Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

8 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I’ve been out for beers tonight, so forgive me....but want to say this....the people who drink at Brothers bar, on the Wednesday and Thursday..... well, I’d rather they didn’t attend. I not only don’t like them (knobheads)... but I sincerely wish they didn’t exist on the planet at all. I love Glastonbury. Seriously. Really love it. Many of the posters on here will get that. There’s a part of me wishes there was some sort of filter on ticket day that excluded them..... I don’t mind missing out to people who feel as I do. But so many knobheads get in..... it’s soul destroying.

Out of upvotes.

I'm with you on this.

I bet if you asked the people drinking at Brothers Bar on a Wednesday and Thursday what they thought of people who swerved the Pyramid stage and mostly enjoyed the less travelled areas of the festival they'd say that's really cool and people should enjoy the festival however they want.

People can decide for themselves which group best embody the "Glastonbury spirit"

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

As a long standing Radiohead fan, Radiohead. '17 was dismal compared to '03. I will die on this hill so be prepared to fight.

You know I'd say this, but 1997 is still the one for me. My favourite Glasto set ever, pipping Mr Bowie by a whisker.

Probably due to a mixture of me thinking the new album was so amazing, and also it was a sweet relief to just stop.... from the slogging around in the rivers of mud of three days, forget all that for a couple of hours, and take in the performance. Shame there isn't a nice HD video of this one.

10 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I think we were just past the barrier. It sounded fine, screechy but fine, but there was a total disconnect twixt band and crowd. The bullshit art shown on the big screens rather than the band ensured that.

In, at that point, 21 years, I'd never "officially"* heard Let Down live before. How apt.

*I won't die on this one but I'll pummel ruddy hard, Let Down was played at TiTp '96 but wasn't on the set list. I didn't dream it.

You and I were both at that TiTP show, our first Radiohead gig if I'm not wrong. I found a review of it online a few years ago which listed both Electioneering and Lift as being played that night, but not Let Down. However all the setlists you can find online don't mention any of these songs alas, and the bootlegs, which are great don't have them either.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Different expectations make the difference. I loved 2017 cause I was there. Watching 2003 on video was great and at the time its a diff catalog and such. 6 years ago they were cementing their legacy. 20 years ago they were showing everyone why they were the best live act around and that didnt really change til after the In Rainbows tour.

There was a proper vibe in the field in '03. An enchantment. The strange thing that takes a gig to the next level. There was no vibe in '17.

• Upvote 1

Add me to the list of those disappointed by Radiohead 17. You can do total stage silence or artistic screens that don’t show the band, but not both, and definitely not with big gaps between songs and a set list that made potential bangers into low key gear. We were so hyped for it for months and left before the encore break to go to the Flaming Lips.

Edited by Drinky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were pretty close to stage, I could just about see everything going on over peoples heads and was hooked, my wife who is much smaller was livid, she relies on big screens at gigs like that.

Her take was the screens wrecked it. On such a big stage the choice to have arty visuals instead of just showing us Radiohead was very poor and caused her to feel very disconnected from it all.

• Upvote 1

I just really wish we were getting 1975 or Harry instead of arctics... really think AM is the weak link in the pyramid line up this year. They've done it before, I love them but it's just so meh....

Still trying to manifest a curve ball! There's still time....

Wait so anyone going to get a Brothers cider at the festival on a Wednesday or Thursday is a total cretin? Who the hell comes up with this stuff? You might get the odd dickhead who can't handle their cider but that sort of take is total festival bigotry. 

What on earth are people seeing down on West Holts that I'm not? 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I just really wish we were getting 1975 or Harry instead of arctics... really think AM is the weak link in the pyramid line up this year. They've done it before, I love them but it's just so meh....

Hard agree. Having seen Arctic Monkeys several times, their headline slot at Leeds last year was the decider for me. They could've put me to sleep

9 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I'm there with you... All my hopes are on Park/JP/West Holts at this point...

2 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

You clearly don't read Mojo magazine and enjoy 6music enough mate. Eat more hummus and all.

Strong advice.  It's packed with healthy heart fats, brilliant for your gut and packed full of plant based proteins. 

Just like Brothers.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There was a hell of a vibe where I was stood. I found the whole thing entrancing. Wonderful performance.

Same here, probably depended entirely on what pocket of the crowd you were in. I didn't find the screens to be much of an issue, went perfectly well with the set. 

Decision to dabdown Reckoner from the setlist is unforgivable though. Should have been played instead of Lotus Flower.

Reckoner -> Creep -> Karma Police to finish

2 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

You're exactly the sort of riff-raff that should be banned from the festival. Reporting you to Emily as we speak.

You'll find her in the kitchen, at the table, making the last minute adjustments to the line up 🙂  

32 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Sorry if I offended The Car fans 😂

But Im saying that as somebody that does like AM and is seeing them at Hillsborough as well - but it's hard to deny they're a weak live act these days. 

Not saying they aren't known for being bad live just it hasn't happened yet and is just negative hence the bore off

the car is w*nk btw

53 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

We were pretty close to stage, I could just about see everything going on over peoples heads and was hooked, my wife who is much smaller was livid, she relies on big screens at gigs like that.

Her take was the screens wrecked it. On such a big stage the choice to have arty visuals instead of just showing us Radiohead was very poor and caused her to feel very disconnected from it all.

Like the AM screens last time they played. Awful.