Spotify Wrapped

lessthanwill1

This is what happens when you listen to the same playlist I made of 700 songs on random. Ive noticed Spotify will weight the songs it plays... some of the 700 never ever get played and spotify seems to only use a certain amount of them and rotate. 

5fa26ce1-f.png

Spot1.jpg

spot2.jpg

spot3.jpg

Edited by Havors

4 hours ago, Havors said:

This is what happens when you listen to the same playlist I made of 700 songs on random. Ive noticed Spotify will weight the songs it plays... some of the 700 never ever get played and spotify seems to only use a certain amount of them and rotate. 

This is so true and it has really been driving me insane the last few months. I love a playlist.. I live by my playlists. Make one for every mood and eventuality. And yet, no matter how many 10+ hour long playlists I make, they all end up sounding the same when I put them on "shuffle".

I get why, algorithm wise. If Spotify knows you enjoy and listen through a certain song, they're going to want to keep playing you that song so you keep listening and stay on the app longer. I'm trying to override it lately by skipping whenever they throw the same song at me again and hope it catches on and realises I want more of a mix, but sadly I think this is just one of the many downsides for using these apps as my main means of listening to music 🫤

9 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

This is so true and it has really been driving me insane the last few months. I love a playlist.. I live by my playlists. Make one for every mood and eventuality. And yet, no matter how many 10+ hour long playlists I make, they all end up sounding the same when I put them on "shuffle".

I get why, algorithm wise. If Spotify knows you enjoy and listen through a certain song, they're going to want to keep playing you that song so you keep listening and stay on the app longer. I'm trying to override it lately by skipping whenever they throw the same song at me again and hope it catches on and realises I want more of a mix, but sadly I think this is just one of the many downsides for using these apps as my main means of listening to music 🫤

I never listen to playlists apart from the Glastonbury playlist once line up is released etc and I have noticed this. I also feel it seems to favour the 'big' artists which leads me to wonder if record companies persuade them to make their algorithims favourable to larger artists. 

2 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Drives me insane. They should call the button "Shuffle the songs in your list that we want to promote more than others button"

It should just be a completely random shuffle... but I get the same 20 odd songs from 700 over and over.