of a proper mattress! 

On 4/8/2023 at 6:49 PM, lander89 said:

Thanks for the tip! Never even considered something like this. How long would they hold stuff for me in the locker? Delivery times could vary for each item. Would they even pack each item in each locker? 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

To be fair, it’s nearly the price of a proper mattress! 

Didn’t pay full price. It was in a sale and Mrs 4am has a blue light discount card. Cost us just over £100.