Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

What female acts are touring around Glastonbury that could feasibly be Pyramid sub or Other headline? Lizzo for sure. Halsey? 

Yeah I think Halsey could sub the pyramid before Arctics.

Can’t ignore her being at Prim and in Europe around the festival with the weekend free.

Subs - Halsey, Lewis Capaldi, QOTSA 

Pulp as legend

Edited by Matt42

29 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I think Halsey could sub the pyramid before Arctics.

Can’t ignore her being at Prim and in Europe around the festival with the weekend free.

Subs - Halsey, Lewis Capaldi, QOTSA 

Pulp as legend

Only one female act in the top 10 positions? Would be a nightmare but don't know what way there is around it. Get Lizzo to headline Other I suppose, though she's pretty much perfect for the Pyramid at this stage. 

9 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Only one female act in the top 10 positions? Would be a nightmare but don't know what way there is around it. Get Lizzo to headline Other I suppose, though she's pretty much perfect for the Pyramid at this stage. 

Can’t see a way where the top of this festival is anything but a massive cock fest at this point.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can’t see a way where the top of this festival is anything but a massive cock fest at this point.

Yeah it’s a weird one. Real lack of female acts big enough to fill the top spots this year. Lizzo, Halsey is around, and Florence is playing right on the doorstep who could prove to be a surprise booking, but not a whole lot else that I can think of. May be a case of them needing to fill the lower slots up to make up for it.

1 hour ago, IceCreamVan said:

Fred is West Holt headliner surely. I'm really into dance and he's just not as a big as Bicep. They also put on a cracking show, his is good. 

It'll be him with Four Tet and Skrillex on there.

Why are Pulp not being mentioned more for Other headliner? Seems like a good fit to me. 

Currently he is much bigger than Bicep. No way that bicep instantly sell out 3 venues within 10 seconds as Fred again did last weekend. His brixton shows in December all also had 75,000 people in the queue when on sale and all tickets were sold in the pre sale. He is 100% bigger than Bicep currently 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

The diversity thing might be a problem with those three headliners yeah… but if the Fred Again info is true, it wouldn’t at all surprise me to learn he was stepping in for an act who’s dropped out, as I don’t believe that he’d have been the first choice when they first started putting the lineup together.

But it could also be a case that 1. The info is wrong, or 2. QOTSA aren’t on Other anymore as they could easily be on before Arctics or Elton (not GnR assuming Neil’s Lizzo/Capaldi info is true), or, y’know, just not playing at all. 

Yeah he's got to be stepping in for an act. But with Doja Cat, Halsey and potentially even Anne-Marie it seems odd.  I'm expecting Anne-Marie to sub Other though.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

What I’m now thinking. For some reason I’m leaning more toward prodigy

I think your mad

3 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Prodigy-Sam Smith-QOTSA is still my guess. Fred Again to close WH.

I'm leaning towards QOTSA sub Friday. Sam Smith - Doja Cat/Halsey - The Prodigy

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

QOTSA subbing Arctics seems like another no-brainer tbh so just have that happen and everything fits together nicely.

Is there a reason people keep predicting Sam Smith as a Other headliner other than them being non-binary/inclusive? Not to say it isn’t a possibility - just wondering if there’s something I’ve missed?

I get how it makes sense

2 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

I think Becky Hill would be a great shout for Saturday night Other headliner. She has been pulling in huge festival crowds and would make a great alternative for people looking for a night of dance bangers. Several festivals had to close stages off last year because of the size of her crowd.

Nah, sub/3rd Other or 4th down Pyramid. She would do well to go below Lizzo/Capaldi Saturday or RB Friday.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t think Pulp are gonna be there myself but I hope I’m wrong on that.

QOTSA > AM 

Capaldi > Lizzo > GnR

Pulp > Elton

That’d be a sweet top of the Pyramid for me (Capaldi ignored).

If you swap Capaldi and Lizzo around I think you potentially have got it.

I'm sure there was info on Royal Blood playing the Arctics day earlier too. They were asked bout it and it was very coy. They can't play another day and they won't go opposite Arctics. The only thing why I don't see a Werchter repeat as straight here is because that is a rock festival.

Pyramid 4th and 5th to be female related acts for me.

I'm wondering if Halsey could take the Sunday 3rd slot like Miley did?, Miley had more songs though.

Prodigy, Sam, Doja, Becky Hill, Anne Marie and Black Keys other.

3 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Currently he is much bigger than Bicep. No way that bicep instantly sell out 3 venues within 10 seconds as Fred again did last weekend. His brixton shows in December all also had 75,000 people in the queue when on sale and all tickets were sold in the pre sale. He is 100% bigger than Bicep currently 

Yeah ok good point. I was conflating been around longer / more established with has hype currently. I do think Bicep are a more respected act but maybe I'm just being a snob 🤷🏻‍♀️

36 minutes ago, IceCreamVan said:

Yeah ok good point. I was conflating been around longer / more established with has hype currently. I do think Bicep are a more respected act but maybe I'm just being a snob 🤷🏻‍♀️

Plenty of more respected acts bill far lower than complete shite

Bicep are certainly big and still growing, but few people have seen fred as it stands which is definitely boosting his selling power / slots

47 minutes ago, IceCreamVan said:

Respected is the wrong way to look at it though.

The most mainstream acts with the widest appeal make the climb to headliner. Fred has a “poppier” direction to his music than Bicep. He also makes tunes that people can sing along to.

He makes advancements in areas where Bicep get held back.

The music industry isn’t fair, it isn’t really a meritocracy, and acts derivative of others can go further than the acts that inspired them.

• Like 1

Fred selling 3 nights at Brixton so quickly was impressive for sure, but Bicep did the same and also 2 nights at Ally Pally. 

The latter at a time when you could have quite easily seen them play multiple times within their touring cycle, they've been everywhere the past few years. 

Fred has the hype for sure but he's not way bigger than Bicep. 

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Fred selling 3 nights at Brixton so quickly was impressive for sure, but Bicep did the same and also 2 nights at Ally Pally. 

The latter at a time when you could have quite easily seen them play multiple times within their touring cycle, they've been everywhere the past few years. 

Bicep also did 3 sold out Nights at Printworks too, in 2018

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Fred was originally meant to do a week at brixton but couldn't due to there not being room.

Bicep have nowhere near the commercial potential that Fred has

(i don't think fred is other headliner)

1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

Bicep also did 3 sold out Nights at Printworks too, in 2018

5 years ago not really that relevant now. Printworks is similar capacity to Brixton anyway - probably lower when you account for some of the capacity being in other areas

8 hours ago, kalifire said:

I know this is unlikely given they headlined just a few festivals ago, but the Chems playing Dig Your Own Hole in full would be magnificent. Was 25 years old last year.

Would make more sense on an anniversary year than now

They'd also have to make all the visuals for a one-off, poorly paid show so i'd put chances very low sadly

Forget who's "bigger" or better, Fred is trending right now more than Bicep ever have. His name's being thrown around a lot of different circles in this country including ones that aren't big EDM fans. 

Won't be at all surprised to see him headlining Other. Makes complete sense. Whether the hype lasts is another story. 

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

My initial response was are you sure it isn't West Holts when I was told about the other, but they seemed pretty sure it was the other. He's only playing a couple of shows in the UK in the summer which tilted me into believing it 

Seems unlikely do you not think given how much demand there is in the UK that there would only be a couple of shows here across the summer, one of which is already sold out in Glasto? 

I was listening to a podcast with him the other day (Tape notes, a great listen and highly recommend) and he said they’re looking at arenas for this year given how big he has got (he was very humble about it) but that to me would suggest him doing only a couple of shows is unlikely