Blur

jannybruck

50 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I've probably still got my old tickets knocking about somewhere but I can't be arsed looking for them!

Wait, what? People buy old tickets on eBay? Maybe I will look for them after all! 🙂

Yeah, looks like a twenty year old one would have gone for something between five and ten quid? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=Souvenir+Wembley+stadium+u2+ticket&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Depends how many you've got and how much you want the money, personally if you've kept a gig ticket for twenty years in good nick I'd say hang onto it rather than flog it for less than a pint. 

1 hour ago, Punksnotdead said:

I've probably still got my old tickets knocking about somewhere but I can't be arsed looking for them!

Wait, what? People buy old tickets on eBay? Maybe I will look for them after all! 🙂

You've inspired me to dig mine out.

I've got tickets, wristbands and laminates going back to 2013, sadly nothing earlier.

Strangely I've also got 1 used and 2 unused Shangri La crew bands from 2014 and 1 used from 2013.

Also various SE corner crew bar wristbands, some used, some used, one from a bar that no longer exists and several Guerilla Bar membership cards.

Not worth anything to anyone but me.

9 hours ago, Skip997 said:

You've inspired me to dig mine out.

I've got tickets, wristbands and laminates going back to 2013, sadly nothing earlier.

Strangely I've also got 1 used and 2 unused Shangri La crew bands from 2014 and 1 used from 2013.

Also various SE corner crew bar wristbands, some used, some used, one from a bar that no longer exists and several Guerilla Bar membership cards.

Not worth anything to anyone but me.

i have most of my tickets / wristbands / passes packed away - going all the way back to my first gig in 1991. 

every once in a while i get all nostalgic and have a look through them and reminisce about how life used to be.

the only ones not packed away are all my New Model Army tickets from tours from 1994 through mid-2000s which i have displayed in picture frames.

its strange to think back on the days when i used to pack a bag and follow a band round Europe - these days i could neither afford to do so or indeed be bothered to do so. 

I know all the marketing states Wembley will be their only UK gig but I still think there's a chance they headline Glastonbury, they're playing that random French festival which shows they clearly put the feelers out for festivals, and if they did I'm sure Glastonbury had a chat with them. 

2 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I know all the marketing states Wembley will be their only UK gig but I still think there's a chance they headline Glastonbury, they're playing that random French festival which shows they clearly put the feelers out for festivals, and if they did I'm sure Glastonbury had a chat with them. 

There will be other UK gigs - a few fan club warm-up ones have been teased by the band. I can’t see them headlining Glasto though. There’s been quite a lot of moaning regarding the Wembley ticket prices. Imagine the backlash if they announced they were actually going to do Glasto after all, especially from those with tickets for both.

Also, whilst we know Damon is a ‘friend of the festival’ etc, it’s quite possible that headlining Wembley is a much bigger deal for them than headlining Glasto again

14 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they want to just leave it there as far as Glastonbury is concerned.  Headlining once at their peak and once for their reunion.  If they can't see themselves topping 2009, which was bloody amazing and well received, maybe that's that. 

6 minutes ago, henry bear said:

There will be other UK gigs - a few fan club warm-up ones have been teased by the band. I can’t see them headlining Glasto though. There’s been quite a lot of moaning regarding the Wembley ticket prices. Imagine the backlash if they announced they were actually going to do Glasto after all, especially from those with tickets for both.

Also, whilst we know Damon is a ‘friend of the festival’ etc, it’s quite possible that headlining Wembley is a much bigger deal for them than headlining Glasto again

All your points are very true. I think a lot of this is just me being hopeful that they're there as I wasn't at the 09 show.

So I now no longer have a Bruce Springsteen ticket as Festicket have gone under. Fate? I really really wish I knew if Blur were doing a second date or not as I'd still love to see both, though I guess Thursday Springsteen (if my chargeback works - AEG reckon it will) and Saturday Blur would work, though not be as easy, but I kind of have to know tomorrow morning for Blur...decisions decisions

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

So I now no longer have a Bruce Springsteen ticket as Festicket have gone under. Fate? I really really wish I knew if Blur were doing a second date or not as I'd still love to see both, though I guess Thursday Springsteen (if my chargeback works - AEG reckon it will) and Saturday Blur would work, though not be as easy, but I kind of have to know tomorrow morning for Blur...decisions decisions

I had also bought Bruce tickets (Thursday date) via Festicket and have managed to get my money back from my bank via the disputed payment route, my bank turned it around quicker than expected too. Best of luck getting your money back!

2 hours ago, stuie said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they want to just leave it there as far as Glastonbury is concerned.  Headlining once at their peak and once for their reunion.  If they can't see themselves topping 2009, which was bloody amazing and well received, maybe that's that. 

Yup definitely this. I liked The Magic Whip but it's not an album that demands a Pyramid slot to play from it. Gutted I wasn't there in 2009 but there's no real need to revisit is how I'm sure Damon and the band feel. 

Can't say the same for Gorillaz. Not a chance they'd headline these days but could see Damon wanting to be back on the farm to nail it this time in terms of setlist, performance etc. They were ace when I saw them in 2017/18 and would be an amazing Pyramid sub/Other headliner

• Like 1

Just now, snoochie1981 said:

I had also bought Bruce tickets (Thursday date) via Festicket and have managed to get my money back from my bank via the disputed payment route, my bank turned it around quicker than expected too. Best of luck getting your money back!

yeah we lost our Bruce tickets because of Festicket too - have to say i was absolutely amazed how straight forward it was to claim the money back (from bank not credit card).

i dearly love Bruce, but even my beloved Bruce can fuck right off with the cost of tickets for next years shows.

36 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Yup definitely this. I liked The Magic Whip but it's not an album that demands a Pyramid slot to play from it. Gutted I wasn't there in 2009 but there's no real need to revisit is how I'm sure Damon and the band feel. 

Can't say the same for Gorillaz. Not a chance they'd headline these days but could see Damon wanting to be back on the farm to nail it this time in terms of setlist, performance etc. They were ace when I saw them in 2017/18 and would be an amazing Pyramid sub/Other headliner

Hmm, I feel that it is a good point that there's no real need to revisit it but the same could be said of Macca and The Cure.

3 hours ago, henry bear said:

Its after glasto though so people with tickets to both can just sell their tickets on? bit of a pain but hardly the end of the world

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

See my message in touring round Glastonbury. You can repurchase your ticket between jan and april

3 hours ago, henry bear said:

Def think headlining Wembley Stadium is a big one for them

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

I know what you mean, 2009 felt like the perfect setlist. No glaring omissions, a healthy mix of the big hitters, album tracks and a couple of early album deep cuts (Oily Water anyone?).

Can't really see how they would improve on that, and I've seen them three times already since that night.

2009 was perfect, just everything about it. The trepidation and excitement of the band, the joy as they took the whole crowd with them. The singing on the way out of the Pyramid field and into the campsite. I don't see how they could beat it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Levitz said:

2009 was perfect, just everything about it. The trepidation and excitement of the band, the joy as they took the whole crowd with them. The singing on the way out of the Pyramid field and into the campsite. I don't see how they could beat it. 

Bloody perfect. 

My first Glastonbury. 

I cried 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1