Whats your absolute ESSENTIAL GADGET / NEW THING you'll be bringing?

Jacko45

3 hours ago, 2019 said:

For the first time, I'm going on Wednesday, which means my normal powerbar probably won't last the duration. I think need a solar thing, to recharge it.  Are there any recommendations?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/aukey-basix-plus-225w-pd-qc-300-20000mah-power-bank-black-ps1798-delivered-with-code-at-mymemory-4097632

Maybe a bit heavy if planning to carry around with you during the day but would certainly charge your phone a fair few times

Edited by dondo
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

You can only control them from your phone if they are connected to the internet, usually your home wifi for example! 

No they Bluetooth 👍🏼 tried them out, no WiFi needed...do have to be close enough though but at least they won't be on all evening while we're not there. Can change the colours and everything from my phone. Nifty 👍🏼

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mike86 said:

Assuming that's super light? Is it comfy? 

Where'd you buy it? 

They are very comfy. They are lower to the ground than a normal chair though if that's a consideration for anyone. Can get them all over. Every camping shop will probably sell a branded one and their own brand cheaper version and your Amazons and Ebays will have a million variations.

3 hours ago, dondo said:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/aukey-basix-plus-225w-pd-qc-300-20000mah-power-bank-black-ps1798-delivered-with-code-at-mymemory-4097632

Maybe a bit heavy if planning to carry around with you during the day but would certainly charge your phone a fair few times

Cheers! Just ordered one as I was looking for a decent power bank to take!

I will be taking something more comfortable to sleep on this year. Usually camp on camping mats, but it seems I’m too old to manage on those now 🤣 any good camp beds/camping mattresses send them my way!

Edited by Missrenegade

6 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

This is my favourite for the last few festivals caveat being - I don't use them near stages etc and just get in the way. But they're a god send for the legs between acts/eating/relaxing etc. They're that light I just used a carabiner and hung it from my belt at Latitude. 

71i7ZUyvIqS._AC_SX679_.jpg

Tip for if it's muddy...

20220624_173225.thumb.jpg.d6cb10f94b39543c96cdd63ad736c6c8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dondo said:

Thanks, that's pretty much what I have now as my current powerbar, which is great tool. I usually just leave it in the tent rather than carry it, and charge at night. Maybe mine is getting on a bit, and needs replacing, it only just got me home on the coach on Monday. It does make me think that I just bring two (weight permitting), rather than a complicated solar charger.

9 hours ago, 2019 said:

For the first time, I'm going on Wednesday, which means my normal powerbar probably won't last the duration. I think need a solar thing, to recharge it.  Are there any recommendations?

Find your phones battery size in mAh and go for something 4 times bigger. Should give 3 full charges.

I've a little 5,000mAh for my bag and a 20,000 one in the tent. No issues all weekend. Used to take two tbh but dropping to one to save weight.

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Tip for if it's muddy...

20220624_173225.thumb.jpg.d6cb10f94b39543c96cdd63ad736c6c8.jpg

Ah yes, absolutely the early models required the old tennis ball trick! But it appears the newer designs have further stabilisers on the feet which is good + added beer / snack pockets. This one is the actual one I've got.

https://amzn.eu/d/fr5IC0Y

6 hours ago, philipsteak said:

They are very comfy. They are lower to  the ground than a normal chair though if that's a consideration for anyone. Can get them all over. Every camping shop will probably sell a branded one and their own brand cheaper version and your Amazons and Ebays will have a million variations.

Yes I've had 2 different designs as mentioned above, newer one is much improved from the original prototype. There's about 80 brands all carrying the exact same design so just find the best reviewed on Amazon.

@mike86 They're super lightweight, probably weigh about the same as a bag of sugar. 

On 3/7/2023 at 4:37 PM, Quark said:

Toss up between a french press and an aeropress for morning coffee.  Not that new or exciting but it'll better than the usual instant.

I have this for a few years now, it's great as boil the water in it so no need for a kettle as well.

https://www.woodandmeadow.com/products/snow-peak-titanium-french-press?currency=GBP&variant=32291132178516&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiApKagBhC1ARIsAFc7Mc4i0WTQukyuVNffu5vkW77p9DCeuHXTNQFJBxoewkHGIni6Xuk59K8aArnmEALw_wcB

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm looking for a backup.  Is that a decent brand?

26,8000 mah is pretty high capacity .... reviews look decent although its quite hard to tell with reviews these days ... but one id likely take a punt on myself if i didnt already own quite a large number 🙂 

18 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

sealskinz waterproof socks .... might have said this before but they are incredible 

Not only do they work perfectly but in the years that I have brought them to glastonbury, we have had perfect weather.  

Clearly they are so waterproof that they ward of rain from falling from the sky.

1 minute ago, BambooShanks said:

Not only do they work perfectly but in the years that I have brought them to glastonbury, we have had perfect weather.  

Clearly they are so waterproof that they ward of rain from falling from the sky.

everyone should get them NFR NFC 🙂 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Find your phones battery size in mAh and go for something 4 times bigger. Should give 3 full charges.

I've a little 5,000mAh for my bag and a 20,000 one in the tent. No issues all weekend. Used to take two tbh but dropping to one to save weight.

I'm the same.  Have a couple of high capacity i.e. heavy brick ones back at the tent and a couple of smaller/lighter ones gor carrying around.  As I'm on site for a week always tend to have extra to err on the side of caution 

3 hours ago, jamesrfisher said:

Nice but bloody hell that's pricey!

The kettle set I've got fits the gas canister and stove top in nicely, so doesn't really take up any more space than the canister and stove on their own would.  Stainless steel single cup press I picked up ages ago for a tenner at tesco to use in the office.

Talking myself out of buying the aeropress and just using the stuff I've already got!