Poster drop- time and date predictions

Leyrulion

21 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I'm saying late

27th April - after the resales, attempt to reduce demand

10am

No chance of that happening this year especially with the price hike. I fully accept my prediction might be too early but we will certainly get the poster before balance payment. Glastonbury desperately want/need that way over demand situation. 

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

No chance of that happening this year especially with the price hike. I fully accept my prediction might be too early but we will certainly get the poster before balance payment. Glastonbury desperately want/need that way over demand situation. 

The price hike didn't exactly put people off did it... I think they'd quite like to get back to the days where people go for the experience and not just the headliners/BBC hype. I know that's what I'd do if I had a festival which had THAT MUCH DEMAND that it didn't matter. I'd be trying to encourage the right vibes 🤷🏼‍♀️

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Nah.

Part of the fun is trawling though the line up and discovering new acts.

Yeah the planning and poring over the lineup is a huge part of the fun for me too. I'd still go without knowing it as I'm sure there's stuff I'd want to see. But I'd really miss the anticipation of seeing certain acts and doing my clashfinder.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

The price hike didn't exactly put people off did it... I think they'd quite like to get back to the days where people go for the experience and not just the headliners/BBC hype. I know that's what I'd do if I had a festival which had THAT MUCH DEMAND that it didn't matter. I'd be trying to encourage the right vibes 🤷🏼‍♀️

I think Glastonbury probably remember the barely selling out days with less fondness than people on here. It probably makes it highly stressful for them. I also think the crazy over demand and huge tv figures are how they still get away with giving artists lower fees than other festivals. 

I'm sure they wish they could sell to people who don't care about the line up as much etc but we are not going back to those days any time soon. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, kalifire said:

Surprising the number of people who think they'll go into the balance window with nothing but Elton.

I'm going to revise my prediction to 1st March at 8am.

😉🤐

To be fair, this thread is "full poster", not "next announcement".

It's likely that we get something, and probably more than one something, before we see a poster.

28 minutes ago, incident said:

To be fair, this thread is "full poster", not "next announcement".

It's likely that we get something, and probably more than one something, before we see a poster.

With the current cost of living situation, I don't think they are likely to rest on their laurels so I expect that we'll have the poster in good time before the 1st of April.

19 hours ago, gfa said:

imagine the scenes on here. would absolutely love this -  think I need to consider boomtown really. more fests should do this

Had tickets to Boomtown last year but had to sell them back as needed the cash. I know the music isn't everything but I take that into account depending on the festival when viewing the lineup anyway. If I'm spending near £400 for a ticket I would like to have at least some act to look forward to.

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Nah.

Part of the fun is trawling though the line up and discovering new acts.

They could get (close to) the best of both worlds here.  Announce all but the half dozen biggest stages in good time, so all people have to do is listen and discover some of the smaller acts.  Then drop the big stages much nearer the time.

If they announced BBC Introducing and a load of the small stages before anything else, it would be a much better way of giving exposure to those acts...

Edited by goonerben
Had an additional thought!

2 hours ago, moogster said:

14th march 10 am . No other announcement until then.

I'm definitely swaying to this idea. They know they will get flack with a (mainly) white male set of headliners so include them with a poster that has plenty of female acts and they can deflect some of the complaints. 

Either that or drop one or two big female names ahead of the poster.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Like 1