Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

12 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Did you see the Dodgers Stadium gig? Not Kiki Dee please! I love that song but her voice is wrecked!

I’d like to see someone who can do justice to the duet version of don’t let the sun go down on me. Not sure who could step into the late, great George’s shoes. And I fucking pray it’s not Chris Martin.

Martin would do quite a good job.

Dua I reckon, she can get a feel for the view before headlining next year/year after. 

I’d like him to get someone new up there as that seems to have been part of the attraction for him. He had Nova Twins on his ‘Best of 2022 playlist’, throw in a curveball like that

18 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Ok, what’s everyone’s thoughts on potential special guests during Elton? The list is pretty endless! Would love to see Kiki Dee, And any from Lady Gaga, Rod, Ronnie Wood, Dua, Pet Shop Boys..... 

If everyone’s busy he could always bust out Tupacs hologram for Ghetto Gospel

11 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I get that these things are very tough and the logistics are near impossible to deal with but if diversity is a big driver then surely the thing to do would be to replace with an act that promotes diversity, why is the answer seemingly to just book another male band? There could be contingency's in place for diversity where if a certain headliner pulls out they trigger that contingency and book accordingly. If that means they have to potentially postpone an act till the following year, whilst disappointing for that act surely if it's in the name of diversity then there can't be too many people unhappy with that?

Realistically, no act is going to agree to that. It's not just asking one person, or a few people in a band, to keep a couple of days free with no guarantee of actual work. It's the whole crew needed for the gig (and if you're headlining Glastonbury, you would want your most experienced team on hand for sure, wouldn't want to risk anything less). I mean, I agree, it's a really nice idea, but very few acts would go for it.

Even in the case of Florence, we just don't know. Yes, it looks like she could have done it, but maybe her drummer's best mate is getting married that weekend? All these people have lives, and hence these things generally get planned way, way in advance. 

I don't disagree that it's not worked out well. But I'm not sure it's a mistake. Emily did the best she could with the options she had. Later the options changed. It doesn't mean her choice was "wrong" - if I offer you a game where I roll a dice, and if it's a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 I give you ten quid, but if it's a 6, you give me ten quid. Or we can play it the other way around where I win on 1-5 and you win on a 6. The "right" choice is always to bet on 1-5. But then if you roll the die and you get a 6, that doesn't mean you were wrong. You made the best decision with the information available. Doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be the one that works out best. Doesn't then mean you made a mistake in what you picked.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Neil said:

the toxicity was in the group think responses.

just you, only you, when did you go deaf!

Very soon you’re going to be the only one on here and you only have yourself to blame. I implore you to get help. There’s almost no regulars left here, at some point you’re going to have to face up to the reality that you’re the issue. You can’t even blame trolls anymore cause ur the only one left 

I stare out at my city on another difficult day
And I scream inwardly
When will this change
I'm beginning to fade
But my sanity's saved, 'cause I can see your faces
My sanity's saved
'Cause I can see your faces
It's hard
We got our heads down and our hackles up
Our back's against the wall
I can feel your heart racing
None of this was written in stone
The current's fast but the river moves slow
And I can feel things changing
Even when I'm weak and I'm breaking
I stand weeping at the train station
'Cause I can see your faces
I love people's faces
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Even in the case of Florence, we just don't know. Yes, it looks like she could have done it, but maybe her drummer's best mate is getting married that weekend? All these people have lives, and hence these things generally get planned way, way in advance. 

There's also contracts to consider. Many touring artists can only play shows for X promotor or in X country or at festival X,Y & Z in any given year.

6 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Well you've done it now haven't you. Just make sure you don't say his name 4 more times between now and 25th June and we might be OK.

You'll be pleased to know Coldplay are playing Milan that night. I personally can't wait to see them in Manchester! 

Though U2 are playing that Ukraine benefit the night before so...

Edited by efcfanwirral

56 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

You'll be pleased to know Coldplay are playing Milan that night. I personally can't wait to see them in Manchester! 

Though U2 are playing that Ukraine benefit the night before so...

if this is that wembley one g weekend , this is currently only a rumour i think

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Emily Eavis: "Festivals need more female representation cause we arent capable"

APE: "Hold our beers"

Yeah OK... and your reaction to HAIM headlining the Pyramid would have been? 

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I feel totally caught here by trying to help posters and your dismissive nature towards people and long term members included , what ive been  trying to do to help the site .

You've been doing a grand job, thanks for all your help.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

further to events within this thread id like to step down as a moderator @Neil unfortunately it seems like the person id most like to restrict at many points is you  .... I feel totally caught here by trying to help posters and your dismissive nature towards people and long term members included , what ive been  trying to do to help the site . best of luck with the sale hopefully things will run smoothly for you .

That's a big loss. I understand you completely though. Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

further to events within this thread id like to step down as a moderator @Neil unfortunately it seems like the person id most like to restrict at many points is you  .... I feel totally caught here by trying to help posters and your dismissive nature towards people and long term members included , what ive been  trying to do to help the site . best of luck with the sale hopefully things will run smoothly for you .

I very much understand, you've done a great job and have been put in a very difficult position. Your efforts have been greatly appreciated 👍

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

You've done a good job. Hopefully you feel better following this decision.

21 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Thanks for trying to help restore some order on here. I appreciate you trying. Until or unless Neil stands down, sells or gives up, it’s on a downward spiral and I for one, have had enough. 

• Like 1