Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

44 minutes ago, CJB said:

Lol, I’m holding out hope that they’d bring some classics out for Glasto. At least closing on A Certain Romance. I can dream …. 

They did nothing special for Reading and Leeds, which while not quite glasto was near enough a hometown show in Leeds (and they previously have done specials for them)

54 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I enjoyed their set at the time but now really wish I'd seen Portishead instead, Third has grown to be one of my favourite albums.

Portishead was my first headliner and still one of my favourites. Don’t let my son forget he dragged me away from this unique set to see AM. He has only seen them 7 or 8 times since…

On 11/25/2022 at 12:56 PM, BenG92 said:

That was me. Groovy. I wouldn't pay her presumably astronomical ticket price personally but Glasto would be an amazing opportunity. 

Not that I think she's actually likely, but hey.

I was gifted 2 tickets to go see her play once - Yankee Stadium 2012.  They were from a client of mine, and it would have been astronomically rude of me to turn him down and say that I don't like her, so I went.  (plus it was free drink)  75% of her set was mimed, largely due to the fact that she is running around and dancing for most of the set.  (Or, maybe there is a track vocal that is the lead, that she sings along with the track).  But there were key moments when she sang live, mostly when she was sitting down to play guitar on a handful of songs.  I have to say, it was VERY obvious when they made the switch; the live quality of her voice left a lot to be desired.  A lot of pitchy moments on par with the Diana Ross performance from this year.  I have to give credit where credit is due tho - she is in better shape physically than I will ever be, and there aren't many performers who could move around that much and sing live.  

10 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

72fllw.jpg

Can't stop laughing at this.  😁😆

The Weeknd is one of those artists who seems to have more or less flown completely under my radar and I'm genuinely surprised he cropped up as headline potential.  Having gone away and actually looked into it, I'm staggered how huge he is.  I had absolutely no idea.  I probably know 3 songs and that's it.

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

The Weeknd is one of those artists who seems to have more or less flown completely under my radar and I'm genuinely surprised he cropped up as headline potential.  Having gone away and actually looked into it, I'm staggered how huge he is.  I had absolutely no idea.  I probably know 3 songs and that's it.

3 more than me!

I'm the same for Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift, though, so probably not the best person to be in the know!

11 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I know 2 songs but wish I didnt ....would be a terrible booking for me

OK, just had The Weeknd on shuffle whilst WFH.  I'm 7-8 songs in and can't remember anything about any of them.  It's just like all the terrible, bland R&B style pop that flooded the 90's.  Cannot believe he's that popular.

Hang on, Blinding Lights just came on.  Something a bit catchy at least.

Not for me this guy I think.

12 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

OK, just had The Weeknd on shuffle whilst WFH.  I'm 7-8 songs in and can't remember anything about any of them.  It's just like all the terrible, bland R&B style pop that flooded the 90's.  Cannot believe he's that popular.

Hang on, Blinding Lights just came on.  Something a bit catchy at least.

Not for me this guy I think.

if you're into Hip-Hop, it's worth listening to some tracks he featured on with huge artists. Crew Love by Drake is one of his best, the vocals are pretty amazing. This was far before he was massively famous, though.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Blinding Lights is the biggest pop hit of the last decade.  Maybe even of all time depending on which metric you use.

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2021/nov/24/the-weeknds-blinding-lights-dethrones-the-twist-as-all-time-no1-billboard-single

Which is probably why it leaves me cold, I think it was on a car advert as well? It’s just soulless to me.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Blinding Lights is the biggest pop hit of the last decade.  Maybe even of all time depending on which metric you use.

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2021/nov/24/the-weeknds-blinding-lights-dethrones-the-twist-as-all-time-no1-billboard-single

I only heard the song from Tik Tok when doctors & nurses were doing dances routines around hostipal corridors and wards

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I just looked this up and I've never heard it before! I live in a weird bubble.