2023 In Memoriam Thread

kalifire

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Watched some of Shane’s funeral, including this great rendition of Fairytale of New York by Glen Hansard, Lisa O’Neill, the Pogues etc. If you like Irish music go see Lisa when you can, she is amazing live. 

What a send off for the man. I'm watching it back now, incredible.

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Watched some of Shane’s funeral, including this great rendition of Fairytale of New York by Glen Hansard, Lisa O’Neill, the Pogues etc. If you like Irish music go see Lisa when you can, she is amazing live. 

Have to say Lisa O Neill sang Kirsty’s part as well as Kirsty. That was just terrific! 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

She was due to play the festival either this year or last but pulled out quite late on, as I recall. I looked her up as somebody I wasn't aware of, and this one just blew me away.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Every time I see in memorandum bumped up I say to myself "oh god, who now?" Mum loved Steve Wright in the afternoon! Sometimes think it would be nice to have an Oscar type in memorandum video in between a pyramid act so we could cheer them off! 

22 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Think we have the wrong year … should I lock this one ? . Used to listen to him when “doing” my homework after school … sad news 

Could you not simply change the name so it has no year?  Might save the need to have a new thread each year.....

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Only 69 - no report of an illness so must have been something out of the blue. 

out of the blue happens, yoyu never know when its coming for you.

25 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Think we have the wrong year … should I lock this one ? . Used to listen to him when “doing” my homework after school … sad news 

Ignore my daft post just realised we have a 2024 thread too.

How about locking this one and changing the name of the 2024 one?