2024 Headliners

2 hours ago, JonSnow said:

Has anyone put forward the merits of the festival bumping up The Lottery Winners from 5th down on Woodsies to Pyramid stage headliner yet?

Maybe when they're in arenas on their own terms and not playing them as an opening act for Nickelback.

If Shania Twain headlines Glastonbury I will buy everyone on this forum a cider 

Just for clarity, that was intended to reflect how unlikely I think that is rather than how happy I will be if it does indeed happen. 

Edited by gherkin8r
  • Thanks 1

confusion from that daily hits page might be because they are american - don't realise the difference between Legend and a headliner as they are all top line

1 hour ago, gfa said:

confusion from that daily hits page might be because they are american - don't realise the difference between Legend and a headliner as they are all top line

Seems like the writer was too excited and breathless to do a better job so they just did a stream of consciousness. 

4 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Hear me out, is Stevie Nicks subbing a possibility? A bloody big sub at that, but given she supported Tom Petty she may accept it? Thoughts?

I would think her doing legends and Shania subbing / or being in that Sheryl Crow slot would be more likely. 

The Shania legends slot has always seemed weird to me. I know the pool is diminishing but would it be cruel to say she’s the least ‘legendary’ person they’ve booked for that slot if true? Guess it’s all subjective. 

• Upvote 1

For what it's worth, my (mid-20s) friend group of Glastonbury-goers are all talking about Shania as a legend slot contender and haven't talked about her as possibly playing another slot.

Not worth much of course, but maybe a sign that my generation see him as a fully fledged legend

Edited by wro_lap

7 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Jungle has been discussed on here widely.  Be interested if Fontaines is right, could be, but I don't know that Park feels right after later afternoon Other stage with a big crowd last time.  It isn't that implausable but I thought they would be a Woodsies headliner or maybe Other Stage again.

Fontaines really didn't have a big crowd on The Other Stage. 

Not small, but certainly not big. 

FB_IMG_1708385371629.jpg

Edited by briddj

47 minutes ago, briddj said:

Fontaines really didn't have a big crowd on The Other Stage. 

Not small, but certainly not big. 

FB_IMG_1708385371629.jpg

They were going against Diana Ross. 
Definitely not a huge crowd. I was there and could get to the front easily.

Edited by Calvin Klein

5 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

They were going against Diana Ross. 
Definitely not a huge crowd. I was there and could get to the front easily.

Didn't thousands leave Ross?

6 hours ago, henry bear said:

I think Shania would go down a storm in that slot - she's got the smorgasbord of cheesy hits to serve up that's required on a Sunday afternoon

Exactly that, she's not headlining at all. Just Glastonbury have previously said the Legend slot is like having a 4th headliner. 

I'm still imagining something like, Stevie, Olivia, Keane, Shania.

I’ve said it on here before but The Killers have a hole that’s so Glastonbury shaped I just can’t see them NOT being there (Glasgow run to  27 June, London run from 4 July) 🤔 Main argument against it seems to be how recently they last headlined (2019) - and I agree it may be too soon. If they aren’t headlining though maybe a Churnups style slot? But if it’s not Stevie Wonder then 👀