Manually refresh or leave it alone

BristolJT

1 minute ago, BristolJT said:

Congrats to everyone who got tickets this morning!

Successful people, did you leave it to refresh on its own every 20 seconds or do you smash f5 and refresh the page yourself constantly until you get through?

Smash F5. Do not leave it, you will never get through

Hit refresh repeatedly on my laptop whilst my phone was left to its own devices on the holding page .  Looked down to see the phone had gone through to the site!   So in this entire scientific experiment with a large sample size of one,  refresh is not the way to go. 

I had the add-ins 'Easy Auto Refresh' on Chrome and 'Amazing Auto Refresh' on Edge running (both with a 10 second refresh)...managed to get through to regs & payments on Edge at 09:26, payment hung for a few seconds then got confirmed at 09:28 (Chrome got to reg page just as the payment went through on Edge).

So yes, (auto) refreshing constantly, but at 10 second intervals.

Refreshinator was successful for me getting tickets, refreshing every 0.01 second, although not until after tickets apparently 'sold out'. Obviously there were huge issues with the site but it shows how many people were trying if it took this long, so solely leaving it to 20 second refresh would put you at a disadvantage in my view.

If you do use this, I would recommend using a connection like a VPN or mobile data so that you don't get rate limited on your main connection (albeit an urban legend that this happens).

Edited by discgoesmic

36 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Refreshinator was successful for me getting tickets, refreshing every 0.01 second, although not until after tickets apparently 'sold out'. Obviously there were huge issues with the site but it shows how many people were trying if it took this long, so solely leaving it to 20 second refresh would put you at a disadvantage in my view.

If you do use this, I would recommend using a connection like a VPN or mobile data so that you don't get rate limited on your main connection (albeit an urban legend that this happens).

Same, I got in on Refreshinator on 0.01. 

So it depends... On the holding page, with the devices that were being refreshed more often, we had way more connection issues and drop outs, finally got past holding using my main PC which was only being refreshed every 20 seconds.

However, once past holding, it said sold out, and I was mashing refresh like mad until a slot popped up and I could enter details.

Then it took me to the confirm names and deposit amounts page, but it didn't appear, instead it said sold out again, so once again I was mashing refresh until a slot appeared. 

Then it took me to the payment page, and guess what, yep, sold out, same process again, mash refresh until a slot came up, and card entry details appeared, plain sailing from there. 🙂

14 hours ago, Jon F said:

Hit refresh repeatedly on my laptop whilst my phone was left to its own devices on the holding page .  Looked down to see the phone had gone through to the site!   So in this entire scientific experiment with a large sample size of one,  refresh is not the way to go. 

This is what happened to me , several browsers open smashing F5 , looked down and my phone was there asking me how many tickets I wanted.

got through on my phone in the end