Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

She's a person not a brand. Try humanising people. She did what a lot of people did moaned about what she thought was poor service on twitter. Realised she made a mistake and was unequivocal in her apology. I never said the comment about the far right by the way either. Just that it was a nothing incident nearly half a decade ago and she doesn't deserve to have it thrown in her face constantly. 

Yes I concur that it wasn't you who said that about far right stuff, that was referring to others.

And we're talking about show business here. Of course Lizzo is a brand (one explicitly based on various virtues such as body positivity, which helped her get more mainstream attention), no different from Taylor Swift and so many of their contemporaries. And that partially explains the backlash against their personal behavior when it's inconsistent. No different from with Ellen Degeneres who always preached kindness on her show yet turned out to be a huge bitch to people. And it also explains why, say, the fans of criminal rappers don't care about their transgressions because they've always presented themselves as such.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Anyone going to tell me that won’t be epic on El Pointo?

I remember seeing them at the old Wembley and everyone singing along in their best Axl voice. The "Ow, ow ow OWWWWW, Sweet Child of My-ee-ein" bits were very loud and very funny.

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I remember seeing them at the old Wembley and everyone singing along in their best Axl voice. The "Ow, ow ow OWWWWW, Sweet Child of My-ee-ein" bits were very loud and very funny.

Can’t act like I won’t be full of cider and doing precisely that come June.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

7 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Can we maybe not with this sort of language against female popstars who already get an insane level of hate directed their way, even if you're being ironic? Ta.

It was a joke. The nature of the capitals was supposed to emphasise that. Next time I'll include rolling eyes emojis or something similar for those of you who can't cope with the obvious.

11 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I suggested that the other day. While Elton obviously had the Paris date planned for a while, Emily talking up GnR ages ago makes me think they’ve been lined up in some form for a while. We never really know how early the headliners are booked but going for Elton John last spring/summer after it became clear that Taylor wouldn’t be touring Europe seems sensible to me. 

What doesn’t make sense is why they would wait for someone else to drop out before trying to book Elton John on his farewell tour 

45 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

What doesn’t make sense is why they would wait for someone else to drop out before trying to book Elton John on his farewell tour 

It also doesn’t make sense to book a gig in Paris that weekend that would need moving if he was booked for GF in advance…

Unless he was long booked for GF but other headliner availability has meant he has had to shift from the night he was originally booked for….

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Y'all think GNR would get more than two hours? It'd be nice if they actually get a relatively short set time, since that might mean they won't waste time with stupid drawn-out circlejerk guitar solo's.

Even when they had to cut songs at Tottenham they kept the guitar solo

11 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Y'all think GNR would get more than two hours? It'd be nice if they actually get a relatively short set time, since that might mean they won't waste time with stupid drawn-out circlejerk guitar solo's.

They would get 2 1/2 just like Macca had. 

15 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

She was interested in it three years ago.

When she wasnt doing mini residences at stadiums to meet with demand along with 4 more albums worth of material. And also was going to take all of the big festival paychecks for a change.  In regards to the whole taylor control big stream and all that, well some festival in california can offer everything glasto cant. And that promoter booked her tour this time so who has better odds of landing it. Also another thing to intrigue. Is you can pitch 3 festival weekends and be the first act to do such a thing. You want to appease the ego of somebody like swift? You have to think a little outside the box. 3 weekends, 3 different sets and the last one is at a country festival where the first 3 records can be showcased. And maybe 12 million  reasons  to go with it.

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

When she wasnt doing mini residences at stadiums to meet with demand along with 4 more albums worth of material. And also was going to take all of the big festival paychecks for a change.  In regards to the whole taylor control big stream and all that, well some festival in california can offer everything glasto cant. And that promoter booked her tour this time so who has better odds of landing it. Also another thing to intrigue. Is you can pitch 3 festival weekends and be the first act to do such a thing. You want to appease the ego of somebody like swift? You have to think a little outside the box. 3 weekends, 3 different sets and the last one is at a country festival where the first 3 records can be showcased. And maybe 12 million  reasons  to go with it.

Suprefan in talking about Coachella shocker...

What's the situ with G'N'R rolling on stage an hour late as has been the case on previous occasions? I'm assuming (rightly/wrongly) that they'll have their set cut by an hour? Or, would Glastonbury schedule it to allow a time buffer to cater for the fact of potential time issues?