Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

22 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I think Halsey could sub the pyramid before Arctics.

Can’t ignore her being at Prim and in Europe around the festival with the weekend free.

Subs - Halsey, Lewis Capaldi, QOTSA 

Pulp as legend

She does only have the Primavera dates booked at the moment I think though doesn't she? Which would leave empty for like 3 weeks till Glasto

5 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

She does only have the Primavera dates booked at the moment I think though doesn't she? Which would leave empty for like 3 weeks till Glasto

Yeah I did think she was a good shout for an Other headliner but unless anything changes it seems like she’s only around for Primavera. Shame as I think she’d be an interesting booking for it.

57 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Seems unlikely do you not think given how much demand there is in the UK that there would only be a couple of shows here across the summer, one of which is already sold out in Glasto? 

I was listening to a podcast with him the other day (Tape notes, a great listen and highly recommend) and he said they’re looking at arenas for this year given how big he has got (he was very humble about it) but that to me would suggest him doing only a couple of shows is unlikely 

when i say shows in the summer i mean festivals 

2 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Chems have played Other every 4 years since 2011 right? 

2011 > 2015 > 2019 > 2023.

Groovy. Fred / Chems / Prodigy for my money then and if that's the case there's a decent chance I'll be there every night. 

They won't be there this year - literally a 1 festival gap since they last did it

Looks like their album won't be out before glasto either, look to be 2024 to me. hardly help the gender split either do they 😂

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

They won't be there this year - literally a 1 festival gap since they last did it

Looks like their album won't be out before glasto either, look to be 2024 to me. hardly help the gender split either do they 😂

They pulled out of 2022 last minute due to covid!

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

They pulled out of 2022 last minute due to covid!

Yeah - they seemed really excited to have a 'secret' slot last year (which became the Arcadia crush), then couldn't make it.  I'm sure they'd do whatever it takes to have a slot at the festival, but Other headliners of Fred, Prod & Chems seems highly unlikely - they usually have more of a genre mix if not a gender mix.

2 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Yeah - they seemed really excited to have a 'secret' slot last year (which became the Arcadia crush), then couldn't make it.  I'm sure they'd do whatever it takes to have a slot at the festival, but Other headliners of Fred, Prod & Chems seems highly unlikely - they usually have more of a genre mix if not a gender mix.

As someone said above, I'd take SZA / Prodigy / Fred in that instance, covers more bases. Chems back in that "secret" slot. 

Fred of course could be WH but again with current hype I just don't see it this year.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

As someone said above, I'd take SZA / Prodigy / Fred in that instance, covers more bases. Chems back in that "secret" slot. 

Fred of course could be WH but again with current hype I just don't see it this year.

I was about to say I'd be surprised if they had both Prodigy & Fred - not that they wouldn't both play but maybe not the same stage.  But had a look at previous headliners - best example is 2015 when they had Rudimental, Deadmau5 and Chems.  

As for Chems secret slot - they possibly need a rethink on how that worked (in their absence) last year, but otherwise I'm sure they'd happily take up that slot again, esp maybe if their new album isn't out by then

33 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Chems have played Other every 4 years since 2011 right? 

2011 > 2015 > 2019 > 2023.

Groovy. Fred / Chems / Prodigy for my money then and if that's the case there's a decent chance I'll be there every night. 

2007 as well. 

#thereisnopattern