Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

13 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’ve always seen it as the biggest stage that doesn’t trade in prestige. It’s more important that there’s the right vibe and feel to that field. The larger two stages don’t ignore that completely, but it’s not the priority it is at West Holts. 

Yes, that's exactly it! *mind blown *

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

If i'm wandering around and have nothing on my schedule, West Holts is typically where i'll find myself. Its a nip round the corner to t+c, tends to have interesting music, has reliably good food stalls, and tends to be much lower on the knobhead count 

But, but ....

Isn't it Efests official view that there are no knobheads at Glastonbury

I agree with you totally by the way, but no way I could have said so myself, the down votes would have been of the scale

42 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Just because something costs a lot, doesn't mean it's valuable

Carnage in our local Sainsbury's yesterday when they got some bottle of Prime in.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

But, but ....

I agree with you totally by the way, but no way I could have said so myself, the down votes would have been of the scale

There are quite a few that post on here. I might be one of them.

8 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

But, but ....

This forum started off as Eknobs

It's progressed....or maybe not!

17 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

If i'm wandering around and have nothing on my schedule, West Holts is typically where i'll find myself. Its a nip round the corner to t+c, tends to have interesting music, has reliably good food stalls, and tends to be much lower on the knobhead count 

Yeah this. It's my go-to if we want to chill somewhere as there will always be something good on. And my favourite stage for headliners.

6 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Could be the wrong topic for this, so apologies, but I remember seeing a spreadsheet a little while back that outlined how long it took to move from stage -> stage. My ifrst time this year, so keen to cast my eye over it if anyone knows where it lives?

There's one somewhere, but I wouldn't take too much notice. There are too many factors involved: time of day, what acts are on, age and fitness of person, alone or in a group, muddy or not etc

Edited by Skip997

34 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

West Holts programming is way ahead of The Pyramid. It's the only big stage that consistently gets it right across the board and understands the importance of building up during the day to a proper party act as headliner.

Are there other festivals that have similar programming to West Holts and do it as well or better though?

Not a trick question! There might not be, I don't know, I don't know those genres well enough either.

14 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

But, but ....

Very few for a festival of its size and numbers tbh … just look at the crime stats which seem to be falling now post superfence … of course they’ll be some but my personal experience is that you’ll struggle to find them . 

4 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Could be the wrong topic for this, so apologies, but I remember seeing a spreadsheet a little while back that outlined how long it took to move from stage -> stage. My ifrst time this year, so keen to cast my eye over it if anyone knows where it lives?

There is one that has been knocking about for years but an update was done last year by one or more people on here (sorry, can't remember who) 

Screenshot_20220618-165656_Twitter.thumb.jpg.39e90e6f79c0252c04a0f1ddb74fe352.jpg

Screenshot_20220618-171146_Chrome.thumb.jpg.734c0c42a2c29e5affaa86c4034d7dd7.jpg

• Upvote 1

With all this West Holts love in..... and ever the contrary knobhead..... what’s folks views of that field before the stage opens, on the Wed and Thu? My own view (prepared to be shot down) is that the knobhead ratio in it is far higher than found elsewhere, largely due to the Brothers Bar crowd. West Holts is a lovely bar, and the crowd split between the two types of patrons is pretty obvious by looking at the rubbish strewn around that field. Around Brothers it’s a bombsite, usually pretty ok around West Holts.

Just now, DeanoL said:

Are there other festivals that have similar programming to West Holts and do it as well or better though?

Not a trick question! There might not be, I don't know, I don't know those genres well enough either.

Not that aware of. Am thinking Boomtown maybe, but never been. Shambala to a certain extent, but they don't have the budget to get anyone big.

1 minute ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

With all this West Holts love in..... and ever the contrary knobhead..... what’s folks views of that field before the stage opens, on the Wed and Thu? My own view (prepared to be shot down) is that the knobhead ratio in it is far higher than found elsewhere, largely due to the Brothers Bar crowd. West Holts is a lovely bar, and the crowd split between the two types of patrons is pretty obvious by looking at the rubbish strewn around that field. Around Brothers it’s a bombsite, usually pretty ok around West Holts.

Yeah that's fair. We used to always go there for Brothers Bar when we were knobhead 20-somethings but tend to go elsewhere on Weds to Thurs now.

2 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I guess some of that is that it’s a bar that is open and with music and people generally there to have a skinfull that seems to have been the way since I started going … they did however remove the big 2 litre bottles to try and contain it to this area I guess as they got strewn everywhere 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

It does make me wonder if AM is the weak link for me… if the headliners were Harry Styles / GNR / Elton it looks way better - or Dua Lipa / GNR / Elton. Hard to know.

Repeat headliners always come with an element of disappointment for me. 

Question: has a headliner ever returned and been better than their original headline slot? 

West Holts Bar is great Wednesday & Thursday night.

I think West Holts stage is a lot more interesting during the day, recent years seem to have concentrated on (though not exclusively) dance headliners which hold zero interest for me. Whenever there is someone who I might be interested in, they always clash so i'm yet to see a headliner there. I'd hoped The Specials might do it one year but that ship has sailed.