Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

53 minutes ago, Superscally said:

This is the biggest trio they've ever had. You're kidding yourself.

Certainly not. In terms of the size of the acts at the time the fests happened, the 2011, 2013, 2016, 2017 trios blow it out of the water. 2020 too if that hadn’t been cancelled. And that’s just in the last decade-and-a-bit, let alone going back further than that. Elton will be great but the other two bookings are about as remarkable as me mam’s favourite wart. 

• Upvote 1

So basically it’s par for the course so far for me. One must see headliner, one maybe and one almost certainly not. I’ve never seen any more than two pyramid headliners. Once the debate about GnR dies down and the park, JP, other stage and lesser tent acts are announced it will be the usual aaaarrrggghhh the clashes are insane threads. Anyone chucking back a ticket back in the pot because of a single headline act doesn’t get what the festival is all about. 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

But plenty of people have said they are looking forward to it.

Or are those opinions invalid?

some of the people said they're looking forwards to it have also said they're shit, so i'm not out on my own with that opinion.

25 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Slash was fantastic last time he played in 2010 and my 10 year old daughter at that time is caught singing on camera 55 seconds in!

Imagine what it is going to be like with 60,000 watching and the full band. I cannot wait

It's going to be ace.

• Upvote 1

i would argue they have a couple of the most recognizable songs in the world, that the majority of music fans know

Paul McCartney cant sing anymore but the excuse was hes old and its understandable, but it doesnt matter as everyone will sing along anyway

bet that same logic doesnt apply here though 

7 minutes ago, pryce said:

Paul McCartney cant sing anymore but the excuse was hes old and its understandable, but it doesnt matter as everyone will sing along anyway

Never understood this "he can't sing but it doesn't matter" nonsense. It's vital, esp with the likes of Macca or Elton, their act is all about singing.

Edited by Skip997

2 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

What a baffling lie

Well I certainly couldn't name one and if I heard one I might say "oh I know this, but I don't know who it is"

Believe or not there are people who have never focused on mainstream music.

Edited by Skip997

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Never understood this "he can't sing but it doesn't matter" nonsense. It's vital, esp with the likes of Macca or Elton, their act is all about singing.

It can be tolerated with Macca and Elton because they’re among the greatest songwriters of all time. Axl Rose on the other hand … 

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

It can be tolerated with Macca and Elton because they’re among the greatest songwriters of all time. Axl Rose on the other hand … 

…has written some of the greatest rock songs of all time? 

Just because you don’t like the music/person doesn’t negate what he’s achieved. 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Every headliner is shit in someone's opinion surely. There's always been at least one I'm not remotely arsed about but happy for other people to enjoy.

Really no different this time.

Yep it's just taste isn't it and you'll never convince someone with numbers, streaming etc and vice versa. For those who love GnR it's a great day, those who hate them it's terrible and those in the middle just don't really care that much either way 😂

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Every headliner is shit in someone's opinion surely. There's always been at least one I'm not remotely arsed about but happy for other people to enjoy.

Really no different this time.

I've never understood why some actively want an act to fail.

Don't like them? Fine. But there's nothing to be gained by an act flopping and leaving 80,000 punters disappointed.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Don't like them? Fine. But there's nothing to be gained by an act flopping and leaving 80,000 punters disappointed.

its almost better for an act I dont like to be ridiculously busy .... more room elsewhere to get to the front / space to dance etc . 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah exactly this. 

I had zero interest in seeing the likes of Ed Sheeran or even Arctics this time around, but I want everyone there to be having the fucking time of their life.

• Like 1