The "I'm going to Glastonbury 2023" thread

Supernintendo Chalmers

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

On the other hand, all the folk who squeaked in at the last minute (myself included) maybe only got lucky cos a large % bailed after See tweeted the sellout

This is my belief. 

Wife was telling me "it's over, it's sold out".

Not on my watch.

• Upvote 1

In 2014 a number of eFests members who were going solo formed a group. @Neilvery kindly set up a temporary separate part of the forum for us so we could exchange details etc.

Anyway, 8 years later some of us are still going together, we've picked up a few waifs and strays, friends and family members along the way.

At 10:24 we got confirmation the last group was in; 36 out of 36 purchased. It's a Christmas miracle!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I was hammering away on our group chat on the lead up, to keep trying even after they say it's sold out. up to the point they delete the page.

Looking back on our groups I think 10.27am was our last successful ticket purchases 👍

Missed 2022 despite having a ticket as was admitted to hospital a few days before (Jaundice from gallstone/gall bladder problem).

So pleased we got tickets at 10.20 today after having nearly given up. I’ll be back at last and will make up for that ticket I held since 2019 and couldn’t use!

Gall bladder removal op later this month so hopefully no bad luck next year!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BlueDaze said:

My wife got tickets for my daughter, her boyfriend (first timer) and myself at 10:11..! so many with tickets so late this year… is saw @Ayrshire Chris was after 10:30.!

and you already had your coach tickets yeah?

yeah and i got my mates tickets today .... absolutely gonna catch you on the farm lets hope OD make it and its there ... fantastic news 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BlueDaze said:

My wife got tickets for my daughter, her boyfriend (first timer) and myself at 10:11..! so many with tickets so late this year… is saw @Ayrshire Chris was after 10:30.!

and you already had your coach tickets yeah?

I felt like I was like one of those doctors who just kept trying to revive a body despite being told by everyone it’s too late. 10.33, the heart restarted😊😉

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I felt like I was like one of those doctors who just kept trying to revive a body despite being told by everyone it’s too late. 10.33, the heart restarted😊😉

My daughter tells me that you will be on Greys Anatomy soon

• Like 1

Another one here who got through after the See tweet, must have been about ten minutes or so. I tend to keep concentrating and bashing away at F5 until the site no longer lets me, although never with any success until today, so can't quite believe it and am still waiting for a "we screwed up" message (I suppose irrationally). Definitely feel for all those who got through sooner than me but then encountered trouble - kind of feel like I've profited from that? Hoping whoever got kicked out in favour of my lot gets something in the resale. 

Just booked for a small family group of four, basically my folks wanted to do 'one last one' while they were still fit and well (touch wood). 

Not going to lie, completely over the moon right now.

Can’t wait for all the build up to start now. The weather thread, @deebeedoobeewith her month build up, the “when the hell is the line up / map going to be out thread”, the lawns thread. Even the pre festival Afro! Oh & The trolley thread.

Even though it’s my second time missed all this since June!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, laylanne said:

I managed to get mine - so happy but lord of my groups missed out. Are secret resales true? I’ve heard they exist but never knew anything about how people find out or anything

I could be wrong about this, but I think last year some of the coach and ticket packages went on sale after the announced resale in April and a few people on this forum got tickets that way. As far as I know this was the first time this had happened since 2016 but I could be wrong.

• Upvote 1